Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Noon-time demos at jet events

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems
View Poll Results: A poll
Yea, all noon-time non-jet demos are cool
16.17%
Some noon-time demos, particularly full-scale are OK if short
44.91%
NO noon-time demos - I came to fly...
38.92%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Noon-time demos at jet events

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 08:15 AM
John Redman
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Noon-time demos at jet events

Sorry about that Quist, sometimes I get wraped up and don't see the forest through the trees. Thanks for the clarification and I appologize for my thoughts and words.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:13 AM
Trisquire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the noon show, and I can see how the kids react to the 3D demos. I can hear them saying, "Yeah.........stunts!" Between the HOH, and the JR Indoor Festival, Terry's done a lot for the Columbus RC community. He inspired me to get back into it after a 30 year hiatus.

You never know. Today's spectator could be tomorrow's jet pilot. Hey, you think I'm going to fly foamies forever?

Tom
Old 08-16-2007, 01:57 PM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: BigT-RCU

...... but nothing has been as powerfull as a smiling child, walking off that runway with a bag full of candy dropped from a full scale Super Cub. That is part of our noon time show and charter. Like I said I am getting older, and I guess it's beginning to show. Love you guys, but this is what we do. Terry
Priceless!!!!!

Picture speaks for itself and those kids might be our future Jet Pilots.

Old 08-16-2007, 11:04 PM
Boomerang1

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Now that's what I call an interesting noon time display! Now I know what the FOD screen is for, to keep candy - lollies - sweets (as applicable to your tribe) out of my turbine!

Thanks for the invite Synth, I'd love to come back. I was there years ago & you guys made us most welcome. - John
Old 08-17-2007, 01:00 AM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

I voted no...

I have done a few demos at jet and non jet rallies.

Non jets at a jet rally....no reaction at all from the crowd (even though it was something they would never have seen before) - they wanted to see the jets.

Jets at a scale rally....again the crowd wanted to see the jets. We were having a lot of technical problems with landing gear, air leaks, fuel leaks, etc. It was like being the headline act at a freak show...the pressure from the crowd was intense! "When ya gonna fly?....when ya gonna fly?....when ya gonna fly??" over and over and over and over... It made it difficult to concentrate on fixing the problems we had. It also alienated the scale pilots because the two jets were getting all the attention (and we didn't want it) while their planes were being ignored (and it was their rally!!)

Jets at a jet rally....now there was a win - win combination......not really a demo though....well, maybe it was.... My son did a nice flight followed by a greaser nose high landing right on the centerline which brought unsolicited applause from the crowd.....
Old 08-17-2007, 06:54 AM
Synthetic
My Feedback: (18)

Anytime Boomerang1, you're always welcome here......