Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

TRIM - Austrailia

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

TRIM - Austrailia

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2003, 09:06 PM
Vic Patterson
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRIM - Austrailia

Hi Guys,On 3-18 I was told my backorder was being shipped air freight directly to me and it would be here in 11 days.Does anyone want to do the math?I am past the point of being gullable.What kind of a fool would deliberately take a company that makes excellent products and send it down the old crapper?I am in the process of packing everything up and sending it back. I am so pissed off,that Sabre would be perfect for my Simjet 1200.but if they won't or can't supply product,what else can one do?Lies don't fill backorders.
Old 04-19-2003, 03:56 PM
Q8SABRE
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I Placed an order for a sabre early Jan. my credit card been charged yest.
May b good news from Australia
Old 04-19-2003, 06:41 PM
Vic Patterson
My Feedback: (14)

Hi Guys,
Yesterday I recieved two out of three boxes filled with Trim stuff for the Sabre,today I recieved the third box with wheels,brakes,nose gear,retracts and misc.The fuel cells were not there but Ed said they were having trouble with their molds.The quality of goods they sent were as good as you would ever want to see.So to eliminate any further frustraitions if Great Northern dosen't have itin stock I won't order it.
Old 04-19-2003, 10:16 PM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Some of us are still waiting!

Remember "it will be at Mikes Models within one and a half weeks"? That was over a month ago.

I don't believe one word Trim says. I am putting another kit onto the building board now, I am not keeping it clear for a Trim kit that has been repeatedly promised "any day now" for over two months. If, not when but IF, the Trim Sabre kit ever arrives I will be checking every last washer is in the box before I pay - if any part is missing I would not bet on getting it out of Trim. If someone else would hurry up and start producing proper turbine or fully turbinised d/f kits for 12lb engines I would be straight round to Mikes Models to buy it and thereby avoid giving one penny of my money to Trim.

All Trim had to do was: 1) answer emails from people who wanted to spend money with them. 2) Be honest about a delay - don't even need to say why, just say it will be 3/4/5 months until delivery and then keep to it.

No-one minds if they are told about a delay before they make the purchasing decision, or are told honestly about delays along the way. Someone should go round to Trim's factory and point out to them that paying customers soon come to despise companies that make repeated false promises. And thanks to the joys of the web, we can spread the word far and wide.

Harry
Old 04-20-2003, 08:05 AM
CJ2002

Originally posted by HarryC
Some of us are still waiting!

I am putting another kit onto the building board now, I am not keeping it clear for a Trim kit that has been repeatedly promised "any day now" for over two months.

And thanks to the joys of the web, we can spread the word far and wide.

Harry
Hi Harry,

Don't keep us in suspense....what's going to adorn the HC building board now?!!

Not sure about the last bit of your quote...

Cheers,

Dick
Old 04-20-2003, 08:46 AM
HarryC

Originally posted by CJ2002
Don't keep us in suspense....what's going to adorn the HC building board now?!!
Unfortunately it's not a jet. A Mini-Chevron, was made by MFA though they stopped production of it decades ago, but I managed to find they had some f/g fuzzes still at the back of the warehouse. It's a swept wing sports aerobat, nearest thing to a swept wing jet without the jet!

H
Old 04-21-2003, 02:00 PM
Sundownee
My Feedback: (30)

Default I called Trim myslef, this doesn't make sense

Well folks, it's the end of another week, phoned MM and the shop has still not received the batch of kits which 2 months ago they told me "any day now", and which MM says Trim swear blind they finally dispatched about 3 weeks ago.

Someone in this supply chain is telling fibs and the omens point to Trim.

Harry

HI guys, as to the post above, I just called Trim, ya I know it was Midnight there, but the number was transfered to the house. I spoke to a nice person . Something is totaly wrong here, because They said that they have tons of wheels,brakes and retracts and other items in stock awaiting orders. This doesn't make sense to me because, all I keep hearing is that shippments havn't arrived yet They were going to check in the morning, the system to see where my retracts are if they were shipped and when, or even if they were orderd. Then they were going to email mail me on the findings. Let the truth find itself now.

Paul
Old 04-25-2003, 01:13 PM
HarryC

Ho hum, another week comes to an end, another week with no delivery of the Sabre. I think the shop received loads of bits'n'pieces from Trim, but no Sabre kits.

H
Old 04-26-2003, 12:13 AM
viper1

Default Re: I called Trim myslef, this doesn't make sense

Originally posted by Paul Sousa

HI guys, as to the post above, I just called Trim, ya I know it was Midnight there, but the number was transfered to the house. I spoke to a nice person . Something is totaly wrong here, because They said that they have tons of wheels,brakes and retracts and other items in stock awaiting orders. This doesn't make sense to me because, all I keep hearing is that shippments havn't arrived yet They were going to check in the morning, the system to see where my retracts are if they were shipped and when, or even if they were orderd. Then they were going to email mail me on the findings. Let the truth find itself now.

Paul
I if there's no problem at all with Trim's stock, maybe there's a problem with the other party involved, MM in this case. Nobody seems to question their integrity, which IMHO is not fair. I never had a problem with ordering or communicating with Trimair.
The only problem they could have is that they are not the kind of people (or in the position) to point the finger at other (business) parties.
Maybe Mike's Models doesn't tell you the full story?

Just my 2cts
Old 04-26-2003, 12:33 AM
Kevin Greene
My Feedback: (85)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would try to contact Trim by phone to get first hand information myself. My kit was ordered, I was told how long it would take to make the kit and shipping times/dates. Everything was right on the money, including the drop shipping delivery of the kit to Superman for me to inspect and pick up. All this took just shy of two months to complete including the customs headaches. I'm a VERY happy man. I was extremely impressed with what I received for my money.

I went through Kevin and Ed at Great Northern Models. These two guys are a pleasure to deal with....Not to mention their efforts to get the SimJet line of turbines as reliable as they are. Two top notch fellows.

Again, I would call Trim and speak to someone in person than rely on second hand info.

Kevin
Old 04-26-2003, 12:40 AM
Sundownee
My Feedback: (30)

Ok guys, My retracts are now on the way from Trim, should be here within 10 days now. My supplier said that there was a mix-up of funds so trim never received their wire. All I know is that I need my retracts.....Paints cans won't do it no more

Paul
Old 04-27-2003, 07:51 AM
timrob

Hi guys,

Sorry to hear about all the TRIM air troubles. I personally have had mixed results with the email route of communicating, but have had fantastic results with the "old fashioned" method of communication, the trusty phone. They have been only too happy to help me.

To make some of you waiting for kits jealous, get this, I live 1.5 hours drive from the factory, so I made a trip to Melton and they sold me a Sabre kit there and then. They didn't have everything in stock, but I got about 3/4 of the kit minus the saddle tanks, wing tanks, landing gear and other odds and ends. I chose the ducted fan kit, and am still waiting on the saddle tanks and tuned pipe and gear doors.

My advice, use the phone to call TRIM direct. Belinda or Maree (mother and daughter) will be only too happy to help. I visited them about a month ago and they seemed to be snowed under. The word gets out when there is a quality product and from my experience, the kit is quality. Everyone wants one.

To anyone out there who has built a TRIM Sabre, I have noted on other threads that the aileron and flap servo mounting method may not be the best way to mount these servos. Can anyone let me know what they have tired, and what works the best. Thanks.

Hope your Sabres arive.
Tim.
Old 04-27-2003, 09:16 AM
HarryC

Everything I have read says that the Trim Sabre is a high quality kit, and I am champing at the bit to get started. I think the shop did receive a couple of Sabre kits a couple of weeks ago, but I was not the first person on their waiting list, and the kits they received were basic, not the full package with every optional extra that I ordered. I would not be surprised to hear that Trim is experiencing a big surge in demand now that the 12lb thrust engines are starting to appear in quantity. I just want someone to give me a delivery date and stick to it!

H
Old 04-29-2003, 06:23 AM
f18rcflyr

you guys are scaring me to death, and i just ordered 2 of them.please tell me things worked out ok
Old 04-29-2003, 04:06 PM
HarryC

I phoned Trim yesterday and got some info straight from the factory. Spoke to a most cheerful and helpful lady.

The problem is not MM shop or other shops, the problem has been at Trim. She said they kept being sent the wrong type of steel for the jet pipes. Kits are now being shipped out again. She said they had a virus in their email system early in the year and perhaps this lost some emails, explaining why some people never got a reply.

I didn't ask but I would guess they have a backlog of orders that could take while to satisfy.

Harry
Old 04-29-2003, 04:11 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Well - I don't imagine that you need the pipe straight away - so if the pipe material is the only problem, then presumably they can at least send you the rest of your kit for you to get started on while they catch up on pipe back-orders ?

Gordon
Old 04-29-2003, 04:58 PM
Q8SABRE

and pay extra shipping charge for the pipe!!
Old 04-29-2003, 05:19 PM
HarryC

Although she only mentioned the metal for the pipe, I have heard from other sources that they have had manufacturing problems/delays with other items such as the fuel tanks.

The irony is I that I may replace the Trim pipe with the Wren thrust enhancing pipe anyway.

I have got a 12 channel receiver now, got the engine, all I am waiting for is the Trim Sabre!

Harry
Old 04-29-2003, 05:38 PM
Q8SABRE

Harry
I feel your agony, but be patient. you will love the sabre when you get it
Old 05-01-2003, 08:24 AM
ossie

Default Trim Sabre

Hi everyone,
Noticed a few guys are anxiously waiting for Trim Sabres.
I rang Trim seeking info about their Sabre, thinking about buying one myself. The lady said moving Australian orders prior to overseas orders.

Made up my mind to purchase one, but still dwelling over a DF or turbine, I know turbines are 4X the price, AHHH, what the hell !!!
Wife doesn't care which way, she's happy that RC modelling keeps me at home.

What do you guys think...DF or turbine????

Flown pattern and scale models for many years now, so I think I'm up to it.

Any comments appreciated.........
Cheers
Ossie
Old 05-01-2003, 01:34 PM
Q8SABRE

Good day ossie
I have a DF TRIM sabre, and on my maiden flight I wished it was a turbine.
Old 05-02-2003, 03:03 AM
seafurymike

Hey Guys,

I don't recon trim stuff is all that crash hot. My mate made up 5 spectre kits, which are ducted fan. The fus is quite thin and has some mould crack marks. I suspect its due to the kit being around for so long, I suppose you won't notice it once its painted. The seams were crap, we beefed these up a bit as it was a bit weak in spots.

I hope the F86 isn't like the Spectre kits.

Sorry to hear about your problems Harry. If you want, I live in Melbourne and wouldn't want to deal with them, although I could go and bash on their door. 30 minutes away from where I live.
Old 05-06-2003, 08:46 AM
viper1

You scared the S**t out of me Mike,

I picked up my Spectre kit today, But after a close inspection of the fuzz they must have "cleaned" it up, cos it looks OK to me, no pinholes or crack marks , the seam only needs a little sanding on the outside. But I also got their brakes & wheels set. Man am I happy with these jewels ! IMHO these must be the best quality you can get. I also drooled over the F-16 wheels and you have to see the scale machining on the rims to believe it. Next on my wish list for sure..........
Old 05-09-2003, 02:00 PM
HarryC

Do you remember that Diana Ross song “I’m still waiting”? Hmm, I know how she felt.

Or Snow White - "One day my Trim will come"

H
Old 05-09-2003, 06:44 PM
Minch

I have finally received my bits from TRIM, just for info they dispatched it on the 24/4/03 but it took a fortnight to arrive with me and it came with a note attached saving it had been opened by airport security, this may account for some of you if you are experiencing long delays during shipping.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.