Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

A very special thank you from Heart of Ohio

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

A very special thank you from Heart of Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 11:00 PM
BigT-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A very special thank you from Heart of Ohio

Wow, what a ride! Great pilots, special friends and record crowds. Thanks to all that attended and helped make this event one of our best ever. You pilots made the show and everyone enjoyed your performances. Thanks also to all our great sponsors and supporters for the generous donations. Please come see us again, we'd love to have you back! Big T
Old 08-27-2007, 09:08 AM
Delta Mike
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: A very special thank you from Heart of Ohio

Terry, Thanks for holding a great event. Hats off to you and all the guys and gals who made this event one of the best. I have never met a nicer group of people in the world. Everyone was over the top in every way. I never heard one negative comment from anyone about the event all weekend, and that is rare at a jet meet.

Good Job and we will be back! :-)

Dennis
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46174.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	232.4 KB
ID:	750721  
Old 08-27-2007, 10:34 AM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

GREAT EVENT!!
Great people, great pilots, great field, great club!
As Arnold would say,"All be back"
Thanks Terry and the TORKS
Old 08-27-2007, 10:43 AM
Trisquire

I enjoyed the jets and the noon show. After the skydivers were on the ground, their plane made a high speed pass over the field..............It was KEWL!!

Tom
Old 08-27-2007, 10:54 AM
Burt-RCU
My Feedback: (23)

Terry the thanks go to you and the team that put the show on. You could see the great effort it took to keep everyone happy and running well. A special thanks for the great dinner put on by RC -JETS AND AMT. The 1000 ft runway was the best.
Hope to see you again for the 18th year at the field.
Burt
Old 08-27-2007, 01:59 PM
Jet Lag
My Feedback: (26)

Again,another super event put on by the TORKS.The friday evening roast pig and chicken dinner was not to be missed.The new runway extensions saved a few pilots from a excursion into the grass.As of Saturday morning they had 53 registered pilots filling the sky and having a great time.Bob Violet put on some great demos with his new Electric planes.They clocked the sport one at over 172 mph straight and level.Spectacular performance.You can find photos that have been posted at www.rcphotos.teamastro.com
Old 08-27-2007, 02:50 PM
Doctor J.

Terry,
Thanks for a great event. You and the crew were simply outstanding. The AMT Crew and I had a wonderful time. We look forward to your event next year and you can count on our support again. Our thanks go out to all the pilots and their crews also. Friendship, Flying, Fish Stories, and Fun is what this hobby is all about, and there was plenty of all. To the TORKS CREW, words can not explain how great a job you guys did by making everyone feel like family. All I can say is job well done! Hope to see you guys at Route 66 in a couple weeks. Until then I think I need to buy some more CA Glue, HA! HA!

John Ligons
V/P AMT USA LLC.
CIA
Hitec/Multiplex
Old 08-27-2007, 06:24 PM
jet76
My Feedback: (33)

Terry and the torks club are a first class organization. I cant thank them guys enough for all that you do. a very exciting weekend to say the least. See you guys in "08"............Oh yea, would somebody please let me know when the beans come off on the west end
Thanks Ben
Old 08-27-2007, 07:01 PM
deweyd
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Terry, Torks, and everyone else that made the event run. The dinner was a wonderful thing to have at the field. Thanks
Old 08-27-2007, 08:09 PM
TED ANTON
My Feedback: (7)

To Terry. Sheila and all the gang, this by far was the best event that I have ever attended recieving the royal treatment was a great understatment ,anything we needed we got.
Its not just about a great flying sight the people realy make the differance
It was great to see all the old faces and make new friends
Thanks again to everyone involved and all the pilots for a great time and I hope we can do it all again next year

Ted

Old 08-27-2007, 08:38 PM
rcpete347
My Feedback: (251)

HI all, had a great time at Heart of Ohio Jets, thats to the crew, they where great. Saturday night dinner was a plus too. I really enjoyed the nighty chit chat, under the stars, at the field with the rest of the die hard campers.
The only negative was having Ted talk my ear off, all the way home, next year, I"ll have to put him in a crate and ship him ahead of me, just kidding Ted
Rcpete
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo38870.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	751331   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40018.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	751332  
Old 08-27-2007, 08:52 PM
Patrick Frost
Banned
My Feedback: (88)

Terry and the TORKS members,

We just arrived home and we want to say Thank You for the ULTIMATE treatment for my family and I. Susan and Izzy got to go shopping on Saturday with several other pilots wives and they had such a good time! This was the Best Heart of Ohio since the move to TORKS Field of Dreams! Terry was kind enough to run into town twice and take care of our fuel for our Camper generator. He was always asking all the pilots if we needed anything making sure we were having a great time. We come each year because he knows how to take care of us. The new runway is spectacular and you could'nt ask for a better flying site. I heard from one of the TORKS members that there were nearly 3000 spectators on Saturday and nearly 1500-2000 spectators on Sunday. We will come back each year because you guys always make us feel at home. I cant wait for next year!

Thanks again!
-Patrick
Old 08-27-2007, 10:36 PM
JimBrown
My Feedback: (2)

Geez, Patrick, you must have really slept in this morning. That one Canadian beer last night do you in?

Terry, Sheila, and the rest of the Torks gang, thanks again for a wonderful week. Although I only got one flight in on Wednesday, Ann and I still had a blast. Thanks for letting my fly one of your TeeRific jets.

Please pass a thank you to Dave for the bottle of wine Thursday evening. It made our 27th anniversary a bit more special. That and my gift to Ann that I didn't know I bought. [X(]

Thanks to Nick Yahusz and Paul Blanchard for answering my questions about their F-5's. I only hope I can do as good a job as they did with my new one. And a special thanks to my wife for buying me an F-5 kit for my birthday. Maybe hitting five oh ain't that bad.

See you all next year!
...jim
Old 08-28-2007, 12:02 PM
Gary Szetlak
My Feedback: (13)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This is a PREMIERE event. The flight line control is very well organized, the field and runway are great, the support staff that take care of the flight line, registration and frequency control are organized and professional. Terry even had courtesy cars for us to use (and we did!) Thanks to the sponsors that provided the dinner Friday, it was fantastic. Thank you to the sponsors that provided the pilot raffle prizes, (I have a new pair of Zurich sunglasses!). And finally watching the kids run after the candy from the J3 Cub candy drop was priceless.
Had a GREAT TIME! See you for HOH 2008

Gary Szetlak
Old 08-28-2007, 02:54 PM
mustangrc

To all Jet pilots and our Club members,

To the pilots: All of you continue to amaze me with your skills. I don't know how many times I kidded some of you for using only 100' or so of our 1000' runway. Thanks again for putting on a great show for our sponsors and spectators. Although I have only been a part of the event for 4 or 5 years, it is already like old home week to me to get to visit with you all again this year. I especially like the evenings at the field with the happy campers, thanks Jim and Ann for Thursday night, and the Sat dinner with everyone! My wife Bev and I really enjoy spending time with you, Bev of course really likes taking the wives shopping! Maybe one of these days I'll add a jet to my fleet of warbirds!

To our club members: Thanks for all the hard work you have put in to make this event a success. It could not happen without each one of you. As I have said before, this event is the beat way I know to not only showcase our hobby to the general public, but also give back to our community.

I am very proud to be a part of this event. Thanks again to all that attended! See you next year!

Dave "Airboss" Agee
President, TORKS
Old 09-04-2007, 09:10 PM
PsychedelicWonders

Hello, I'm new to RC's. Was this Jet event at the recent Cleveland Air Show?

I know they had RC's early in the morning I belive. I wish I would have had this facination for Jet RC's about 4 days ago. I went on saturday, but didn't get there until 1130 am.

Is there any type of northern Ohio Jet group?

I searched on this websites club area, but the only type of club that came up for the cleveland area was a lake-geauga helicopter crew.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:52 AM
G4guy
My Feedback: (13)

Terry, Sheila and all the rest of the TORKS Crew I want to say thanks for a wonderful Jet together. This was my 16th year, and would tell everyone to try to attend. Unfortunatly this year I had to arrive late Friday afternoon(still got 2 flights in on my Hotspot) because of work, I did not get back from England until late thursday night. The Dinner was excellent with a special thanks to John Liggons from AMT and RC Jets. The sad news was that my wife really became ill from either Heat Stroke or the Flu or a combination of both. She stayed in bed all day Saturday and did not look good Saturday night so I took her home early Sunday morning. A visit to the emergency room sunday afternoon was next and it took her almost a week to feel better. Thanks for everyones concern and she is looking forward to next year. You know she had to be feeling bad when she did not want to go shopping on Saturday!

Again a BIG Thank you from Ron and Annette Doctorick
Old 09-05-2007, 08:36 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Hi Ron,
I'm happy to hear your wife is feeling better.
Bob