Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Godspeed on "American Choppers" TLC

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Godspeed on "American Choppers" TLC

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 08:53 PM
Delta Mike
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Godspeed on "American Choppers" TLC

Dear fellow Jet pilots,

The Godspeed Flight Demonstration Team will be featured on the newest episode of “American Chopper” August 30th on the TLC “Turbo” channel network. In this Episode we tried to teach Paulie and Vinny how to fly R/C Helicopters (BladeCX2). For those of you who don’t know about us, we are a publicly funded 501(c) 3 non-profit corporation. We go into elementary schools as an in-school assembly program, using indoor R/C airplanes and helicopters in an Airshow style performance, the Godspeed team is there to promote model aviation, Education and to inspire children to follow your dreams and never giving up.

Our 38 min program is held inside the school gym where we teach the kids a basic lesson in aerodynamics and the inspirational story of the Wright Brothers childhood dream of building the flying machine. The show inspires, vision, perserverance, purpose, and imagination in every child while showing them how their gifts and talents as well as their education will help steer them through a “Successful Journey” in life. Godspeed!

In our first year we held 45 air shows in 30 schools in 11 states from California to Connecticut with a total audience of 13.000 kids from 1st -5th grade. For more information about us you can visit us online at www.goGodspeed.com

By the way, Vin and Paulie are into R/C. We are preparing a special DV8R to help them make the transition to jets. They are all a great bunch of guys and they believe in what we are doing helping kids. I think we will be on the show for a very short segment about 2 min. So I hope all you guys will watch and someday support us.

Dennis

Dennis Michael
Godspeed Flight Demonstration Team, Inc.
Tulsa International Airport Hangar 1
918-269-3594
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91879.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	752839   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60156.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	752840   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cz80008.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	752841   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81044.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	752842  
Old 08-29-2007, 10:10 PM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Godspeed on "American Choppers" TLC

Most cool indeed. What's the bike build on this episode?

Nice work in your calling and a well-written press release.

Best of luck to you guys,
Paul
Old 08-29-2007, 10:20 PM
Delta Mike

Hi Paul, They are building a helicopter theme bike for Silverstate helicopters. They made a chopper that they put a rotor head on and they are going to launch it off the roof of their shop as a gag. Crazy.

DM
Old 08-29-2007, 11:11 PM
ianober
My Feedback: (12)

Very cool guys. Love the show and think that they are a great bunch of guys too. I have never seen a company do more charitable stuff than OCC!!

Thats a company that really cares and its great to see the guys involved in R/C. Now we just need to get them out to a few jet meets.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:55 AM
JET FX

Excellent, I will definetely keep an eye out for this new episode... Its one of my favorite shows, I was just watching a DVD of their Space Shuttle bike build last night. Gota love Mikey and his attempt at building a model of the shuttle

Cheers-
Old 08-30-2007, 03:09 AM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: JET FX

Gota love Mikey and his attempt at building a model of the shuttle

Cheers-
I liked Cody's attempt to hide it in a drawer even more.

I say let's get the Teutel's out to Cali Jets! This could either be my best movie ever...or the first time my footage would be confiscated [X(] But hey, maybe I can contract with Pilgrim Films and Discovery and get to shoot afterall, although I wouldn't end up with footage that way either. Maybe they should just go to Fla. Jets or TG instead[]
They'll probably end up at Floyd Bennet before long. I think Woj would fit right into an American Chopper episode where they go out and fly jets. That will be the show wher they're building another Jets Bike... The BVM Jets Bike! And Nubby, start perusing the House of Color chart for Irridescent Purple!

That would be great though. Would love to see those guys at a bigger jet event. That would certainly be big exposure to the hobby, and certainly a huge opportunity for the fortunate organizers of the lucky event.

Keep on tearin' it up guys.

Pauly
Old 08-30-2007, 10:27 PM
joeflyer
My Feedback: (48)

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi Dennis,
I caught your appearance on American Chopper this evening. I applaud your efforts to promote the positive aspects of the RC hobby. Also enjoyed meeting and talking to you at Heart of Ohio.

Joe
Old 08-31-2007, 06:55 AM
Delta Mike

Hi Joe, Thanks for your kind comments. My phone rang off the hook after the show aired lastnight. It was great exposure and we began getting emails for school apperances 10 min before the show was over, pretty cool. I have commited my life to this program and to the kids that are inspired by it, I am living my dream.

I had a good time at Heart of Ohio. I can't wait to come back. I will be leaving for Route 66 jets in a couple days hope you can make that one. Roger is a great guy.

See ya Joe,

Dennis
Old 09-04-2007, 08:14 AM
Delta Mike

FYI,
For those of you who missed the Godspeed Flight Demonstration Team being featured on the hit TV show "American Chopper" The show will air again on TLC September 16 at 9pm.

Thanks for your support,

Dennis :-)

Old 09-04-2007, 10:05 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Delta Mike

FYI,
For those of you who missed the Godspeed Flight Demonstration Team being featured on the hit TV show "American Chopper" The show will air again on TLC September 16 at 9pm.

Thanks for your support,

Dennis :-)

Hey Dennis,

That is so cool! I love that show. I think what you are doing is great. I had no idea that you were involved in such a worth while organization, but then again why would I?? I just met you at KY Jets. Congrats, for the coverage and looking forward to flying with you again.

Andy
Old 09-04-2007, 02:31 PM
Delta Mike

Hi Andy, Thanks, It was a fun time at KY JETS.. I hope to be at Rt66 jets on Friday.. I have been on the road for the past 2 weeks and just now getting back into Tulsa tonight. We are getting lots of request from the American Chopper show. I believe this will be a record year for us,,, our goal is 60.000kids...

Hope to see you soon and thanks for watching..

Dennis
Old 05-12-2008, 02:55 PM
Dangerous Dan
My Feedback: (1)

I just watched godspeed perform at my kids school and all I can say is WOW! I can't say enough good things about what they do. They get a great message to the kids using RC Planes and put on a heck of a show. They are a not-for profit orginazation that is doing a great thing for kids and our hobby. Check out their website and video. http://www.gogodspeed.com/v2/site.html __________________