Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Eurosport and 10X Setup Question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Eurosport and 10X Setup Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 06:48 PM
saddler
My Feedback: (93)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eurosport and 10X Setup Question

I installed the elevon servos in my Eurosport today and began to set them up in the radio. I ran into a programming problem that i haven't been able to figure out. It is hard to explain so i'll do my best, hopefully someone will understand. When setting the elevator portion of the elevon throw, it was set to the recommended throws in the book. However, when holding full up elevator and then simultaneously adding right aileron, the right elevon moves even further up and the left one down. I don't want the right one to move any further than the full up elevator throw, I only want the left one to go down. The same happens with full down elevator. However when the aileron is applied to full down elevator, the downward elevon control horn binds on the bottom wing skin because it is trying th move the elevon further than the limit of the down elevator. In a Futaba transmitter setup with elevons, you have a throw limit for both aileron up/down, and elevator up/down so that these problems don't happen. I can't seem to figure out how to make the 10X do the same thing. I have tried using the differential but then you have that same differential all the time which i don't want. Hopefully someone can help with this setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 02-07-2005, 06:17 AM
Jim Cattanach

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Eurosport and 10X Setup Question

I had similar problems on my Eurosport using my JR 9x transmitter. I can remember trying to set up the ailerons correctly, only to discover this had upset the elevator settings.

What I did was set up the throws as near as possible using the servo travel adjust for both aileron & elevator. I then used the dual rate adjustments on aileron & elevator to do final settings.
Hope this helps.

Regards
Old 02-07-2005, 06:41 AM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Change your aileron ATV to a lessor number, or just leave it be. On my 10 x / Euro, I left roll rate in, brought in as much elevator as I could mechanically get, and used 30 % positive ( It's 5:30 am and can't think of the work that makes it less sensitive in the middle).

But if you don't want the extra roll rate, just change your travel in the aileron.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:35 AM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

There is one simple solution.....

GO BACK TO FUTABA
Old 02-07-2005, 10:00 AM
seanreit

Now it's 9:am and I can think. 30% Expo

LOL, ya Todd, Futaba, and lose a channel
Old 02-07-2005, 10:16 AM
CFII1974
My Feedback: (5)

Sean is right. Use the ATV to keep it from binding. I know at full deflection mine is just shy of binding. lots of expo, b/c she will roll very fast on high rate.
Old 02-07-2005, 02:39 PM
saddler

I knew it wouldn't be long before i got that response Todd!

Anyway, i think people are misunderstanding what i am saying. I understand the adjustments to the ATV. I can dial down the ATV on the aileron setting so that it won't bind but then when you don't have any elevator input, the ailerons won't work at all. The only way to stop from binding with full elevator deflection and full aileron deflection at the same time is to reduce the aileron ATV to 0. Then when you remove the elevator, you have no aileron in that direction. It is very hard to explain but i still don't have an answer that will fix the problem.
Old 02-07-2005, 02:55 PM
grbaker
My Feedback: (29)

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

I don't know if this will help any, but in the 10X, if you have elevons selected on the wing type. Then the Aileron ATV adjustment, controls an aileron on one side and the elevon on the other. The Elevon ATV adjusts the opposite elevon and aileron than the Aileron ATV adjusts. Make any sense?
Old 02-07-2005, 03:13 PM
CFII1974

I have mine setup with a 10X and it has been a while but I don't remember doing anything special to make it work right. I'll take a look tonight if you don't have an answer by then.

Dave
Old 02-07-2005, 03:51 PM
seanreit

Ditto that, make sure you've got elevons selected. There is not a special mix or ATV to 0 necessary to make this work right. I'll look at mine as well. You might want to have someone email you the 10x file off their radio and try their program out??
Old 02-07-2005, 11:24 PM
CFII1974

Saddler,

Here is what I have.
Wing type - Elevon p0-0% Tail INH
Travel Adj - 100% on Elev and Aile
Aile pos-0 = D/R 75% Exp +30 Type Normal
Aile pos 1 = D/R 65% Exp +35 Type Normal
Aile pos 2 = D/R 55% Exp +35 Type Normal
Elev pos 0 = D/R 100% Exp +0 Type Normal
Elev pos 1 = D/R 75% Exp +30 Type Normal
Elev Pos 2 = D/R 55% Exp +35 Type Normal

Most of the time I am flying on pos 1 on both Aile and Elev. I use pos 0 for slow and radical maneuvers and pos 2 for high speed (well as fast as a euro can go) low low passes and super smooth flying.

Hope this helps you out man.

Dave
Old 02-08-2005, 08:17 AM
Glorfindel

Goto the Jr support forum here on rcu and ask 'dany' from team Jr...I think you cant overpass that. The ailerons travel is some kind of added to the throw of the elevator. I alweays have this prob on any of my deltas...You can dial down the travel of the ail. and try to make a compromise...But go ask Dany, i curious about his reply...
Old 02-08-2005, 09:09 AM
saddler

Dave,

Thanks for the info, that is exactly what i was looking for. Hopefully armed with that information, i can go to my transmitter and at least get it close. I will try it tonight and see what i come up with.

Thanks
Old 02-08-2005, 09:19 AM
Airdoggy

I just set up my Gripen and did not seem to run into the same problem. The Gripen throws for the Elevator portion and aileron portion are substantially different, for example: The suggested throws for the aileron are at least a 60 %percent less than the suggested throw for the Elevators.

I programmed in each accordingly by limiting their movement via "travel adj". After completion, I tested it out and put in full up elevon. After that checked out I added full right aileron with full elevator, as I was curious how it would work with aileron throw and elevator throw being different. I noticed the right elevon stayed in position (up elevator) and the left elevon moved slightly down, although it was still deflected up from the elevator input. It seemed awkward and hurt my head to think about it, but it eventually made sense and I see how it makes a turn with elevator and aileron input. It just looks funny when its doing it thing.

Anyways, I didn't run into the same problem, but hopefully yours is something real easy to fix.

Hmmmmmmmmm, maybe I better go check mine again.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:13 AM
saddler

Yeah i know this seems really strange and i usually don't have programming problems with my radios but for some reason this one has me stumped. When all else failed, i even went to the instruction manual (read the instructions...who does that?) but it isn't real helpful beyond what i already knew. I had the same problems when setting up my F15 but being a full flying stab, i didn't have the binding problems so i was able to live with it. Like i said before, i know there has to be a way to correct it, i just wasn't able to figure it out. I am hoping that i can get it tonight when i take Dave's (CFII1974) setup and give it a shot!

Now if Robart would just get the gear made that i have had backordered for ever, i would be ready to fly this thing! They sure do things at their own pace...
Old 07-18-2005, 04:38 PM
worldflyer

I have just started the building process of my Eurosport. Can someone tell me which channels to plug the ailerons and the canards into. It would also be great if I could get the entire program for the JR 10x

Thanks,
Pete
Old 07-18-2005, 04:41 PM
seanreit

1 throttle
2 left elevon
3 right
4 rudder
5 gear
6 speed brake
7 brakes
8 canard
9 steering servo
10 you installed smoke and need it here cause smoke is COOL!

Everything else you can get at www.dreamworksrc.com and read his eurofighter tips!
Old 08-15-2005, 08:37 PM
worldflyer

Thanks for the reciever layout. I am still trying to figure out the transmitter program for my eurosport. I recently switched from Futaba to JR, so I'm very new to the 10x radio. If someone could e-mail the program or detailed steps on how to program it for the eurosport, or even where to find the info, it would be great.
I can be reached at [email protected].

Thanks,
Pete
Old 08-15-2005, 10:52 PM
seanreit

Get in Touch with Ray Blair or some of the houston guys, I think you are near them.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:55 PM
Lt. Dan
My Feedback: (21)

I had this same problem when setting up my F-15. This isn't really a problem with the radio it is doing exactly what it is supposed to. Example: You have the stick pulled back for 50% up elevator. Now you mix in a 25% left turn. The radio is mixing the equivalent flight control deflection by adding elevon on the left (now at 75% travel) and reducing elevon on the right (now down to 25%), so that aerodynamically, you still have 50% up elevator deflection. So at 100% elevator, with any turn input the elevon on the down-going wing is going to be overdriven.

You have to remove both aileron AND elevator travel in this case. If you are at the recommended throws and you're binding, there isn't much you can do at this point. I reduced the travel on my elevator and ailerons so that I can get a full up/down elevator input and a full left/right input and just be at the limit of servo travel.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:52 AM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: worldflyer

Thanks for the reciever layout. I am still trying to figure out the transmitter program for my eurosport. I recently switched from Futaba to JR, so I'm very new to the 10x radio. If someone could e-mail the program or detailed steps on how to program it for the eurosport, or even where to find the info, it would be great.
I can be reached at [email protected].

Thanks,
Pete
Pete

If locate my Jr Datasafe cable, I will download my setup and e-mail it to you. You can use it to flash a new setup and use it as guide to fine tune your system.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:42 AM
Countryboy
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sean,

I know this is an old thread, but could you please describe in detail what you eventually ended up doing and your final settings. I am currently setting up a Euro witha JR 10SXII

Ronnie

PS
The Behotec JB-165 is running great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EInnRANOm7s