Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Mods deleting posts about Marketplace - good or bad?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems
View Poll Results: A poll
Mods should allow threads about bad sellers, only if unresolved
34.45%
Mods should allow posts to remain, even after problem resolved
32.77%
No, any Marketplace related post should not be allowed, period.
5.04%
Only allow posts about problems that Mods can validate
11.76%
Anything not generally objectionable should be allowed
9.24%
Hey, it's RCU's party, they set the rules.
6.72%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Mods deleting posts about Marketplace - good or bad?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 06:51 PM
dbarrym
My Feedback: (47)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mods deleting posts about Marketplace - good or bad?

My thread about getting ripped off by a "notorious" RCU member here in Jets (who had previously been banned twice for doing the same thing under different user names) has been deleted by Nathan. Here is his reason, along with my response:

"Reason: I have suspended this member and trust you will report everything you experienced with him using the tools we provide in the marketplace, rather than the forum. We have no interest in letting people rip others off using RCU, but want to keep the reports confined to the marketplace where they're most useful. Thank you for bringing it to our attention."

My reply:

"Nathan, I have reported this through the RCU market tools already.

If your logic is sound, why do you enforce this rule selectively? There are numerous other threads, similar to mine, that are on RCU - at least two in the last week. In fact it was one of those threads that made me realize that N2Jets was a scammer that has also ripped off numerous other RCU members using different accounts (S Scott, Fentress Jets). If that thread was deleted, then I would have continued to be mislead (as others no doubt have been).

I did a search on RCU for "Douglas Scott" before I bought the jet. If a thread like mine had been available, I would not be out $750."

I don't want to be any more controversial, but am I off-base in my thinking here? What do you think? As someone who has done more than $20K in transactions through RCU, if I can't trust the admins/mods to allow useful and critical info to be posted, I won't feel comfortable buying though RCU.

Comments??

Barry
Old 10-30-2007, 06:56 PM
smokin-gun
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mods deleting posts about Marketplace - good or bad?

there you go again being reasonable and thinking at the same time ---- that will not be tolerated in the forums !!!!!!!!
Old 10-30-2007, 07:03 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I feel if someone had a bad experience with someone here on RCU they should
be able to say so that way others can get a heads up before having the same
problem. Of course the other party should also come on and tell their side of
the story.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:15 PM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

My experience is that the mods do not use reason in cases like this.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:39 PM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

I've warned the mods in the past about steve... I also warned them that he WAS fentress jets and came back as a new alias..... Deaf ears...
Old 10-30-2007, 08:18 PM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

Just for the records, I’m totally against the rule myself. I’ve been fighting that decision for a long time now to no avail.

The market place tools works for low $ items and not for high $ jet related items. Maybe PM’s to the users Rcadmin and Nathan from the Jet community expressing your concerns might bring some changes.

This is my opinion and I’m sticking to it.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:48 PM
Patrick Frost
Banned
My Feedback: (88)

Barry,

I too was ripped deep and hard from Steve Scott aka N2JETS and I am sorry to hear that you got scammed as well. How does this guy continue to do this to people? I have checked my olds records I had on him and I do know that he owns a business in VA. called "Plantation Shutters and Blinds". His work number is 757-241-7026 and home number is 757-430-0506. If you reach this guy let him know that I want my $1800 back that he got me for a few years ago Good luck bro! You are a good guy and I hate to see it happen to good people such as yourself.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:58 PM
Synthetic

Before we buy from anyone here at RCU are we going to have to start a new thread stating the persons username and ask if it is ok to deal with this person?
It seems like that is what we are heading towards... [>:]
Don
Old 10-30-2007, 09:29 PM
smokin-gun

seems to me if people used there real names and were verified before to even be allowed to post on rcu things would be much simpler and forthright.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:38 PM
afterburner

Seems that others in this forum has had some success when getting the local authorities involved when they get ripped off. Has anyone tried that avenue with this %^&bag.

Marty
Old 10-30-2007, 09:55 PM
dbarrym
My Feedback: (47)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Marty - I don't want to go so far off the topic that THIS thread gets yanked, like my first one was. That had all the details about the transaction to date. Steve/Douglas/Scott whatever he calls himself today will not be happy that he stiffed me. Yes, suffice it to say I have taken action with the correct authorities.

Ghost_rider, thanks again - Nathan already knows how I feel about this topic. Anyone else is free to tell him and Marc as well (please). That is why I started this new poll/thread.

I just want the kit, or my money back. Want to help? Feel free to contact N2Jets for me. Anyone in the VA Beach area know him, please feel free to shame him into doing the right thing.

He's already stiffed LOTS of other RCU members. Just check out the history.

barry
Old 10-30-2007, 10:11 PM
trioval00
My Feedback: (17)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

G.Kerr. I like the idea of us useing our real names. yes we are online and kinda like being in a chat room here on RCU, but i would think "deals gone bad" here on RCU we not be as high if we did you real names. why HIDE behind a false screen name. for nthose who have had bad dealing with Steve from Virginia beach, take a vacation, beautiful beach area, and while you are there, pay him a visit. or visit Fentress jet rally in the spring and come watch him fly

Mark
Old 10-30-2007, 11:07 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

ORIGINAL: ghost_rider

Just for the records, I’m totally against the rule myself. I’ve been fighting that decision for a long time now to no avail.

The market place tools works for low $ items and not for high $ jet related items. Maybe PM’s to the users Rcadmin and Nathan from the Jet community expressing your concerns might bring some changes.

This is my opinion and I’m sticking to it.

ditto

As long as it is a factual issue and not speculation, just my opinion
Old 10-31-2007, 01:13 AM
highhorse
My Feedback: (2)

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts

ORIGINAL: trioval00

G.Kerr. I like the idea of us useing our real names. yes we are online and kinda like being in a chat room here on RCU, but i would think "deals gone bad" here on RCU we not be as high if we did you real names. why HIDE behind a false screen name. for nthose who have had bad dealing with Steve from Virginia beach, take a vacation, beautiful beach area, and while you are there, pay him a visit. or visit Fentress jet rally in the spring and come watch him fly
Mark
How do you propose to know who's using a "real" name even if that were the rule? And who's "hiding" here?. Can you point to even one RCU member who's "hiding" and describe for me what his motivation to hide is ? (other that someone who's obviously a crook anyway and is free to use "bob jones" or "bill smith" or any other "real" name he chooses?)

How, for example (although I have absolutely no reason to doubt you), do we even know that YOUR name is "Mark" ?

For every defense we think of the crooks will find a hole to defeat it IMHO.

Regards, Don. Thats MY real name (as far as you know)

Not to pick on anyone who's been ripped off (I have too, on EBAY), but there's no frigging way I'm sending a cashiers check to a stranger. No. Frigging. Way. A postal $$ order sent via the postal service and requiring photo ID at delivery might work. That way at least it's a federal offense and more resources are in play ??
Old 10-31-2007, 01:14 AM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Steve has FORTUNATELY quit the hobby and taken up bow hunting or something like that. He has not been seen in over a year and a half or so. Unfortunately, this is typical behavior for him as long as anyone has known him. I try to warn people before they get involved with him, but that is only when I know about it.

We have never been real friends, but merely acquitances (AND you can see why). I don't even know where he lives, but I might be able to get a current phone # for him. I'm out of the country so it may take a couple days, but I will try.

Sorry for all you guys that have dealt with him.

George
(My REAL name) [8D]
Old 10-31-2007, 03:58 AM
Flyjets
My Feedback: (51)

Isn't there Negative feedback left on the Transaction that went wrong with the individual in question.

If so what more do U want when someone reads that they should stay clear.

Still have to always be prepared to be scammed it happens everywhere.

Ian
Old 10-31-2007, 05:16 AM
smokin-gun

mr mod , in this case more than a few members have come forth and said this was a person who had been suspende twice before and was back again in sept 06' w/ a new name and you guys did not follow thru and now he has scammed again - kind of like the child molester thing that a city and the authoroties follow up and keep a person marked w/ the as we say scarlet letter to warn all others against the hazards associated with said individuals.
i beleive if you do enough deal there will always end up being one or two that may be a problem for a number of reasons , sometimes even it could only be buyers remorse. happens in sales everyday, but , you guys are running a marketplace and by doing so accept the responsibility to follow thru and make sure you get to the bottom of the issue if someone complains or accuses another of a deal gone bad .

YOU GUYS DROPPED THE BALL ON THIS ONE AT LEAST 3 TIMES NOW W/STEVE SCOTT- n2jets, fentress jets, douglas scott- all being the same person !
and all having many poor ratings time after time
Old 10-31-2007, 06:39 AM
GlennisAircraft
My Feedback: (1)

I feel if someone had a bad experience with someone here on RCU they should
be able to say so that way others can get a heads up before having the same
problem
Yes, as long as they keep it truthful

Of course the other party should also come on and tell their side of
the story.
That's not allowed all of the time, and that is where RCU came off of the tracks.

Dennis
Old 10-31-2007, 07:19 AM
extra 300
My Feedback: (3)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I would like to take your opinion before I file a formal complaint against one RCU member from which I have bought a Cermark F-16 turbine kit and received box with a broken fuselage due to bad packaging.
For guidance, I have asked seller not to insure package (or to be more precise insure for 25% of the value as per RCU given choices).

The problem is that box was received in perfect apparent status (no dents or cut) but due to improper packaging where not enough foam protection was placed to cover and immobilize fuse in box, furthermore, no bubble wrap used to protect fuselage, only a simple plastic bag where fuse was placed in and same was laying on its right side and in the box.
When box was first received, I could hear pieces moving inside it, and then I discovered the broken fuselage when I opened the box.

I have sent multiple emails to seller, explaining situation and sending him photos of damage/packaging, but he politely declined responsibility stating that he had “overdone” packaging!!!!

I am now facing a dilemma where I really want to have your opinion whether seller according to the above could be held responsible view damage was directly caused by improper packaging and not external damage to box for which I would surely haven’t claimed seller, view same was on my own risk.

Appreciate your advice in this respect.
Regards

Old 10-31-2007, 07:59 AM
Synthetic

I too think using our "REAL" names would help.
Thanks,
George W. Bush...
Old 10-31-2007, 08:02 AM
smokin-gun

you know , richard , names and emails can be trcked thru ip adress' to help clarify
Old 10-31-2007, 08:08 AM
smokin-gun

i just went thru this and by insuring for 100% value everyone got paid -even though the packaging was shaky at best [&o]the shipping company assumes the risk to a certain extent if they take the pakg as is and take the $ for ins for said item in box that is fragile .

100% ins is at least a start but the shipper has a responsibility to you as a buyer to do the right thing and help you receive a good product for your money .

got any pics of packg and damage ?
Old 10-31-2007, 08:31 AM
Synthetic

G.KERR JR.,
Let's see if this works.. Send me a Private Message using the "IP" address stating my name and email address. I would like to see if this really works.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:00 AM
JeffH
My Feedback: (43)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 757-241-7026 for Steve is current. I am not sure where that number rings, but he does answer it as of this past weekend.
Jeff
Old 10-31-2007, 09:09 AM
smokin-gun

are you missing the point of this thread or just being a pain because you are bored - if you get burned one day , i am sure you will be looking for all kinds of help and answers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.