Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Buggy engines in small fans

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Buggy engines in small fans

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2002, 05:37 AM
Jetset
My Feedback: (2)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Buggy engines in small fans

Just curious to which buggy engines anyone uses for smaller fans? Also what small fans are available anymore? I guess the Kyosho fan is about the smallest right now? What about Kress? Are they still selling?
Just curious cause I've seen Danny Starkey's planes that use an OS .21----can't remeber the model#--- and his planes seem to perform very well with modified Kress fans I think.
Myles
Old 03-02-2002, 02:13 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would get in touch with starkey. He is using a Kress rotor in his own shroud with a Novarossi engine. Also, talk to marcel lahaie. He also uses a similar setup.
If you get the kyosho fan, there is a big range of buggy engines that can be made to fit.
Kress is still in business. I would stay away from their fan units, but their rotor can be used. Notice that two of the most successful 21 jet guys, Danny and Marcel, don't use the Kress units. I built two of them, and they are not really useable.
Old 03-03-2002, 04:16 AM
Rahlberg13-delete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Almost any buggy engine with a large cooling head that's spec'd to run at least 30,000 RPM's should work fine. I think there's an OFNA .21 engine that's spec'd to run at 40K. I've got an MVVS .26 that screams with an Rk720 Rotor

I agree about Kress. They are still in business, and I'm surprised at that. I bought their RK-709 Fan unit, and 1.) it wasn't complete, 2.) it was very difficult to assembly and assembly correctly (perfectly round), and 3.) it was overpriced. I used this fan unit in the Kyosho T-33 (I swaped the electric fan for the Kress fan and a Webra .12 Speedy engine).

Danny is way ahead of the game when it comes to the .21 jets. Check out his site at http://www.dannystarkey.freeserve.co.uk/

Does anyone know where I can get in touch with Marcel (email, website)? Email me at [email protected]

What kind of plane are you running it in?