Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Is there a Comp ARF Mig 29 Build Thread??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Is there a Comp ARF Mig 29 Build Thread??

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 02:56 PM
Kmarks
My Feedback: (36)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a Comp ARF Mig 29 Build Thread??

Hello,

I am soon to be in the process of building 2 Comp ARF Mig 29's. I tried looking up a build thread and could not find one. The company has sold +/- 80 kits so I'm hoping there would be one.

If you have built one or building one now, I would appreciate using this thread to post building techniques, short cuts, and methods to improve short comings of the kit.

Your Advice is much appreciated.

Also has anyone received the new kit with updated hydraulics,, what is your thought on them and most important are they working??

Thanks in advance.

Kevin Marks
Old 11-06-2007, 05:47 PM
David Gladwin

Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts
Default RE: Is there a Comp ARF Mig 29 Build Thread??

Post your queries and I'll try to answer them. Others may care to join in. Mine has flown using the Omega hydraulic controller. It is set to fly again in a couple of weeks and if all goes well I will be installing the Hausl pump to speed up gear retraction time but retaining the rest of the Omega hyd. system.

The Mig 29 is a complex aircraft and its systems installation which takes the time BUT you will be rewarded with the best flying and most impressive jet I have ever seen, twice a world champion.

Take a look at Marc Froehn's machine on the new Traplet JWM video.

Regards, David Gladwin.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fc90388.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	798419  
Old 11-09-2007, 08:42 PM
Kmarks
My Feedback: (36)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello David,

I have an opportunity to buy a 3 1/2 year old Comp Arf Mig 29 that is built in primer with all the servos etc. installed. It has the original "NON WORKING" gear set up (is the reason the seller is cutting this one lose) with all servos installed and ready to go. The seller tells me there is probably a good 30 to 40 hours of going through the jet, and making sure everything is A OK.

I spoke to the local Comp ARF rep, and the cost for the Comp ARF gear update is $2500 USD. Do you or any one else have direct knowledge that This gear they are selling for $2500 actually works, and is reliable?? I am not an engineer, nor do I have A CNC machine at my home, so the product I buy needs to be working as delivered.

Here I am looking to spend $2500 and I am not even sure if this gear works,,, what a world we live in...LOL.

Thanks for any help on this one.

Kevin Marks
Old 11-10-2007, 01:16 AM
David Gladwin

Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts

I saw Thomas Singer and Marc Froehn flying their Migs in NI at the JWM and the new hyd. system worked flawlessly. There are 2 key items, the Hausl constant pressure hydraulic pump and the self locking rams . It all works very well, period.

You do not need the self locking legs , the most expensive items, as the controller, a Jet-tronics unit can control the locking valves as used in the Omega system (and on the full size 29) when the gear is both up and down and so you can use the original hyd. rams.

So, take a look at what you get if you buy this model and if you have any queries get back to me. I will do all I can to help.

That said, Andreas Geitz assures me, absolutely positiveley , that the original system works perfectly too, but it beat me and several other, almost all, Mig buyers, which is why Omega and Model Mechanics resorted to designing their own, working, systems. He assures me that you will receive all the help from him that you could possibly need (see this stated in the Mig hyd. article on the C-ARF web site. )

Its a brilliant flying model with some extremely clever design aspects incorporated, but its not for the faint hearted !
( or those short of patience )

Regards, David Gladwin.