Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Skymaster F14 Tomcat

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Skymaster F14 Tomcat

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 08:13 PM
pilot tw

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

yes, we had 4 F14 in Taiwan all used the i gyro for tailrons with the swept back,
Old 07-18-2015, 11:31 PM
Éric F14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, do you used the delta mixing inside the I Gyro
what is your set up, gyro value, only used in swept position
I have a powerbox royal SRS, it is the same as I gyro

Eric
Old 07-27-2015, 04:55 AM
WimB
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have NO lead in mine, and it comes out perfectly balanced... guess it's all in the equipment placing....... the heavy pilots da help as well....

Wim
Old 07-27-2015, 05:16 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by WimB
I have NO lead in mine, and it comes out perfectly balanced... guess it's all in the equipment placing....... the heavy pilots da help as well....

Wim
I agree, after adding everything to mine minus my Igyro(still need to add), little jet company detail kit, and no pilots I only had to add about 0.5 lbs to the nose. This was also with the aft pheonix missile rails that I have installed as well as the extra two pheonix missiles. Really happy about placement, my powerbox is just behind the nose cone so that helped a lot.
Old 07-27-2015, 05:21 AM
WimB

indeed........ batteries up front, powerbox as far forward as it goes, all valves mounted to the sides of the fuse(about under the front windshield), turbines as much forward as practical, and this bird should not need lead.......plan your installation well!!

Wim
Old 07-27-2015, 05:29 AM
FenderBean

Originally Posted by WimB
indeed........ batteries up front, powerbox as far forward as it goes, all valves mounted to the sides of the fuse(about under the front windshield), turbines as much forward as practical, and this bird should not need lead.......plan your installation well!!

Wim
Yeah mine is as follows, starting from the tip of nose: Robbe Battery Backer LCD, Two 5200 ions, Two LiFe 3200 9.9(ecu), Magnetic switch on the inside at the gun bump, Power system infront of the nose wheel bay------->all air valves about the nose wheel mount area, same area right side 11.1 volt lipo for wings, left side is the UP6 valve/servo------> Both UATs, Pumps, ECUs and my swingwing switch, two medium air tanks. The other air tanks are next to the main fuel tank back in the fuselage.
Wim how many flights do you have on yours now?
Old 07-27-2015, 05:34 AM
WimB

Keith,

Still only one... no time (new job + home improvement) is the main problem... I took the Tomcat along on my last trip to the Pampa-field, but an issue with the temp probe on the left engine, and the jet of a friend going down with the fire it caused (about 4 acres went up...) kept me grounded then....I'm eager to fly it, but i'm not taking chances....

Wim
Old 08-18-2015, 07:55 AM
muzzgail

Can anyone tell me the fix for the nose steering wobbles. My maiden take off looked like a shopping trolley gone crazy
Old 08-18-2015, 09:52 AM
dbsonic
My Feedback: (3)

How much toe in do you have on the mains?
Old 08-18-2015, 08:55 PM
muzzgail

Nil. This is not setable on this undercarriage type
Old 08-18-2015, 09:31 PM
FenderBean

Muzz I did what Barry did I added a second set screw to the arm.
Old 08-19-2015, 01:27 AM
muzzgail

Hi Keith, thanks for the reply. Is that a second set screw on the steering arm that connects to the steering servo horn? I noticed mine was loose and flogged internally.
Old 08-19-2015, 01:35 AM
muzzgail

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	743
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	2115404  
Old 08-19-2015, 08:46 AM
FenderBean

Yeah I like scale but this poor design for this application.
Old 08-19-2015, 01:47 PM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LiKai's remedy is to dampen the steering, from a compressed o ring. I have this dampener outfitted by LiKai, and because of this heavy load from the dampening, the downside is that the steering doesn't center well anymore, so upon take off roll, trying to stay on the centerline is a bit tricky.

I believe a 4mm steering rod to replace the stock 3mm should help.

Also, make sure you have plenty of slats and flaps and some up elevator upon take off roll to lower your speed upon rotation and to ease the load off the nose wheel.

Regards,
Barry
Old 08-24-2015, 07:14 AM
Misha Javornik

Originally Posted by kcmj
HI Wim
Thanks for your nice comment!
Would be nice if Sky Master paid me something for the 3D cad files and they can mass manufactured it as a kit in China for there customers. I think they owe it to them. This would keep the cost down and would be a 100 times better than the kit supplied cockpit. Or should I say optional extra.
The 3D files would be used to make an accurate mould and then they can be cast it out of resin in one hit by the hundreds. The one I am making is by 3D printing and CNC machining. Then there is the graphics for all gauges and panels which I am having to do by myself. The graphics then have to be scaled to the ready made dash. I will be using decal transfers as well along with fibre optic lighting and back lighting for the buttons and screens. This is a one off for me due to the hours involved to create it but I will make the 3D files available to people who have purchased this kit. The modellers code if you know what I mean. 3D printers are getting better now and coming down in price and very easy to use. I have always had a thing for the F14 so I jumped at the chance when I went over to see Murrays new toy.
Here are some more progress pics of the dash and ejection seat. The ejection seat is in its very basic form and has no detail added yet. I have rotated the last photo but it still uploads on the piss. Sorry!!

Regards
tina and been following
keith
Hi Keith, I live in Argentina and have been following this thread as I am in the process of finishing my f-14 and would like to sea if you could send me the 3d files that you have made for this bird , and thank you in advance, the work is superb. You ca send the files to [email protected]
Old 08-24-2015, 07:14 AM
Misha Javornik

Originally Posted by kcmj
HI Wim
Thanks for your nice comment!
Would be nice if Sky Master paid me something for the 3D cad files and they can mass manufactured it as a kit in China for there customers. I think they owe it to them. This would keep the cost down and would be a 100 times better than the kit supplied cockpit. Or should I say optional extra.
The 3D files would be used to make an accurate mould and then they can be cast it out of resin in one hit by the hundreds. The one I am making is by 3D printing and CNC machining. Then there is the graphics for all gauges and panels which I am having to do by myself. The graphics then have to be scaled to the ready made dash. I will be using decal transfers as well along with fibre optic lighting and back lighting for the buttons and screens. This is a one off for me due to the hours involved to create it but I will make the 3D files available to people who have purchased this kit. The modellers code if you know what I mean. 3D printers are getting better now and coming down in price and very easy to use. I have always had a thing for the F14 so I jumped at the chance when I went over to see Murrays new toy.
Here are some more progress pics of the dash and ejection seat. The ejection seat is in its very basic form and has no detail added yet. I have rotated the last photo but it still uploads on the piss. Sorry!!

Regards
tina and been following
keith
Hi Keith, I live in Argentina and have been following this thread as I am in the process of finishing my f-14 and would like to sea if you could send me the 3d files that you have made for this bird , and thank you in advance, the work is superb. You ca send the files to [email protected]
Old 08-24-2015, 05:30 PM
muzzgail

thanks Barry.
Old 09-13-2015, 08:57 PM
ARA-Jet
My Feedback: (8)

Hello All,
Can someone share the controls and rates for both wing positions?
Setting up mine now.. need some help with the setup. Thx
Old 10-29-2015, 07:39 AM
EDFJim
My Feedback: (2)

Just a heads up .. Starting my SM F-14 build ... Awesome design and construction so far.. The piano wire hinge on one of the rudders was a size to small and causes some slop that could be a possible flutter source. Might be good to check for anyone with this model.
Old 01-26-2016, 05:39 PM
EDFJim

Default flying F-14 pics

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u7poifj1r...86jfVE6Ka?dl=0

think this will post
Old 01-26-2016, 06:11 PM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Stunning!!!
Old 01-28-2016, 02:30 PM
current control

gentlemen, what are you using for work stands, transport stands, for this plane.
I have a pvc stand that I am not real happy with. with ordinance this plane doesn't leave much room for any type of stand.
thinking about going high end aluminum and using my guy who does boat tops. any ideas?
Old 01-28-2016, 04:22 PM
EDFJim

Heads up on control horn for stabs... Blue was with the kit aluminum is JR horn .. Got a report of the blue horns bending causing a loose stab ... Pics on Facebook
Old 01-28-2016, 04:22 PM
FenderBean

Jims super technical and extremely difficult center fuse stand is nice I was going to make on one like his but I have forward and aft rails on mine so I have to sit mine on foam.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.