Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

FLy Eagle Jet Models

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

FLy Eagle Jet Models

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 03:13 AM
asficas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FLy Eagle Jet Models

Hi,

I have a FEJ F16 1/8 with the scale retracts and the usual leakage problems..
Lookillok I am thinking about converting the UC to electric just like you did, can you post some picture from the mechanism you used?

I am planing on powering the plane with a JetCat P60SE mounted in the back of the fuselage, anyone flying this setup?

Regards,

Alkis
Old 01-30-2012, 03:19 AM
lookilook

Alkis, i have convert my gears to electric at www.downandlocked.com for 300usd.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N7_l3AIk3o
Old 01-30-2012, 04:08 AM
asficas

Thanks for the quick reply Lookilook,

I had seen the video you posted on youtube and I checked out their site, I am impressed! Seems to be the easiest solution to the whole air cylinder situation.

Cheers,

Alkis
Old 05-29-2012, 02:13 AM
lozza1965

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got an issue I need to take up with Flyeagle whos the best person to contact (email address) to get a result, many thanks in advance

lozza
Old 05-29-2012, 03:23 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Well in the states here Lowell and James will bend over backwards to make you happy. If you look on fly eagles website you can get the emails.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:31 AM
madmodelman

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Bet it's the F16!!!
Old 05-29-2012, 04:57 AM
lozza1965

ORIGINAL: madmodelman

Bet it's the F16!!!

LOL oh yes, was going great till rudder servo mounting let go at full speed resulting in major flutter and fin deskinning itself, still nursed her back to the deck, then put some clean pants on [X(]
Old 05-29-2012, 05:10 AM
FenderBean

is yours the new style or old style rudder mount? Did the pul/pull horn come loose on the shaft? The old style mount is super solid but I dont have any experience with the new.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:21 AM
lozza1965

Well can only await a reply now

lozza
Old 05-29-2012, 05:25 AM
lozza1965

ORIGINAL: FenderBean

is yours the new style or old style rudder mount? Did the pul/pull horn come loose on the shaft? The old style mount is super solid but I dont have any experience with the new.

Mines an old one, anyway what with all the bad press everywhere nowadays Flyeagle got back to me within an hour, have sorted this problem and all credit to them for a quick response, enough said.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:57 AM
FenderBean

Good deal, from my dealings with them the fast response has nothing to do with bad press they try to do what they can to help people with legit problems.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:06 PM
sortegon
My Feedback: (9)

I know this might be old news... But anyway Im posting it...
F16 1/8 scale landing gear... Aluminum color version....

Air leaks fixed as you all know with teflon tape under orings...

Front landing gear was giving me headache by no retracting completely. Problem was the rear bellcrank at wrong position. Fixing this... Dindt need anymore the spacer between landing gear and fuselage, not to drill another hole at the front bellcrank.

was amazing how perfectly it began to work after figuring this out.

So in few words... Rear bellcrank goes upside fuse when landing gear out, and goes DOWNside when retracted.

All this because wrong assembly at factory, but its a very nice design.

Hope this might help more than one....
Old 10-19-2012, 02:20 PM
john josey

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone built the new 'lightweight' version and if so, how much lighter is it ?
Old 10-19-2012, 07:42 PM
gjhinshaw
My Feedback: (303)

I had the New style F18 and it was about 8 pounds lighter!! Not ONEProblem!!!
Old 02-16-2014, 11:33 PM
Bondmiamifly

Originally Posted by AndyAndrews
The way I do it is this:

UAT: middle line (top of cap) goes to Pump, pick one side fitting doesn't matter which one (this is for filling and will need to have a removable plug), the other side fitting runs to a t which goes to the saddle tanks (the two equal size tanks). The lines going from the t to the two side tanks must be equal in length - moreover, each clunk in each side tank must be equal in length.

Next the overflow fittings on top of each side tank are t'ed to a t fitting which in turn go to the single clunk line on the middle or top tank (the single smaller one). This tank gets filled and the overflow from this tank goes outside the jet to the overflow fitting.

So as the pump runs, the middle tank will empy first being sucked by the two side tanks, then the side tanks empty, then the UAT.

You can test it without running the turbine by filling up the tanks with your fueler and watch the sequence of fill. When you fill, the UAT fills up first, then the side tanks fill up next then the middle tank fills up last, and the overflow goes outside the jet. When you suck the fuel out with the fueler, the middle tank empties first and the saddle tanks empty, then the UAT is the last to empty.

I'm not the best at describing things but this may help. I noticed the BVM shows one of the side tanks not having a clunk. I don't see how that would work with a three tank system.
Hello to all.
after a flame out on testing in the ground, and strange leaking on refuel, for incorrect BVM setup, i came up with the same solution and i have to agree to this system described in this quote that i am replying, to link correctly the fuel tanks. According to the teory of Archidemes "the Communicating Vessels" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communicating_vessels
i discovered that since the middle little tank is in top of the others, in other setting (BVM), would be the first one to full when refilling fuel and the FIRST ONE to empty not sucking much fuel from under tanks unless totally pressure proof! Be very aware!!! You might have fully loaded of fuel in the two lateral tanks but still have a flame out when the middle tank will empty because will be very stressfull to the middle tank to be refilled by two tanks since they are booth under the middle tank and sucking force become very veak since they are under.

In stead, just forget about the little middle tank, leave it at the end of the line as addittional fuel.
Use the two large lateral tanks in parallel refilling the UAT and after the middle tank feeding from the top the two lateral tanks in the main time they getting empty feeding from the top with additional fuel.
It works, no more flame out, additional flight time and no leaking on refuel since in the other way all the fuel will have to go true the middle tank, crate pressure and refill after being full and stressed, while in refiling the two lateral tanks.
A little leak and all the fuel inside the airframe and the flloor.
Again, line it up like this. Refuel the UAT go to two lateral tanks in parallel, leave in the end of the line the middle tank and the go out the airframe to taxi tank.
My F16 advanced flyeagle will never go flame out again for fuel setup error.
No more refuel leaking neither.
Unbeleivable this kit came with no instructions you need a lot of rc fly experience to keep it safe on air!
enjoy it
bondmiamifly in youtube see my flights

Last edited by Bondmiamifly; 02-17-2014 at 12:45 AM.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:41 AM
lozza1965

Interesting as I run saddle tanks to top tank then hooper tank to engine with no issues, all the above thoery would be correct I think if the model stayed flat and level but as your constantly banking tanks are taking it in turns on being the highest tank, also due to vacum effect top tank should stay full till saddles are nearly empty, just my thoughts on the matter.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:01 AM
Bondmiamifly

Interesting i also tough that the vacuum effect will win against the communicating vassels teory, only if middle tank is completely pressure prof.
if not, leaking will occur at ground refilling and also will not be feeded by under tanks correctly, better not to risk flame out, this way i fly less worry about fuel
thank you for reply.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:37 AM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Bondmiamifly
Hello to all.
after a flame out on testing in the ground, and strange leaking on refuel, for incorrect BVM setup, i came up with the same solution and i have to agree to this system described in this quote that i am replying, to link correctly the fuel tanks. According to the teory of Archidemes "the Communicating Vessels" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communicating_vessels
i discovered that since the middle little tank is in top of the others, in other setting (BVM), would be the first one to full when refilling fuel and the FIRST ONE to empty not sucking much fuel from under tanks unless totally pressure proof! Be very aware!!! You might have fully loaded of fuel in the two lateral tanks but still have a flame out when the middle tank will empty because will be very stressfull to the middle tank to be refilled by two tanks since they are booth under the middle tank and sucking force become very veak since they are under.

In stead, just forget about the little middle tank, leave it at the end of the line as addittional fuel.
Use the two large lateral tanks in parallel refilling the UAT and after the middle tank feeding from the top the two lateral tanks in the main time they getting empty feeding from the top with additional fuel.
It works, no more flame out, additional flight time and no leaking on refuel since in the other way all the fuel will have to go true the middle tank, crate pressure and refill after being full and stressed, while in refiling the two lateral tanks.
A little leak and all the fuel inside the airframe and the flloor.
Again, line it up like this. Refuel the UAT go to two lateral tanks in parallel, leave in the end of the line the middle tank and the go out the airframe to taxi tank.
My F16 advanced flyeagle will never go flame out again for fuel setup error.
No more refuel leaking neither.
Unbeleivable this kit came with no instructions you need a lot of rc fly experience to keep it safe on air!
enjoy it
bondmiamifly in youtube see my flights
The theory of communicating vessels applies when all the tanks have a direct venting to atmospheric pressure ( ie one vent per tank ).
In our fuel setups only the last tank has a drirect venting to atmospheric pressure, which makes the whole chain of tanks as one single tank being vented.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:09 AM
lozza1965

Both of my saddle tanks vent but via a 'T' connector to just a single pipe to atmosphere, so far they always drian equally as near damm it
Old 02-17-2014, 09:24 AM
Bondmiamifly

Originally Posted by olnico
The theory of communicating vessels applies when all the tanks have a direct venting to atmospheric pressure ( ie one vent per tank ).
In our fuel setups only the last tank has a drirect venting to atmospheric pressure, which makes the whole chain of tanks as one single tank being vented.

Yes is true, thank you for clarify, i totally agree, and this make my settings more correct i think.
We all want to use one single tank, much more easy. Where is the vent tube in one single tank? the most hight possible in the tank and not in the bottom. The manufacturer splited 1 tank in 3 for space and weight issues.

Good, now we all know that the middle (hope tank) must be totally pressure proof for common setting for me to think that i have one single tank in my jet, the last two lateral dont need to be pressure proof because with T connector hare booth venting to atmospheric pressure. Who knows, anyone is sure that those little two alluminum tubes and comune rubber and fuel corrosion in middle tank does not leak a thin ammount of air or fluids? I will not risk my plane on those little tubes.
In case of leak, chain will be interrupted or corrupted by air, and cutting out the chain partially or completely the two bigger tanks and become MAIN TANK! no way!!
Also why is called hope tank? Is the last fuel needed in case of long time flyght. It must be at end of chain.
I am not flying my jet with a small tank like that, taking responsability as main tank in case i loose the pressure proofing, i will flame out in 1.5 minutes of flight.

Ok having clarify that and assuming that all works fine, and now i am immaging one single tank, as you say and is correct. I also know after UAT there is a pump.
Where is the next access to atmosphere? The pump? The turbine? Somewhere it doesnt matter.

Now in construction, big building uses pump to bring wather in last hight floors. Other cities for lower buildings uses Water Towers to avoid pumps in every little building and still have pressured water in the showers and fossetts.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ki_Finland.jpg

If my tank is one unique tank, i want to use it as water tower other then using a pump decrising chance of air bubbles.
Where the acess of my tank to atmosphere is as hight is possible, my entire tank will have stronger pressure on flat position of course, that will help the pump to suck pure fluids no air bubbles no stress for the pump if acces to atmosftere of one single tank is under the pump level, no stress for middle hope tank to be or not to be pressure proof.
To do that, i want to leave in the end of my chain the hope tank i will gain a Water Tower effect, where fluids will simply flow down from high to low and then from T connector run into the UAT keeping it fully loaded allowing the pump will suck pure fuel.

For many different reasons.
1 is more natural a chain of thanks that start from low to high (wather tower).
2 fuel corrosion can consume the inside sinking tube and loose the weight filter inside the tank and in case of hope tank is too much the responsability of one tank to interrupt a chain of fuel if we have a opportunity to reduce to 50% the risk assiging responsability to two tanks in parallel with T connector and if you tube/sucker is lost in one, the other will still sucking fuel for the pump.
3 i am still not sure about the fact that hope tank will be 100% pressure proof. How much stress it goes thru every time all tank sistem is refiled or empyed? A lot of structure stress until one point will get weak and loose the pressure proof had when was new. The UAT is made for that strong flexible and pressure proof! Not the midle tank cannot resist to mush pressure and is not flexible every refill all fuel will pass trhu that before goes in the side tanks, a lot of fuel flow!
4 hope tank as sinking tube too short then less flexible inside and weight of succker fuel doenst allow to seat in the bottom of tank. In each position flat in the ground or up side down in flight, the tube becuse the short lengh and not succesfully flexible, relax at 20% angle aprox and not 30 to 45% angle as is should be.

I flew many rc helis 3 D before where sinking tube is under big stress and nitro is more coorosing then jetA and i learn very well authorotation loosing the engine in many occasion half time to my timer.
Authorotation doesnt apply in a 10 thousand dollars jet!

either settings are right i fly more secure assignin to two big tanks all the chances to go wrong!

happy and safe flight!
bondmiamifly

Last edited by Bondmiamifly; 02-17-2014 at 09:32 AM.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:27 PM
joeflyer
My Feedback: (48)

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Don't make this too complicated. Any Water Tower or gravity effect is over-ridden by the fuel pump. Attached is the recommended set-up. The only thing I do differently in my F-16 is that I have two vent tubes in my nose tank and run each saddle tank directly into it without using a tee. This lowers system restriction. Since I have plenty of fuel capacity I don't use a taxi tank.

Joe
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	paralleltanks.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	1969531  
Old 02-17-2014, 12:34 PM
lozza1965

Thats how mine is done Joe
Old 02-17-2014, 02:45 PM
Bondmiamifly

This is the way was also my setup until flameout.
like chrismass lights, one goes wrong all other go wrong. They are in series. How nice are christmass lights in parallel.never go off.
Now you have the two big tanks in parallel, they booth depends of good link with middle and small tank that is in series in stead and master to all.
So dangerouse, little tank goes wrong all system is out.
My way is you have two midle tanks in parallel that goes to the UAT, no matter what upend you always have more fuel available for the bigger size and being in parallel, one goes wrong the other still feeding, middle tank is extra fuel good to have it,but no necessary in many cases,
Any way thanks all, for those who are confused and willing to understand why the turbine go flame out. This is the reason in this particular setup and also the reason why is leaking at refueling after lot of use middle tank is not made for all that pressure and is NOT pressure proof forever, and is not even comparable to a UAT.
enjoy your flights!
The other way works too, thats how i starded fly succesfully until flame out occurred thank god in the ground! But just more dangerouse and is all depending of a small little tanks, (thats why we have expensive UAT that are made to take that responsability no "hope tank" (literally)
Bondmiamifly
Old 04-15-2014, 01:44 AM
vincezam

Hello,

Anyone knows the overall weight of the FEJ ViperS without fuel?
I have built the ViperS and the overall weight came up to be 16kg without fuel.
Is this normal for this size of model?
My impression is that it came up too heavy.

Regard
Vince
Old 04-15-2014, 11:06 AM
Damo260

Originally Posted by vincezam
Hello,

Anyone knows the overall weight of the FEJ ViperS without fuel?
I have built the ViperS and the overall weight came up to be 16kg without fuel.
Is this normal for this size of model?
My impression is that it came up too heavy.

Regard
Vince
Hi Vince

That's come out bit heavy it should have come out about 10 to 12Kg what have you got in it???

Damo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.