Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

FLy Eagle Jet Models

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

FLy Eagle Jet Models

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 03:06 PM
lookilook

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FLy Eagle Jet Models

hi mike, i did find in the market the size of the brass you told me and with minor adjustment rudder is installed..i also found a threaded rod that i fixed for the nose cone to be held in position .....thanks for help ,regards nicos
Old 03-18-2008, 05:09 PM
ledd4u
My Feedback: (23)

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I went ahead can remove for transport.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:09 PM
bigplumbs
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am still very impressed with FEJ And their ability to correct mistakes. I have to say however there seem to be me to be quite a few creeping in. It is good to have things at a cheap price but air fittings etc are basically no good if they leak. Many modelers are capable of pulling apart and modifying etc but many arnt so rearly the rams and valves need to work or there is little point in supplying them. Spending time fitting faulty or substandard items into a plane is quite anoying and would be better to pay a little more for better quality I say.

There customer service is excellent but it would surely be better if things were correct in the first place. Perhaps a little better Quality Control at the factory is in order.

I have to say however that I still feel their products and service are very good.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:31 PM
mikedenilin
My Feedback: (67)

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

I agree. I just had a belly up landing on my SABRE yesterday because of leaking L/G valves after I flew it for 15 minutes. Leaking L/G is always a problem. Good things that I have wing tanks.

After inspecting their factory last week, I feel that they still need to improve their quality control on their labor force. Their customer service is great, but we all rather have less problems in the first place. We are getting shippings of our club planes, but there are still a lot of shipping damages and missing parts. Luckily we will get them replaced or repaired in our club before they are heading out to the sea.

Mike
Old 03-18-2008, 06:12 PM
jetmodeller

Hi Mike have you seen the Orbit sequencer,it has a preasure valve so that if preasure is lost it lowers retracks regards Keith
Old 03-18-2008, 09:40 PM
rorrock

Just a quick heads up for everyone. FEJ have discontinued the Rafale after the mold was damaged. They are currenlty working on making a new prototype and will start selling them again when the new mold is ready.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:21 PM
Sign Guy

Is there a tutorial on RCU somewhere on installing the Robart style hinges. I've never done them before and don't want to ruin my control surfaces. I need pictures, diagrams, something to go by and learn.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:22 AM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Here is a general method.

http://www.robart.com/how_to/hinge_points.aspx

video: http://videoserver.rcuniverse.com/rc...torobarthp.wmv

Note: be sure to notch the surface
Old 03-19-2008, 12:54 AM
lookilook

hey keith is there a web for this sequenser to check it out??
Old 03-19-2008, 01:51 AM
bigplumbs
Banned

ORIGINAL: rorrock

Just a quick heads up for everyone. FEJ have discontinued the Rafale after the mold was damaged. They are currenlty working on making a new prototype and will start selling them again when the new mold is ready.

Oh heck Mine was surposed to be delivered in a couple of weeks wonder what will happen
Old 03-19-2008, 02:18 PM
jetmodeller

Hi ALL orbit web site is www.orbit-electronic.com see picture of unit fully progamable This box doe,s any sequence that you could wish for and has the added bonus of a preasure valve so that if the preasure drop,s below 40psi it open,s doors and drops L/G neat or what regards KeithW
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us55016.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	907797  
Old 03-19-2008, 02:41 PM
mark handley

Hi Guys
Just maidened my FEJ F16 Tiger today..not ideal conditions with stiff crosswind but put 3 flights in and had a blast!!
Its a great flying model.. mine has 14lb turbine in the tail and only tailerons for control plus rudder of course.For those worrying about thrust this combination is fine.. plenty fast enough for me anyway.
Loops ,rolls,reversals,cubans all with great authority...easily airborne in 50 yds with power against brakes.Not one click of trim needed!! cg is 160 empty with full UAT ...140 ready for takeoff
I use the FEJ valves with electronic sequencer for gear and doors...2x 2400 6v nicads through an Emcotech DPSI for radio on home made cradle in nose(got my kit b4 this was included)for cg....had some of the same problems as many of you with rams but once lubed up holds air for hours now....can only say good things about this model... landings nice and slow.Can't wait to fly again....English weather permitting!!!
Mark H
Old 03-19-2008, 03:08 PM
jetmodeller

Well done Mark nice to see that some one else has had success and with the turbine in tail good stuff,thats two in the air for the Brit,s regards Keith W
Old 03-19-2008, 03:12 PM
Jgwright

Keith

I just got the simple Y lead sequencer from Orbit. I only had time to hook it up and check it worked. This is so light and inexpensive it will suit many for these models. I see you went for the Rolls Royce version!

John
Old 03-19-2008, 04:04 PM
Grodus

Great Mark! Thanks for posting. I was notified 2 days ago that my f-16 had been shipped and I have a 14lb turbine and was concerned about the performance or buying a larger engine. Can you tell us the weight with a full UAT and how much weight was required for balance?

Thanks,
Cody
Old 03-19-2008, 04:16 PM
lookilook

sebastien i have a question for you or for anybody who is using an emcotec dpsi 5 or 6. i have been offered from a local shop to buy the mini rv 6 for 130 euro and i was reading its manual and my main questions are...a) since you can use 2 lipo bat( i have 7.4v 2300) it says that you have to solder them on the connector provided.now if i do it means that i will have to cut the red and black wires and solder them but i will loose my connector to the graupner balancer 5 plus i have.how am i going to charge the batteries?? b) it says that only flaps with one servo must be used for it to work and i am doing my f16 instead of ailerons to have them as flaps but there are 2 servos.do i join them with a Y lead and plug them as one in the dpsi?? c)i would appreciate it if you can write down which servo you put in which number of receiver or dpsi.

anybody mike ,keith ,sebastien did you use all the woodframes supplied or some are to be used if you put the engine at rear?
the wood that all the valves and the small tank are installed is it glued on top of the other frame at that position already existed from factory?

thanks for help
rgds nicos
Old 03-19-2008, 04:19 PM
suttonr

john
Can you get the orbit y lead sequencer from anyone in the uk if so where from or did you get it from the states / europe. as you say the box prosessor is a nice bit of kit but with a nice price too.

Rob
Old 03-19-2008, 04:49 PM
bigplumbs
Banned

Well I think I might be in luck. The guys at FEJ say my Rafalle will be delivered but just a few days later than expected....... Don't know what happened to the mould....... wonder if someone forgot the release agent !!!!!
Old 03-19-2008, 04:59 PM
Mr DJ

Recently talked to TBM—as you all may know, the F-16 that we have is basically a beta version—in two months or so, the next version will appear: scale tri-pod landing gear, drop tanks, scale cockpit, bla, bla, bla, with optional operational canopy. Intro price via TBM $1600 or so, then price goes up to $1800 or so. They already ordered 100 first go ‘round. Just thought you’d like to know. I’m kool with our version—can’t have the latest in everything.

I just so happen to live near FEJ's US office—it has its perks I suppose. I have photos of their F-18 (sweet--did I say sweet; sorry, I meant to say SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET) but I cannot and will not post them nor send them to you off-line. I promised I would not show them to anyone. Just know that it is awesome and will be worth the wait [sm=cry_smile.gif] My order is basically already placed [sm=tongue_smile.gif]

I suspect that will be my last turbine for a good number of years; well, at least ‘til I can save enough for YA’s F-14. Until then, FEJ’s Rafale, 16, and 18 along with YA’s F-15 and TBM’s ShokJet will have to suffice

Keith, lookin’ at your write-up on FEJ’s F-16 in Jet International. Haven’t read it yet, just viewing the photos—nice…

Mr DJ
Old 03-19-2008, 05:07 PM
jetmodeller

Hi Dj yep i got those photo,s as well[F18] but cannot post them. Hope you like the Review i am now starting the F15 review,nice model and looking forward to flying it regards Keith
Old 03-19-2008, 05:13 PM
i3dm
My Feedback: (51)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Mark Handley, which turbine did you mount in the tail and do you have pics of the mounting ?

ALso, did you just glue on the ailerons ?
Old 03-19-2008, 05:13 PM
Mr DJ

Kool Beans, Keith…

Look forward to seeing that one as well. Since I already have a quality F-15, I’ll just look at your photos but I will read your F-16 write-up for sure…

Mr DJ
Old 03-19-2008, 06:09 PM
mark handley

Hi Grodus and i3dm
Weight wise..haven't weighed it but will do so for you i suspect around 19lb...for balance i have two 2400 5 cell nicads in the nosecone on a framework and a 6 cell 2200 nicad for ECU just behind and needed no extra weight for balance.Hope that helps...

i3dm my turbine is a SPS54 which is basically the same as a wren MW54 i will post some pics for you but its mounted very simply on the supplied framework.. works very well and no need for the heavy tailpipe.For the ailerons i hysol'd them using carbon rod instead of the hinges again in an effort to simplify and save weight....i had seen many F16/15's fly on tailerons alone and was sure it would be ok and my flights up to now have shown this to be the case.

Mark
Old 03-19-2008, 09:39 PM
Sign Guy

Now I need some more help Those of you that have built or are building the F-16. Where is the centerline on the hinges. I got the holes drilled and the hinges lined up, but I can't get the surface to align with the T.E. of the wing unless I get like 1/3 of the travel that is called out for. HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!
Old 03-19-2008, 09:56 PM
USSCAT

Lookilook,

For the F-16 I used all the wood parts except for the rear engine mount and and the battery holder. I also epoxied the valve wood support in one position which is used for the geaar door. I am using a jetronic valve for the brake and a robart valve with speed control for the gear.

Regards,
Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.