Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

pst 1300r

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

pst 1300r

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 12:11 PM
c_makhija

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default pst 1300r

Hi Guys,

Have a bobcat powered by a pst 1300r, have had 122 flawless flights with this turbine and never had a missed start so far.
On my 123rd flight i had a flameout at full thrust. Was lucky to make it back to the r/w. I ran her on the ground at full thrust and after 10-12 seconds she consistently flamesout. The fuel lines are absolutely bubble free when checked on the ground. No white smoke after
the flameout. This is the first time i have seen a problem with the pst otherwise we in India have around 20 psts flying and all perform flawlessly. any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Chaitanya.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:48 PM
jsf125
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: pst 1300r

Hmm, well, if there is no smoke when the turbine "flames out", then maybe it isn't a flame out. What I mean is, maybe you are overtemping on the EGT and the ECU is shutting the engine down as per the "do not exceed temperature" which the ECU is set to. I would watch the EGT value as you run it at full power to see what you are running at. If the engine shuts down consistantly when a certain EGT is reached, then I think you might find the answer to your question.

Just a thought, Hope it helps,
Brandon
Old 11-27-2007, 09:04 PM
spaceman 01
My Feedback: (44)

Hi there, I have two of this pst 1300`s and they are very good. I think also is your EGT probe. they upgraded them , if you call Dean Wickman in Canada he will take care of you.

Nick.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:40 PM
GreenAcre
My Feedback: (13)

I would put this in the PST turbine clinic forum http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_164/tt.htm. Thats where I post and Kelly, from PST ALWAYS helps out!.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:59 AM
c_makhija

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys, capt kraivuth from pst contacted me and with his help i am sure to be back in the air soon. will keep you guys posted
about the problem. EGT at full thrust is around 725.

Chaitanya.