Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Can JetCat USA Not Read?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Can JetCat USA Not Read?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 06:20 PM
JSF-TC
My Feedback: (2)

Received 134 Likes on 78 Posts
Default Can JetCat USA Not Read?

I know JetCat USA is supposed to have an unblemished customer service history, but they are now 2 for 2 for me, and I'm not happy at all.

I have had a P80 from them for approx 5 years now; most of that time not being used. It has been back to JetCat USA twice, once for FOD, and the second time just recently to get checked after being in a box for 2 years prior to being fitted to a new model.

The first time it was sent back, on the letter I included, I provided the return shipping address. When the engine was shipped back to me, nothing showed up on the due delivery date. After checking with JetCat, they had shipped it to the address on file when I bought the engine, not to the address detailed in the service letter. As we had moved since I had purchased the engine, the engine was now sitting at my old address. Luckily I had not moved far and the old house was still vacant, and I retrieved the engine from outside the front door. I called JetCat and they updated my address on file.

Fast forward to December 2007. We had again moved since the previous service.

I returned my engine for a check, and mindful of the previous address error, I clearly stated in the enclosed service letter that my address had changed since the motor what previously back at JetCat and stated the precise return address. December 23rd, I get a call from UPS stating that I would receive a package on the 24th and that an adult would be required to sign for it. Nothing arrived, so I checked the QuantumView e-mail from the previous week notifying me that it had shipped, and low and behold they had again shipped the motor back to my previous address, completely ignoring the instructions in the letter.

Checking the UPS site today after returning from visiting family for Christmas, showed that it had been delivered on the 24th, and just left on the front porch with no signature.

Luckily again I didn't move far, so I have just gone and retrieved a water soaked box from the front of my old house. Photos attached showing the water damage and a suspicious hole in the box (original JetCat box). [:@][:@][:@]

After carefully opening the box, I found that the motor had not been properly located in the foam packing, and the tail-cone had punched the hole in the box, and damaged the edge of the engine tail-cone.

The first shipping error I can understand, but twice in a row is extremely poor. Also UPS sucks for not getting a signature for delivery.

As JetCat is now closed until Jan 2nd, the only thing I can do is vent here on RCU. They will be getting a phone call on the second.

A very p*@$$&d off JetCat customer.

Paul

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64743.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	834507   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66992.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	834508   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68581.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	834509  
Old 12-26-2007, 06:35 PM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: Can JetCat USA Not Read?

I wouldn't worry about the damage to the cone but I would worry about the cone being pushed into the turbine wheel.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:44 PM
ianober
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, maybe you should stop moving so much!!!

Seriously that does suck. Not what you would normally get from them at all. The second time I sent the engine back I would called them and updated my address over the phone just in case. I recently sent my ECU back for upgrade to version 6 and got it back within the same week.

Very sorry to hear about the bad times and I would be filing a complaint with UPS for possible damages and negligence if I were you.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:51 PM
GrayUK

Crap service
Old 12-26-2007, 06:51 PM
Billy
My Feedback: (15)

That's crazy that the motor " cookie cut" through the box like that. It must have been hit pretty hard for it to go through the preformed foam packing.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:57 PM
JSF-TC

Ian,

Yes, I've just filed a claim with UPS. They should call tomorrow to set up a visit to inspect the damage.

I know you're joking about moving. I've been in the US over 8 years now (originally from the UK), and I have moved 3 times since I arrived, not including temporary lodging. My next planned move, in a year or two will be from Fort Worth, Tx to Pax River, Md (with the F-35B Lightning II). Seriously though, what would have happened if I'd moved further than a few miles, like to Md. I couldn't have then gone and rescued the motor from the front of my old house. I guess JetCat would have had to declare a loss and replace it on their insurance.

Happy New Year.

Paul
Old 12-26-2007, 08:36 PM
sweetpea01
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always follow up a package being sent (when the value is over $500) with a nice phone call to the service dept. Alot of times someone may open your package and pay no attention to your letter. But if you were to call and they put the problem in the computer under you name and you verified the correct address.......all would be good, except that bent cone.

Can you blame a tech who gives the motor to a desk pusher that ships it out to the address they have in the computer that they most likely print out?

Not sure its bad service. But here is what you got........They screwed up twice by not shipping to the address in your letter, but the address in the computer.

You screwed up twice (once for sure after you knew they screwed up by using the computer and you sent paper again instead of calling) by not verifying the address in the computer they had.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:11 PM
Wayne22

Not sure its bad service.
Yes, it is bad service. When a customer suffers because of a gap in internal processes, it is bad customer service. It might be explainable, but it is still poor customer service....

Good luck with the UPS claim.. I already predict that they will exempt themselves from any liability due to the fine print on the waybill, and the fact that there is not 6" of packing material on all sides......BTDT.....
Old 12-26-2007, 11:05 PM
sweetpea01
My Feedback: (10)

Its not bad service if normal operating procedure is to use the computer to do shipping.

The engine was sent to the service dept....not the admin dept where computer changes would be made. Ever think that the tech dept doesn't have admin rights to change customer accounts?

Yes it would be nice if the message got relayed to that correct dept, but the responsiblity also lies on the consumer to ensure that they contact the correct dept for such changes.

Now if this was a 1 or 2 person operation I can see some complaining......but I'm sure there are numerous employees and depts.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:36 AM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: sweetpea01

Now if this was a 1 or 2 person operation I can see some complaining......but I'm sure there are numerous employees and depts.
Exactly how big do you think their operation is? I'm just curious before I give you the answer.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:24 AM
Eddie P
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I personally love the guys at Jet Cat and they've been very helpful to me and have been a pleasure to deal with. A+ experience with them on all accounts. I LOVE the fact that they are in business and doing well, I'll send my engine to them any day (hoping the same doesn't happen again of course). Their services to our community are well appreciated.

And

Not sure its bad service. But here is what you got........They screwed up twice by not shipping to the address in your letter, but the address in the computer.

You screwed up twice (once for sure after you knew they screwed up by using the computer and you sent paper again instead of calling) by not verifying the address in the computer they had.
Prey tell this is a joke? The customer screwed up by not double checking an internal company process that was handed to them on a silver platter, in writing? YGTBSM

With all due respect, who cares how many people work at a business? If they accept a check, money order or cash for services rendered, is that any different than conducting business anywhere else, for anyone else?

A rush to defend JC USA's character and past performance is well deserved - but why point the blame at the customer here? Let's cut to the chase - If it's not appreciated that stuff like this gets out, best to make sure it doesn't happen to begin with.

That said, I still have confidence in the service. I bet the issue will be looked at to improve internal processes like any other successful business would do.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:10 AM
KC36330

ORIGINAL: Wayne22

Good luck with the UPS claim.. I already predict that they will exempt themselves from any liability due to the fine print on the waybill, and the fact that there is not 6" of packing material on all sides......BTDT.....
in my business i ship allot of orders UPS and I've never had a problem with any claim for damage. with this shipment having a signature required unless the recipient has a signature release waiver on file with UPS then they (UPS) are responsible for the full insured amount on the shipment for dropping it off without a signature and should be thankful that they aren't being claimed against for the full cost of the turbine and that cost passed on to the driver who left it without obtaining the signature. that's what an adult signature delivery is intended for and the shipper (JetCat USA in this case) paid extra for that service option.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:37 AM
grbaker
My Feedback: (29)

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

A good friend of mine had exactly the same thing happen to him with a Jetcat P80 (actually it was a Jetcat Hammer). The only difference is that he did follow up with a phone call (actually more than 1) and the turbine was still shipped to his old address, about 10 miles away.

There were some other service related issues with this particular turbine that were never resolved satisfactorily. At the time this happened to my friend, I had never owned anything but Jetcats (4-P120s and 1-P160 that was replaced with a Titan). After seeing the raw deal he got, I don't know that I would ever purchase another Jetcat, myself. JMHO
Old 12-27-2007, 09:23 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Yep, the next time I'm in a lawsuit I'll call.................... instead of having my proof in writing!!!!!!!
Old 12-27-2007, 09:49 AM
bernardb

ORIGINAL: seanreit

Exactly how big do you think their operation is? I'm just curious before I give you the answer.
Let me take a guess Sean....3?

Bernard
Old 12-27-2007, 11:54 AM
PHIL NUZA
My Feedback: (19)

When I moved I called to make sure my customer info was updated so this would not happen. When you send it in the box it can get missed. JMHO
Old 12-27-2007, 01:14 PM
ianober

ORIGINAL: JSF-TC

Ian,

Yes, I've just filed a claim with UPS. They should call tomorrow to set up a visit to inspect the damage.

I know you're joking about moving. I've been in the US over 8 years now (originally from the UK), and I have moved 3 times since I arrived, not including temporary lodging. My next planned move, in a year or two will be from Fort Worth, Tx to Pax River, Md (with the F-35B Lightning II). Seriously though, what would have happened if I'd moved further than a few miles, like to Md. I couldn't have then gone and rescued the motor from the front of my old house. I guess JetCat would have had to declare a loss and replace it on their insurance.

Happy New Year.

Paul

Yeah, I know what you mean Paul. Well I am glad you were able to get your motor and I hope UPS doesn't screw you out of damages you are entitled to. I think you should be fine considering that the package was left without a signature!!! Clear violation right there.

Like I had said earlier in this thread I sent my ECU back to them and when the software was upgraded they called me on my cell phone for payment at which time I verified my address. Did they ever call you Paul to get payment info and at that time did they ask for your address?
Old 12-27-2007, 03:30 PM
JSF-TC

Yeah,

They called for the credit card verification number and I think (not 100% sure) that I asked if they had the updated return address. I know I didn't get them to spell it out to me, however they managed to read the rest of the letter I included, so why not that part and then update their records.

Paul
Old 12-27-2007, 03:43 PM
johnnyjet
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: PHIL NUZA

When I moved I called to make sure my customer info was updated so this would not happen. When you send it in the box it can get missed. JMHO
This is the correct procedure.
Johnny
Old 12-27-2007, 04:55 PM
Bob_Wilcox
My Feedback: (1)

Hi Paul:

I got a message from UPS today that your engine was damaged. I called you as soon as I picked up the message and left you a message on your voice mail. I am very sorry this happened AGAIN.... We will be happy to replace the tail cone and shipping box for you. I presume UPS will return the engine quickly so I can rectify this and get it returned to the correct address ASAP. I know you are very angry this has happened twice but I will do my best to make it up to you!

I am also very unhappy with UPS leaving the package without a signature....

I guess you move as often as we do :-)
Old 12-27-2007, 05:25 PM
ianober

You're the man Bob, very stand up of you to address the situation in the "wolf's den", kudos!!
Old 12-27-2007, 05:54 PM
highhorse

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts

Its not bad service if normal operating procedure is to use the computer to do shipping.

The engine was sent to the service dept....not the admin dept where computer changes would be made. Ever think that the tech dept doesn't have admin rights to change customer accounts?

Yes it would be nice if the message got relayed to that correct dept, but the responsiblity also lies on the consumer to ensure that they contact the correct dept for such changes.

oh my god, you must be kidding, right??
Old 12-27-2007, 06:14 PM
Synthetic
My Feedback: (18)

Good job Bob!

It's a good day when the owner of a business admits there's been a mistake made and will correct it and apologizes.

To me Jet Cat just took a giant leap forward from a mistake.

Don
Old 12-27-2007, 06:48 PM
JSF-TC

Hi Bob,

You have a PM.

Thank you very much for your apologies. You have restored my faith in JetCat USA's reputation. You can't make any better offer than what you've made.

Please call me and we can make arrangements.

Kind Regards

Paul
Old 12-27-2007, 08:01 PM
Bob.R

I had a similar situation about 18 months ago. My wife signed for a P70 that UPS had damaged (bent tail cone with cookie cutter hole punched in the box). Bob checked out the motor, replaced the tail cone, and did not charge me a nickel.