Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

T1 sport jet CG

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

T1 sport jet CG

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 04:33 AM
Rctofly
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T1 sport jet CG

What is the CG for T1 sport jet ? Where can I find the manual. I was told by Dirk from pacific RC it was 230mm from the leading edge of the wing.
Old 06-09-2019, 07:06 AM
rfbenn

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Balance it on the wing tube 260mm it will fly fine.
Rob
Old 06-09-2019, 07:10 AM
Wclays
My Feedback: (85)

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...ts-jet-14.html

The T1 thread has lots of info.
Old 06-09-2019, 08:36 AM
rfbenn

This one will help too
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...=T-one+fortune
Old 06-09-2019, 05:29 PM
Rick75
My Feedback: (3)

I second the center of the wing tube! 👍🏻
Old 06-09-2019, 08:58 PM
Rctofly
My Feedback: (18)

Thanks for the info.
my T1 right around 230mm. When I turn it the plane it tends to clime up and it feels very to turn at high speed.
any link to the instructions manual?
Old 06-10-2019, 12:40 AM
cactusflyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

CG on center of the wing tube and use 3/8” crow on ailerons with full flaps for landing and you are set!!!

Tailwinds,

John
Old 06-10-2019, 07:35 AM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

I have mine set at 240 mm. I roll it inverted and it flies straight as an arrow. Any further forward and it is hard to keep the nose up after the mains touch down.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:29 AM
LewisE1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cactusflyer
CG on center of the wing tube and use 3/8” crow on ailerons with full flaps for landing and you are set!!!

Tailwinds,

John
hi john, I have used crow on a couple of models like my flash to add some drag, haven’t found the t one a problem to slow down, so any info on the crow would be good
Old 07-02-2020, 09:06 AM
ledd4u
My Feedback: (23)

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I am getting ready to maiden mine but I have no data on what throws to set ailerons, flaps, elevator etc. any tips welcomed.
Old 07-02-2020, 09:16 AM
rfbenn

Originally Posted by ledd4u
I am getting ready to maiden mine but I have no data on what throws to set ailerons, flaps, elevator etc. any tips welcomed.
These are mine T-One throws

Flaps 40mm & 97mm

Ailerons 30mm up 20mm down

Elevators 33 up 28 down

Rudder 60 mm

These are the factory recommended throws

Factory

Flaps 40 & 80

Aileron 15 low 25 high

Elevator 25 low 40 high

Rudder 20 low 30 high

Enjoy the first flights, the T1 doesn't have any nasty habits that I've found

Old 07-02-2020, 10:53 AM
ledd4u

I guess no differential on factory? Just low and high rates? Am I understanding that correctly?
Old 07-02-2020, 01:01 PM
rfbenn

Originally Posted by ledd4u
I guess no differential on factory? Just low and high rates? Am I understanding that correctly?
I used i3dm’s throws from his T one build thread here on RCU and have found them fine for me , the factory settings would work too I’m sure. As you say no differential on the factory setting but works fine on my T one

New Sport Jet: T-One Models Fortune
Old 07-02-2020, 07:03 PM
ledd4u

Got the T-1 balanced at the center of the wing tube. I am assuming the measurements are from the wing leading edge not from the fuselage root. Cortex Pro in and programmed on a 3 position switch. 0,35,50. Maiden in a few weeks. Thanks to all for questions asked.
Old 07-05-2020, 07:28 PM
bodywerks

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by LewisE1

hi john, I have used crow on a couple of models like my flash to add some drag, haven’t found the t one a problem to slow down, so any info on the crow would be good
I don't use crow to help slow down, whatsoever. In fact, landing speeds might be a little higher. the NUMBER ONE reason to use crow is to help avoid a tip stall!!! I have tested all of my jets with and without crow up high in the air. In every case, the stall warning was MUCH more evident with crow than without. Some jets don't need it, like my rebels, but I use it anyway. IMO, from landing observations on the T-1, in the hands of average pilots, it NEEDS crow. It doesn't do the wibblewobble before it drops a wing, it just drops a wing, almost without warning.
Old 07-06-2020, 03:26 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by bodywerks
I don't use crow to help slow down, whatsoever. In fact, landing speeds might be a little higher. the NUMBER ONE reason to use crow is to help avoid a tip stall!!! I have tested all of my jets with and without crow up high in the air. In every case, the stall warning was MUCH more evident with crow than without. Some jets don't need it, like my rebels, but I use it anyway. IMO, from landing observations on the T-1, in the hands of average pilots, it NEEDS crow. It doesn't do the wibblewobble before it drops a wing, it just drops a wing, almost without warning.
Crow is not needed on the T-1, and since you don’t own one, not sure why you know it’s worst then the rebel you rave about......are all your Planes from CARF?
The following users liked this post:
arod (04-25-2023)
Old 07-06-2020, 03:53 AM
bodywerks

Originally Posted by Dansy
Crow is not needed on the T-1, and since you don’t own one, not sure why you know it’s worst then the rebel you rave about......are all your Planes from CARF?
I saw a T-1 and a T-3 drop a wing 'unexpectedly' on landing at the same event. Neither had crow. I say 'unexpectedly', because it surprised both pilots. That's not to say it wasn't pilot error or they weren't coming in too slow. I felt they were coming in too slow, but the way it dropped the wing almost without warning, was surprising to me as well. Try adding about 5mm of crow and do stall tests up high with landing flaps. The crow setting will yield a flatter, more predictable stall. It has in my observation on any sport jet I've flown or help set up. Not just CARF jets.
Old 07-06-2020, 04:00 AM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

You do not need crow on a T-1. Never seen mine ever drop a wing either. I have just about 21 hrs on mine. I started out with the factory recommended CG. Then I modified it to fit my style. I still like it a little bit nose heavy. Even on asphalt, once the mains touch on a landing, the nose comes right down and stays down. The T-1 is much more enjoyable to fly than my Ultra Flash, which has snapped 9 times on me in 19 hrs of flight.
Old 07-06-2020, 04:13 AM
cbk07
My Feedback: (64)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Setup, throws, Weight, CG, pilot skill, speed, etc all affect tip stall characteristics regardless of airframe design in my opinion. I did a full flap low and slow pass with my T-1 yesterday and a couple of guys mentioned they were surprised I got away with it. I felt I could have safely gone slower. I have also had a gear up landing in grass with it and slowed it to a crawl. My wings definitely gave me a "wobble" warning just before retracting flaps and touching down but never dropped a wing. I have also flown an Ultra Flash Evo and so far have been amazed at how light it feels and how much I can slow it down. To each his own! I do think that the T-1 flies like a pattern plane and has an amazing flight envelope. I can make it snap at will, and not snap if I don't want it to. In my opinion, lines of the T-1 blow away the looks of the Rebel. A really hard plane to beat for the price.....like I said, to each his own. I have batteries in nose and started with about 10 oz. of weight up there too. I have since removed all of the weight and am at about 260mm. Have fun and fly what you like!!!

Last edited by cbk07; 07-06-2020 at 06:17 AM.
Old 07-06-2020, 04:14 AM
bodywerks

You must be retired to have enough free time to get over 2,000 flights on just two planes!
I just maidened my UF. Did stall tests on first flight. Couldn't get it to stall! Admittedly, I was in a bit of a hurry, as I thought the little 3.5L tank would only be good for 5-6 minutes of flight. Landed with 2/3s left after 5:30. I remember you complaining about your UF. Surprised you still own it. I wonder of you have a lateral balance issue on it, or it's just heavy? Mine came out 21.5lbs with a full UAT.
Old 07-06-2020, 04:18 AM
bodywerks

Originally Posted by cbk07
Setup, throws, Weight, CG, pilot skill, speed, etc all affect tip stall characteristics regardless of airframe design in my opinion. I did a full flap low and slow pass with my T-1 yesterday and a couple of guys mentioned they were surprised I got away with it. I felt I could have safely gone slower. I have also had a gear up landing in grass with it and slowed it to a crawl. My wings definitely gave me a "wobble" warning just before retracting flaps and touching down but never dropped a wing. I have also flown an Ultra Flash Evo and so far have been amazed at how light it feels and how much I can slow it down. To each his own! I do think that the T-1 flies like a pattern plane and has an amazing flight envelope. I can make it snap at will, and not snap if I don't want it to. In my opinion, lines of the T-1 blow away the looks of the Rebel. A really hard plane to beat for the price.....like I said, to each his own. Have fun and fly what you like!!!
Agree 1000% on the first sentence and on how stable yet nimble the UF EVO is, especially if kept light.
I, too like the looks of the T-1, not because I think it looks better than a Rebel, just different.
Old 07-06-2020, 06:14 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

agree 1000% on the first sentence and on how stable yet nimble the uf evo is, especially if kept light.
I, too like the looks of the t-1, not because i think it looks better than a rebel, just different.
😏 🙄

Last edited by Dansy; 07-06-2020 at 06:29 AM.
Old 07-06-2020, 07:02 AM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

I saw a T-1 and a T-3 drop a wing 'unexpectedly' on landing at the same event. Neither had crow. I say 'unexpectedly', because it surprised both pilots. That's not to say it wasn't pilot error or they weren't coming in too slow. I felt they were coming in too slow, but the way it dropped the wing almost without warning, was surprising to me as well. Try adding about 5mm of crow and do stall tests up high with landing flaps. The crow setting will yield a flatter, more predictable stall. It has in my observation on any sport jet I've flown or help set up. Not just CARF jets.
Soo you saw them do it at one event? And you flood the T1 threads with this info like this is a known issue? Myself and others that own and fly the planes say we haven’t had this issue. Every post is a comparison with your Rebels, which correct me if I’m wrong you’ve only even flown 1 out of the 3 right? We get it man, you like the Rebels and think they are the best thing out there. You like greater than 1:1 power on takeoff, and weight is apparently extremely important to you. I appreciate your experience and willingness to share but if I want to know about the Rebels I go to the Rebel threads. Which I do! But I don’t like the way the Rebels look, so I didn’t buy one, I bought a T1 which is why I’m here on this thread.
Old 07-06-2020, 07:30 AM
bodywerks

Originally Posted by camss69
Soo you saw them do it at one event? And you flood the T1 threads with this info like this is a known issue? Myself and others that own and fly the planes say we haven’t had this issue. Every post is a comparison with your Rebels, which correct me if I’m wrong you’ve only even flown 1 out of the 3 right? We get it man, you like the Rebels and think they are the best thing out there. You like greater than 1:1 power on takeoff, and weight is apparently extremely important to you. I appreciate your experience and willingness to share but if I want to know about the Rebels I go to the Rebel threads. Which I do! But I don’t like the way the Rebels look, so I didn’t buy one, I bought a T1 which is why I’m here on this thread.
Two different pilots, too, but, Roger that. Enjoy your jet.

Last edited by bodywerks; 07-06-2020 at 08:00 AM.
Old 07-07-2020, 10:26 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

If the T1 or T3 is dropping wings the CG is a bit aft.

I fly my CG forward of most of these other guys since I stick new to jet pilots on it from time to time to get people into jet flying. I have flown it with the CG further back on the mini T1 , T1 and the T3 but its not really my style. I have no problem holding a little extra rudder on knife edge and that's about all I notice other then the snappy when slow goes away. When I talk to guys sometimes even newer pilots its like a competition to see who can have the CG the most aft... Allot of the time they are newer guys that are not doing advanced maneuvers anyway like snaps spins and such. Guess I'm different I don't like tail heavy aircraft. I don't remember where I have the CG but its forward of the center of the wing tube for sure. When you move that CG back you narrow the flight envelope in return for more maneuverability and most of the people are not needing that little bit of extra maneuverability anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.