Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

decided on a bvm mig 15

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

decided on a bvm mig 15

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 09:04 PM
t_burley
My Feedback: (59)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: decided on a bvm mig 15

ORIGINAL: timothy thompson
Before you all gang togethr comments remeber there is a no flaming policy on rcu. Im just trying to be nice. too many egos for me

well good luck with that. one of your biggest assets here Tim, is in what you posted above.
you are good at stirring the pot, talking as you do. calling these jet guys egotistical, and such
in your other threads when you are wanting help from them, and then bash them as well.

then, after you stir the pot, you remind them to be nice. kind of hypocrytical I think on your
part.

I know in that past I have talked to you in PM's to keep things in check, dont talk big, dont talk trash
and throw things in people's faces here, and then run to a moderator when someone yells
back at you. I guess it still hasnt set in.

reminds me of the glass house deal and throwing stones

hope the best for you, in whatever you decide. remember, it doesnt matter where you fly, if
you need help from these jet guys, just be cool about it. there are alot of guys that you have
chastised here that are some of the BEST guys around. dont be a jerk to them and you'll
really understand how helpfull these guys really are
Old 01-20-2008, 09:10 PM
uncljoe
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm wrong BVM suggests a 16 to 27 pounds of thrust not 20 to 24 pounds of thrust.
semper fi
joe
Old 01-20-2008, 09:24 PM
smokin-gun
My Feedback: (18)

i wonder if gepeto knows that pinochio is on the internet????????????[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 01-20-2008, 10:46 PM
timothy thompson
My Feedback: (1)

Mr kerr what is your problem with this. why is it such a big deal with you guys that i can fly a turbine. Now starting thats different i have to learn all that. but the jetcatp-60 flys it nice. I admitted the 100 was a bit much so why can we be civil?. I look at this the following way. I know you have alot of time and money in jets and no doubt could outfly me. But isnt is POSIBLE for someone who had the turbine started for them to do what i said? the 60 is slow and i could handle the speed. it looks like at least 2 weeks of bench time to get to learn the procedures.

now im being nice can you
Old 01-21-2008, 09:00 AM
DavidR

So how many jet guys there at Fort Polk? What were their names? Being from this neck of the woods, and flying with a bunch of guys from Louisiana some of us probably know them. The P-60 would probably fly the MIG fine but I would be a little concerned about marginal power at Takeoff. I flew one a couple of years ago with a P-70 in it and that was a nice combination.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:10 AM
Patrick Frost
Banned
My Feedback: (88)

I had a MiG 15 with a P-80 and it had three kevlar fuel cells and took ALOT of runway to get airborne. I think it had around 9 minutes of flight time with three tanks and it was extremely FAT on takeoff. David Ribbe told me to remove the saddle tank as it wasnt needed and it became a much more responsive aircraft on takeoff after that. If you can get a handle on the landing "bounce" then you have mastered the aircraft. Tommy Dodgen and David Ribbe always made that MiG look so beautiful.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:51 PM
smokin-gun

i am sure timmy did a fine job flying that mig w/a p-60 -and by the way with flaps dwn and brakes out it takes pretty much full power on a p-60 to keep it flying , but tim did it on a 1/3 pwr his first time.
now if he could only remember the nice guys name who let him fly his $8-9000.00 jet

please tim , prove me wrong !!!!!!!
Old 01-21-2008, 05:43 PM
timothy thompson

he is an active duty opfor soldier in the 1/509th b co. i cannot divulge names for security reasons, reread my post i said she landed at 1/3 power and i flew the flight at full except the downwind, base and final. polk has a training area known as the box there is a DZ zone there. that is where we flew the mig. funny thing the land is full of wild horses and nothing spooks them. we took off from the clay as the DZ cannot be hard or the geronimos would break their legs on landing.
Only a couple guys have jets there they operate uavs during training and live fire exercises. there are 4 airfields on post big ebough for 130 and c-17 operations. The also fly a captured russian hind and an antanov colt.

you can do a youtube search of ft polk opfor and get an aerial tour via a ch 47. Therer are two small towns deridder and leesville close to the base.

if you want to see operational paratroopers go to benning and see the 3 floor infantry museum. lots of tanks and aa guns from allied and axis powers outside. dont miss infantry hall and the c-47 and c-117 outside they can be seen in the film the green berets. The sets are still there and its really cool to walk the same ground as john wayne
Old 01-21-2008, 05:45 PM
timothy thompson

im looking at the p-70 for more thrust i can always throttle back! mr kerr did i answer all your questions ?look at my original post i said it landed at 1/3 . thats the throttle setting as the roll out began and i powered back and applied brakes. PLease if you are going to debate me read my posts correctly. Why does it bother you so much? airplanes all fly the same once the turbine was started it flew like any other high wing loaded ship. the 60 was fast enough for me and this hobby is all about having fun isnt it?
Old 01-21-2008, 06:47 PM
DavidR

Can't devulge names for security reasons???? I'm throwin' up the BS flag on this one!

Tim you seem to be trying your best to rub how great a pilot you are in a lot of very experienced jet modellers faces. I don't believe that there was a BVM Mig flying on a P-60 at Fort Polk.....maybe you dreamed it??
Old 01-21-2008, 06:51 PM
timothy thompson

oh well are you god are you in the mil do you know what opfor is. im looking forward to the arrival of my kit!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-21-2008, 08:41 PM
smokin-gun

david, it is obvious timmy needs alot of help--- i mean with his new mig kit.
your a rep aren't you?
i will give timmy your # and he can call you everyday and tell you about the dream he had the night before.

[sm=bananahead.gif] jr.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:24 PM
timothy thompson

ill be fine thanks built many large aircraft using high torque servoos, matchboxes, 6v systems. the turbine is the only area. what sucks is I now have to wait 2 more weeks to place the order. Wife is getting major dental work and the insurance covers half so the 2000 i had is at the dentist. hOW DOES THIS KIT ARRIVE. IS IT WELL PACKED. I ASSUME IT IS AS BVM HAS A SOLID REP! THEN LANDING Gear AND THE TAIL PIPE FINALLY THE TURBINE. I WILL GO JETCAT 70 PRICE IS NOT MUCH HIGHER. tHE ONE i FLEW REQUIRED HALF FLAP ON TO
Old 01-21-2008, 10:08 PM
uncljoe
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

David
"Loose lips sink ships " .... it's good to see you still monitor RCU.
T.T
Looking forward to your building thread. We here on RCU know that giving out names would be a breach of Nat'l security but how about a first name and the last initial .
Semper Fi
Joe
Old 01-21-2008, 11:09 PM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

timothy, here is some inspiration. this is my mig. coming up on its second birthday. p70 powered. barry
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax73075.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	857679  
Old 01-21-2008, 11:28 PM
G4guy
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know I went to the local music store today a bought a new Fender guitar. I should be able to play well enough to be in a band by tomorrow, I have heard alot of music over the years.

Old 01-22-2008, 03:07 AM
bigplumbs
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still wish someone would make a Mig 15 in ARFT version for a 14 lb turbine......... Still I will keep waiting

Dennis
Old 01-22-2008, 06:50 AM
DavidR

Opfor, Opfiv, who cares you dropped all that BS...... I just want to know who would be crazy enough to let some unknown pilot fly his 8-10K airplane without knowing him.....but I guess you must have been wearing a secret decoder ring and he spotted that and knew national security was not being breached. BTW if you are going to lie about flying the Mig you should at least get your story right.....you just made a dead lie about the flap settings on landing. BUt being the expert pilot you are flaps settings, really don't matter, its just the turbine that's different......and you proved us all wrong on that! Show us all how it's done....you da man!

Old 01-22-2008, 07:25 AM
Jet Lag
My Feedback: (26)

Timmy,Timmy,Timmy.I look forward to your posts every day.They are very amusing and always start my day off with a chuckle.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:32 PM
grbaker
My Feedback: (29)

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

I gotta start bringin microwave popcorn to work!
Old 01-22-2008, 12:42 PM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

If we ignore him, he will go away.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:54 PM
Jet Lag
My Feedback: (26)

Bob,we tried that with you
Old 01-22-2008, 12:55 PM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

I guess that does not work then!!
Old 01-22-2008, 02:15 PM
timothy thompson

here is some news. bvm is redesigning the wing and stab so that top gun competors will not get deducted points for having composite structure. I called and was put on a list . it will be 2 months before the kit is ready so its save time. They reccomend the jetcat p-70. Very nice people to work with especially the front office and dustin. OPFOR= opossing forces JRTC joint readiness training center its sometimes called jrotc.
The soldiers there train marine and army regiments who are going overseas. the object is to make their worst day they see in a combat situation here in la not in iraq. My son in law is opfor he role plays the terrorist group who attacks the trainees. they use thratrical blood and actual amputees to simulate real life conditions.
they pay local town people to play iraq civilians the town is made of corrigated metal and includes a mousque. all signs are in arabic. The have anti use slogans and its interesting. So you know why i am not giving out any names as some of these opfor guys get sent overseas on missions. Everyone just chill, the folks at bvm read this and dont see why everyone is so upset, they said what i did was possible
Old 01-22-2008, 02:41 PM
F106A
My Feedback: (2)

I didn't know that the BVM Mig had a compsite wing and stab. I just checked BVM's website and sure enough it sheeted with wood.
Maybe he has a special Top Gun edition that we know nothing about.
I'll stay tuned, it's a nice break from my F-16.
BRG,
Jon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.