Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jet servo's?

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jet servo's?

Old 01-29-2008, 05:12 PM
Doctor J.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jet servo's?

I have used Hitec/Multiplex servos for several years. I have used them on my 1/5 scale cars that put loads and demands on servos that aircraft would never put on them. In the past Hitec digital servos did have some problems, just like JR, Futaba, and everyone else. Since they merged with Multiplex several years ago they have put their resources together with that of Multiplex and have introduced a new generation of digital servo that is as good or better than that of anyone else. JR, Futaba, Hitec, Multiplex, Voltz, and others all make great products. It is simply a matter of choice. Those that would flame also have their oppinions on everything else there is to do with this hobby. Airframes, Radios, Paints, Hardware, Retracts, you name it. For me the 5955 TG is my servo of choice. The one thing that Hitec/Multiplex stands heads above of everyone else on is customer service. I have dealt with Mike Mayberry and the guys from Hitec both on a business level and a personal level for many years. They have always been honest and up front with me about there products and have always given me great customer service. The latest being, I sent my servo programmer in for a software update. It was old enough that they could not do any new updates. They shipped me the latest unit to replace my old one. They have always stood behind there product no matter what level they are. sport, high end digital, or robotic. If you have questions on there products, look at there web site or call customer service/product support. They will tell you which of there products to use.

John Ligons
AMT USA, LLC.
Hitec/Multiplex
Team Orion
CAI
Old 01-29-2008, 05:36 PM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bob Toilet

Wonder why,,,,

Me too, any ideas? Or is that all you have to offer?
Old 01-29-2008, 05:44 PM
Bob Toilet

ORIGINAL: seanreit

Wonder why,,,,

Me too, any ideas? Or is that all you have to offer?
If you are right about Hitec, maybe they are right about you,,,,,
Old 01-29-2008, 06:04 PM
KC36330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are right about Hitec, maybe they are right about you,,,,,
Sean, i believe he just called you an idiot for the second time in a single thread [X(]

If you've read some of his previous posts, it seams to be about the only thing he can contribute.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:58 PM
seanreit

Nothing I can do about it, so decided to let it go, hope you'll forgive me, they guy is in some far away land taking cheap shots. But ya, I only asked to make sure. Been a while since I've been called an idiot, and wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:02 PM
kevinthoele
My Feedback: (1)

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

My personal experience with hitech service is I usually receive new in box servos for those I have sent in for service. This has been the same for JR.

Time frame usually 2 weeks for both.

I don't think you will be disapointed with either.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:25 AM
highhorse
My Feedback: (2)

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts

Sean, I hope you don't mind...I reported those posts to the Mod on your behalf. There's just no place for that sort of comment and I should know, having once upon a time been (deservingly) "modded" for less. I thought you handled the insult with class though.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:47 AM
seanreit

One of the things (of the many) that makes my significant other furious is when I'm sick, I usually go through it with a smile. The first time she asked me why I seemed like I was having such a good time being so obviously sick. I told her that I was not sick very often and that I wanted to enjoy the experience.

The second time I did it, and since then, (7 years later) it just really pisses her off.

I don't get called an idiot very often

But thanks for looking out for me.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:03 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am not sure why jet guys have the perception that the Hitec 5955s are cheap servos. They retail for $115 a pop. Most IMAC/3D pilots I know use them in their $10k 40% planes because they have no slop and product a lot of power. Plus a 40% aerobatic plane has more more load on the control surface than any jet while doing an advance to unlimited IMAC sequence. These guys trust their 5955s. I had a 40% Composite-ARF fitted with 8611s and every control surface had slop. I've seen sloppy surfaces develop from 8611s on every giant scale aircraft that I've competed with I'm not a big fan of other Hitec servos, but the 5955 is top notch.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:18 PM
SpiderJets

Richard,

I am in Bangkok now, found the Futaba importer and he has the best Futaba prices ever seen. Bangkok Hobby Ltd.

For me, the best servos for jets are the latest and innovative Futaba BLS451 (brushless motor, 0,10 sec and 10,6 kg at 6.0 V) Very smooth performers.

Here's the email : [email protected] / Tel +662 510 7778

I'm going home on Saturday around noon.

Best,
Nicolas.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:47 AM
richbran

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for the tip, I already did some surfin' to get more users experience. Some chopper pilots reported extremely well behaviour. Prices are around the 100 U$ mark.
Anbody more on this servo?
Old 04-06-2008, 04:42 PM
richbran

I decided and bought 7 8711's for my MB now....
Old 04-06-2008, 09:55 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: kevinthoele

I have used both JR 8611 and Hitech 5955 titanium gear. The servos are the same price around $ 115 retail each. They both perform well. Either is a good choice. For those who bash hitech on the high end, I think you are missing a great performing servo with tons of programming. Forget the match box and reversed servos and end points all these are programmable on the hitech.

My 2 cents
I'm with you Kevin. I am a Hitec believer. My TJ F-16 came with 9411's. Poor holding torque and speed. Switch to HS-5965MG's and for the same price I gained 30oz of torque and about .1sec speed.

The 5995TG at 6.0V is hard to beat for power and speed, except for the JR 8717's which I own two and it is damn fast!

David