Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Turbine waiver for helicopters?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Turbine waiver for helicopters?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2002, 12:12 PM
Scotty740

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbine waiver for helicopters?

Does anyone know or has heard about what the AMA is doing toward turbines in helicopters? I haven't heard if a waiver will be needed or not. Or if so what the criteria to obtain one will be.
Old 03-06-2002, 02:58 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Turbine waiver for helicopters?

I checked on this with the AMA just a week or two ago. A waiver will be needed, but they are still working out what the sign-off requirements need to be since the current guidelines address fixed wing use only.

The AMA has received suggestions from "a state side turbine distributor regarding a helicopter turbine unit", is working with them on the requirements, and is set to discuss modifications to the safety regs (etc) at their next safety committe meeting in April.

Regs,
Gordon
Old 03-06-2002, 05:32 PM
tamjets
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heli turbine waiver

I think most the rules for turbine heli is the safety of operation and some basic flying skill. I hope the rule doen't get out of hand like turbine jets waiver.
Some of the rules for turbine jets are
I believe buddy box is an excellent idea to train new turbine pilots.
Tam