Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Info on putting a p-60 in a Yellow A-4

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Info on putting a p-60 in a Yellow A-4

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 07:32 PM
warbird51
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Info on putting a p-60 in a Yellow A-4

I'm thinking about putting a P-60 in a Yellow A-4 and I'm looking for info on conversions already done. I did a search on RCU and didn't pull up much useable info. Like what fuel tanks were used. Any help would useful as I don't want to re-invent the wheel here.

Thanks,

Wayne
Old 02-29-2008, 08:05 PM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Infoon putting a p-60 in a Yellow A-4

Colchester models A-4 is yellow / jhh copy. Should work fine in the Yellow.

V..

http://www.altecare.com/a4reviwercji.pdf
Old 02-29-2008, 09:30 PM
Shaun Evans

Default RE: Info on putting a p-60 in a Yellow A-4

Hi,

Do you already have the A-4? If so, feel free to give me a call. I've converted two A-4s for turbine. The biggest problem for you is where to put your fuel. Depending on whether or not your A-4 is already built, it can be easy or it can be a PITA. Either way, that thing's gonna go like a bat outta you-know-where! I built one for a P-80 and ended up putting a buddy's Super Bee in it. It was tooooo cool. The plane built out LIGHTER than my previous two DF ones, and the flight and landing performance was outstanding. If I can be of help, email me or call me.

619-944-7574
Old 02-29-2008, 10:20 PM
warbird51
My Feedback: (12)

It's an ARF.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:31 PM
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

bro'

I had a P60 in mine a couple years ago. pretty tight fit but a 50oz tank and a UAt squeezes into the fuselage 5:00 flight time. I chopped the bottom half of the intakes out to squeeze it in but it fits. it scooted along nicely, landed fast as hell without a head wind and could reach and bit you if you weren't paying attention (reefing it off the ground at take off or trying to do the same in a turn)

if I were to do it again (and keep the P60) I would build the fuel system around one of the details for scale centerline drop tanks, a 20 oz hayes internal tank (header tank) then a UAT. Otherwise keep the wing loading down and put a Wren 44 in her.

conversion is not difficult and can be done with minimal effort.

good luck

get ready to hold onto a tiger by the tail

buck

apply CF cloth to the top of the wing in the area of the landing gear for those less than perfect arrivals.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:36 PM
Shaun Evans

Ah.

Well, you'll probably have remove some of the lower half of the rear of the inlet duct. You'll need the space for fuel. You can get quite a big Dubro in there under the inlet (if you chop it) and forward of the engine. I made some plywood adapters to go from the stock engine mounts to the turbine clamp-mounts so that I could move the turbine a hair further back. I don't know if I have any pics. Which ARF do you have? Which scheme?