Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

2009 Jet World Masters Web Site

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

2009 Jet World Masters Web Site

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 02:30 AM
adrian-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2009 Jet World Masters Web Site

ORIGINAL: Phantoman

Dave and Everyone else on this post,

Hello, my name is Allen and I am relatively new to jets. It fact I am waiting for my first one to arrive an F-15 from EJF.

Dave, you wrote an excellent post. You hit the nail right on the head and hopefully this will put an end to all of the negativism going around even before anything has happened. It is hard enough getting a local event going one of this magnitude the negative vibrations certainly don't help.

To parphrase a great tagline We all crash from time to time, Well every event doesn't go as planned from time to time. Get over it, this is just a hobby and many of us just want to dream and imagine that we are the one to take home the prize. Or at least get to go to the dance.

Avi, I am certain you will do a great job. I am reserving my ticket now. BTW if you are ever in Haifa, stop in and say shalom to my son, Joshua. He is in the master program at Technion. He will be easy to find, only American kid.

See you in 2009, but probably sooner.

Allen

Alan

thank you for such a positive post - I am from behind the scenes but let me assure you that just from seeing the time and effort already spent by the organizing team and the seriousness of this effort will assure a great event - they are like a project team with planned strategies to make sure nothing is left un attended and it 18 months before the actual event - it looks like they are ready for the event now - lol- yes and please tell your son to make contact, I am in Tel Aviv but visit Haifa often.

best regards

Adrian Strydom

PS: my Dad is one of the organizing team
Old 03-08-2008, 03:43 AM
Jim Cattanach

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I see that the eight day passes will allow access to the model holding areas. This is a great step forward & should transform the event into a much more spectator friendly affair.
I am looking forward to attending, never been in Israel before, although it's less than an hour from me.
A lot of work has been put into the very professional website & this bodes well for a great event.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:44 AM
adrian-RCU

ORIGINAL: Jascat100

I see that the eight day passes will allow access to the model holding areas. This is a great step forward & should transform the event into a much more spectator friendly affair.
I am looking forward to attending, never been in Israel before, although it's less than an hour from me.
A lot of work has been put into the very professional website & this bodes well for a great event.

we certainly understand the importance of the spectator issue and will accomodate everybody as best possible - but never forget that it can be very frustrating for competitors foccusing on a world championship competition with cumbersome spectators hanging to close - but we are going to try and make the best of both worlds!!

you are welcome to visit anytime - you are very close!!

Adrian Strydom
Old 03-09-2008, 05:02 AM
David Gladwin

Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts

I have been to all the JWM , flown in most of them, but the Israeli event looks set to be really something special. I'll be there Avi with my wife, too, for THIS event ! Hope to compete for Australia with a greatly improved Hawk ! Very best of luck to your team.

Regards,

David Gladwin.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:14 AM
i3dm
My Feedback: (51)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Avi,

Way to go - the website looks fantastic !

Cant wait to attend the upcoming meetings about the WJM 2009...

C ya all there !
Old 03-09-2008, 10:40 AM
Amir Assal

2009 Jet World Masters in Israel !!!![sm=thumbs_up.gif]
very nice ambaron!!!
Old 03-09-2008, 04:34 PM
ambaron

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi All

As the 8TH JWM Manger I have great responsibility for making this event a success,
regarding it as an International Mission.
(It is even ten times harder because of former events, for best or worst).
I know that we will be examined on every step of the way.

There are always things we can do better, and this is why we preparing
a long time before the event.

We have all the intention to fulfill the high expectation and to make this event
the best ever.

The organizing team is assembled from experienced people that are fully dedicated
and always emembering the fact that this specific JWM Need to be the Best!!!!!

We are also trying to listen to your comments on real time, and apply it if we can

We can assure you that it is going to be something to remember

Please use the Official Web Site for comments and information (Forum, and mails)

Thanks to all the Guys ,from all over the World,who support us with great trust.

I personally invite all of you to join us on this beautiful JWM Ride and to seriously
consider coming to this Event even as spectator only.

Avi Ambar
Old 03-09-2008, 06:30 PM
ModelJets

I have seen your website Avi and I am very impressed. I am looking forward to coming to this event in Israel with my family this time. Hard work and dedication will make this event something to remember.
Best Regards
From Australia
Dean James
Old 03-16-2008, 05:17 AM
adrian-RCU

hi there

guys the forum on the website is now also active - please place your personal QA there - the organizers will monitor it constantly - yes - its early days but feel free to ask!!

Adrian Strydom
Old 04-19-2009, 09:11 PM
Romaurie

We are based in Eilat.Wondered if the Arava event was not on this year because of the Championship at Masada.
Can you supply details?
Romaurie
Old 04-20-2009, 05:04 PM
i3dm

ORIGINAL: Romaurie

We are based in Eilat.Wondered if the Arava event was not on this year because of the Championship at Masada.
Can you supply details?
Romaurie
are you an RC pilot from Israel ? or you mean youre based in Eilat as in a foreign army base ?
PM me, it would be cool to meet and fly together.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:30 PM
Romaurie

I moved to Eilat from southern England in 1987.Have not been actively involved in aeromodeling since my school days in the UK but find the developments in the hobby amazing.
Have been trying out small rc submarines and indoor helicopters, both examples of technology not available in the late 60's.
I found the site for the JWM and will visit in June.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:18 AM
i3dm

Cool.

If you want to meet up with some pilots to check out local flying, PM me - ill hook you up.