Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Region problem of Futaba 2.4GHz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Region problem of Futaba 2.4GHz

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 11:35 PM
Likai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Region problem of Futaba 2.4GHz

I just received my Futaba TM14/R6014FS module/Rx set from TowerHobby this morning, but when I inserted the module in my 14MZ Tx and powered on, the message"mismatched RF module" was shown on the screen. According to the manual, this is a region problem, how can I do to solve this problem? My Tx is Japan spec.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:50 PM
peter b-RCU
My Feedback: (119)

Default RE: Region problem of Futaba 2.4GHz

you have to upgrade your 14mz software, chek in tha futaba site

i have a 14mz too and i freind of mine help me do it, and i have mine working with 2.4, and it works great!!!

peter

[email protected]
Old 03-10-2008, 02:32 AM
Likai

ORIGINAL: peter b-RCU

you have to upgrade your 14mz software, chek in tha futaba site

i have a 14mz too and i freind of mine help me do it, and i have mine working with 2.4, and it works great!!!

peter

[email protected]
I update the software to latest version(/01/28/2008), but still can not work.[]
Old 03-10-2008, 03:55 AM
rolsen12

I have a 14 too.
A freind of mine got my 14 to work, it is not as easy as the instruction make it out to be,
You may have to send it back to Futaba.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:17 AM
DelGatoGrande
My Feedback: (23)

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Old 03-10-2008, 05:46 AM
Likai

ORIGINAL: DelGatoGrande

do you use msn messenger?

if not instal it to your pc and add me :

we talk there and a friend will help you if you wand
I have not MSN but have Skype

Last edited by JWN; 04-20-2016 at 08:09 AM.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:48 AM
i3dm
My Feedback: (51)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Likai,

Whats your Skype ? i can help you, i think i know the solution. [8D]
Old 03-10-2008, 08:15 AM
Likai

ORIGINAL: i3dm

Likai,

Thanks very much
You can use this e-mail address to find my Skype.

[email protected]
Old 03-10-2008, 08:25 AM
i3dm

Ok just added you, lets talk.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:19 PM
figueroa
My Feedback: (22)

Likai,
Were you able to solve the problem with your 14mz. I got the same message when I tried to install a 2.4mhz on my 14mz. I posted the question on Futaba Flyers Club, but have not gotten an answer yet.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:22 PM
MV99
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: i3dm

Likai,

Hi i3dm,

I live in CA, USA and just got my TM14 and it has the same issue with my 14MZ (got it from Taiwan). Were you able to help LiKai to resolve his problem?

I really hope to find way to get by this region code restriction. Hope you can help me out, too!!

Many thanks in advance!!

Mitch

Old 03-10-2008, 07:59 PM
Likai

ORIGINAL: figueroa

Likai,
Were you able to solve the problem with your 14mz. I got the same message when I tried to install a 2.4mhz on my 14mz. I posted the question on Futaba Flyers Club, but have not gotten an answer yet.
I took a phone call to Futaba Taiwan and told them my problem yesterday. Now, I'm waiting their answer.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:37 PM
MV99

ORIGINAL: Likai

Likai,
I took a phone call to Futaba Taiwan and told them my problem yesterday. Now, I'm waiting their answer.
I spoke with Futaba USA today and they basicly saying that they will not do anything and direct me to buy TM14 from my Taiwan contact.

I did call my contact whom I purchased from (é€é™æ¨¡åž‹). Mr. Gu told me that Futaba has not yet release TM14 module in Taiwan. He will check the release schedule for me.

Your case is same as mine. We both need to find a way to have Futaba to re-program the EEprom to change region code to US/Canada setting in the transmitter to match TM14 (with US/Canada code) that we have.

If you could, can you contact Futaba Taiwan to see if they are willing to do the modfication for your 14MZ transmitter? I think this is the safest way.

Mitch
Old 03-10-2008, 09:45 PM
Gary Arthur
My Feedback: (29)

it will say mismatch until you change the RF output. You need to go to your frequency screen and select 2.4gz. It is most lilkley still set on 72 or PCM. I just saw the same thing on mine when I set it up.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:52 PM
TommyWatson
My Feedback: (1)

I have a 14 MZ. It is region locked to "Australia". I got a 2.4 module from Tower. Of course the module would not work in my radio. I downloaded a program for the Robbe FX40,(same as the 14MZ, different case). The program lets you change the region as well as other things. After doing this I was able to use the american 2.4 module.

PM me for details

The only down side is that you need to re run the program if you want to go back to your home area modules.

Regards

Old 03-10-2008, 10:43 PM
Likai

ORIGINAL: MV99

Likai,
I spoke with Futaba USA today and they basicly saying that they will not do anything and direct me to buy TM14 from my Taiwan contact.

I did call my contact whom I purchased from (é€é™æ¨¡åž‹). Mr. Gu told me that Futaba has not yet release TM14 module in Taiwan. He will check the release schedule for me.

Your case is same as mine. We both need to find a way to have Futaba to re-program the EEprom to change region code to US/Canada setting in the transmitter to match TM14 (with US/Canada code) that we have.

If you could, can you contact Futaba Taiwan to see if they are willing to do the modfication for your 14MZ transmitter? I think this is the safest way.

Mitch
It is easy for me, if finally I have to sent my Tx back to Futaba( The factory is in Taiwan). But for you, it is more difficult.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:17 AM
MV99

ORIGINAL: MV99

Likai,

Mitch
It is easy for me, if finally I have to sent my Tx back to Futaba( The factory is in Taiwan). But for you, it is more difficult.
Hi Likai,

Luck you and I am happy for you.... The ironic thing is that the company I work for is located in Kaohsiung and Futaba's factory (Doube-Leaf, Taiwan) is just next door to our headquarter building. However, I can not do direct buy....

I will try to ask TommyWaston where to download the program to change region. I don't need to change back to original region because I live in California and, 99% of time I will be flying my home area. The reason I bought the 14MZ in Tawian was because 1). I was on a business trip back to HQ, and 2). I am a mode 1 flyer and it is much convienent for me to get mode 1 transmitter in Taiwan.

Sending or carrying my 14MZ to Futaba Taiwan probably is not a easy choice for me.

Mitch
Old 03-11-2008, 12:21 AM
MV99

ORIGINAL: TommyWatson

I have a 14 MZ. It is region locked to "Australia". I got a 2.4 module from Tower. Of course the module would not work in my radio. I downloaded a program for the Robbe FX40,(same as the 14MZ, different case). The program lets you change the region as well as other things. After doing this I was able to use the american 2.4 module.

PM me for details

The only down side is that you need to re run the program if you want to go back to your home area modules.

Regards

Hi Tommy,

Could you share with me how to get the program? Many many thanks in advance!!!

I will be 99% plus time flying in the US so I won't have need to change back to original region.

Is the program origin from Futaba? and will that be any concern on messing up the OS in 14MZ?

Best regards,

Mitch
Old 03-11-2008, 01:22 AM
TommyWatson

I can't take any credit for this. I got all the info from this site.

http://www.rcfan.com/radios.html

All of the software is there and the instructions also.

Th one I used was in the FX40 section and was headed 1/24/2007.

The basic procedure is:-
You need to "Downgrade" your 14MZ to make it think it is a FX40 using the FX40 Update program. This is done the same way as the 14MZ upgrade.

Then run the FX40 UTIL program. this will allow you to change the Region code.

Be careful it will also let you reset everything. I actually zeroed my stick and got no servo movement, then I had to go through the calibration procedure. I learnt a lot that night.

Once you have changed the region code, you can do the latest 14MZ upgrade (2008_01_08_T14MZ_Ver120) and you are done.

As he says on the web site, you do this at your own risk. I am sure that Futaba won't fix any stuff ups.

I used two memory cards so I would not get confused.

I kept the latest 14MZ on one card and the Robbe FX40 on another along with the Util program.

As I said, it worked OK for me, but do it at your own risk. I sugges you read carefully through the whole site.

Post your results.

Regards
Old 03-11-2008, 02:45 AM
jescardin

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Modifiying the region code is not only done at your risk but also cancel any guarantee and even the repair service on the transmitter on your world region.

It is important to note this as Futaba keep track of the series number and the official Repair Services return the 14MZ back to owners without service if they detect that the region code has been modified asking to send the transmitter to the original country of purchase for service.

I know well because I have close relation with the Spanish Futaba distributor which also distributes ROBBE, the official European Futaba Technical Service and the FX-40 utility program you speak about was originally intended only for the Technical Services but somehow filtrated to the web.

Best Regards,

Jesus Cardin
Old 03-11-2008, 03:42 AM
MV99

I can't take any credit for this. I got all the info from this site.

http://www.rcfan.com/radios.html

All of the software is there and the instructions also.

Th one I used was in the FX40 section and was headed 1/24/2007.

The basic procedure is:-
You need to "Downgrade" your 14MZ to make it think it is a FX40 using the FX40 Update program. This is done the same way as the 14MZ upgrade.

Then run the FX40 UTIL program. this will allow you to change the Region code.

Be careful it will also let you reset everything. I actually zeroed my stick and got no servo movement, then I had to go through the calibration procedure. I learnt a lot that night.

Once you have changed the region code, you can do the latest 14MZ upgrade (2008_01_08_T14MZ_Ver120) and you are done.

As he says on the web site, you do this at your own risk. I am sure that Futaba won't fix any stuff ups.

I used two memory cards so I would not get confused.

I kept the latest 14MZ on one card and the Robbe FX40 on another along with the Util program.

As I said, it worked OK for me, but do it at your own risk. I sugges you read carefully through the whole site.

Post your results.

Regards
Thank you very much for the information! I will read thru the information link first and see how comfortable I feel about doing it.

Mitch
Old 03-11-2008, 04:06 AM
i3dm

Guys,

for those of you who are interested - i think i still might have a solution (as i told Likai) and you can contact me to get all the details.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:24 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Sounds like early dvd players region problems.

i guess this is meant to protect europe VS china and USA buyers to be carefull where you buy your set...
Old 03-11-2008, 06:19 AM
TommyWatson

Jesus,

You are absolutly correct. I took the risk, others can make their own decision. I can understand that Futaba must protect its dealers.

Regards

Old 03-11-2008, 06:52 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Jesus,

You are absolutly correct. I took the risk, others can make their own decision. I can understand that Futaba must protect its dealers.

Regards

True

Grey import has become a sport.

but then again if you dont join them what is the point?
Futaba will get a beating about this , but again they try to protect the market wich is good.
i simply cant compete if i sell a 12 channel for the same price they cost in the us for endcustomers i need to put up some money from my own pocket.
and i can just let a few tx sitting on a shelf and make 0 profit...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.