Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Programing Jet-Tronics door sequencer for not cycling at power on

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Programing Jet-Tronics door sequencer for not cycling at power on

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 02:06 PM
Jack Diaz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programing Jet-Tronics door sequencer for not cycling at power on

There are a few threads addressing the issue of gear cycling when powering on the transmitter.
I have solved this problem (at least it is working for me), both for 2.4GH and for 72 or 35 MH.

For 2.4 radios:
-Bind the receiver with Gear Down position on the transmitter.
-Program the sequencer as per instructions using 100 and 100 values on the travel adjust of the transmitter (same values you had when binding).
-After binding and sequencer programming, change the sub-trim of the gear channel to about 30 "towards the gear down programmed value".

For 72 or 35:
-Program the Sequencer using a value of 100 on the travel adjust, for the GEAR UP position.
-Program the Sequencer using a value of 50 on the travel adjust, for the GEAR DOWN position.
-Leave the sub-trim at 0

(The procedure for 72 or 35 also works with 2.4)

My theory of why this methods work, (but I am not 100% sure) is because I think that the Jet-Tronics sequencer doesn´t actually switches at the programmed end values, but at deviations in voltage from the Center value (the mid point of the two programmed values). With these programming methods, you will be always on the gear down side when turning the transmitter on. In other words, minor gear channel voltage values when turning on, will not be within the voltage decision point of the sequencer (I GUESS .... LOL).

Try and see.

Jack
Old 03-14-2008, 02:16 PM
Billy
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Programing Jet-Tronics door sequencer for not cycling at power on

Thanks Jack I will try this when I get home. It sounds like a good idea.

Billy