Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Itp Caproni Jet

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Itp Caproni Jet

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2003, 03:14 AM
NEVETS
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Itp Caproni Jet

I HAVE AN ITP CAPRONI JET THAT WAS AVAILABLE IN THE U.S. YEARS AGO. I BOUGHT IT AT A LOCAL SWAP MEET. I JUST RECENTLY FOUND A PICTURE OF THE MODEL IN AN OLD ISSUE OF RCM AND NOTICED THAT THERE'S WHAT SEEMS LIKE AN EXHAUST EXTENSION THAT IS ATTACHED TO THE BACK OF THE EXHAUST WHICH GIVES THE APPEARANCE OF A SCALE EXHAUST NOZZLE. MY AIRPLANE DOESN"T HAVE THIS ATTACHMENT. I WAS WONDERING IF ANYBODY OUT THERE HAS ANY INFO ON THE FATE OF ITP, WHETHER THEY SOLD OUT TO ANOTHER COMPANY OR WHAT. THEY WERE OUT OF ITALY. ANY INFO CONCERNING THIS AIRPLANE WILL BE APPRECIATED.
THANKS, STEVE
Old 02-19-2004, 09:10 AM
aybowles

Default RE: Itp Caproni Jet

I also have the ITP C-22 kit. The Scale Exaust nozzles are for static display only as the instructions state that they must be removed for flight. They are just vacuformed plastic with a balsa backer. They are attached to the tail boom with 1 screw for each side.
Old 02-19-2004, 10:39 AM
DennisF

I have 2 of them the company was ITP in the US and Master Fly in Europe, I had the first opportunity to purchase Kit's when the company went up for sale and purchased a few of the kit's, i have flown the Capronni many times great flying model.
Did you get the Gleichauf fan unit with the kit, mine fly with a modified rossi 53.

Rg's
Dennis
Old 02-20-2004, 08:27 AM
>>-GERONIMO-->

http://www.machdiamonds.com/C221.jpg CAPRONI
Old 02-20-2004, 02:31 PM
G4guy
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you guys see this Caproni? This is a great flyer. AMT Pegasus powered, #30 pounds all up weight, Rotating main Gear and full gear doors. It was built by modeler from Pittsburgh, and I have flown it many times. We had it at the Heart of Ohio and it flew very nice.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86529.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	103115   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tp46340.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	103116   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ci98261.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	103117  
Old 02-21-2004, 12:10 PM
DennisF

Wow nice what scale is it and i see the exhaust is split to the side of the tail boom, i had looked at installing a turbine in mine but not much room for even the ducted fan unit in mine.
Dennis
Old 02-21-2004, 07:51 PM
G4guy
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do not know the scale, but it has a 8 1/2' wing span. Yes the exhaust is split. It has a double wall "Y" pipe. The picture is the Interior. Not much room left. It does have a Transmitted to ground Airspeed readout from Forienze.
Ron
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl31119.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	103494  
Old 04-11-2016, 09:12 AM
flyncrazy

Originally Posted by DennisF
I have 2 of them the company was ITP in the US and Master Fly in Europe, I had the first opportunity to purchase Kit's when the company went up for sale and purchased a few of the kit's, i have flown the Capronni many times great flying model.
Did you get the Gleichauf fan unit with the kit, mine fly with a modified rossi 53.

Rg's
Dennis
hi Dennis, do you still have the kits? do you want to sell one? thank you, Gary