Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Smoke Fluid

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Smoke Fluid

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 02:28 PM
Synthetic
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Smoke Fluid

[I'd hate to spend all my flying time with spray washing those houses.]

I can't blame you for not wanting to do that.

I am wondering what effect opening the smoke tube end up a little bit would be.

I would think it would increase the amount of smoke and of course use more of it up.

Thanks,
Don
Old 03-25-2008, 03:24 PM
Molar mender

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I watched the spray pattern while doing my front yard tests yesterday (I did notice this morning when I went out the front door there was a residual form release oil smell in my front yard--probably unburnt oil on the grass). The tubes produced a nice fan shaped mist spray which allows it to burn, evenly. I would not open up the tubes as it would produce a stream instead of the spray which would not allow the oil to burn properly. Just my observation.

Roy
Old 03-25-2008, 05:44 PM
KC36330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

optimal smoke is caused by vaporizing the smoke fluid not by burning it, opening up the end of the injector makes a stream which is more difficult to vaporize. any liquid that makes it to the inner part of the jet blast is burnt or simply blown away still in liquid form and isn't producing any significant smoke.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:44 PM
Molar mender

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Vaporizing !!!! Ah -- that was the word I was looking for. You are absolutely correct. Dang, this getting old is for the birds. Thanks KC36330 for the concept (word) correction.

Roy