Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

cortex help

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

cortex help

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 01:10 PM
paulhelis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cortex help

hi i want to install a cortex gyro that i already have, the question is where is the best location to mount it?

it has to be mounted on cg or it does not mater if i mount it near the nose?

thanks
Old 11-13-2014, 01:40 PM
M3Baker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I usually mount mine close to the receiver for convenience. I don't think it matters where you mount it, just that it's level and pointing the right direction.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:02 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by M3Baker
I usually mount mine close to the receiver for convenience. I don't think it matters where you mount it, just that it's level and pointing the right direction.
Thats exactly correct. It needs to be flat. It doesn't even need to point a certain way if you have the software and USB cable, you can configure that.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:19 PM
ZB

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Best is the close to the CG on flat and level surface.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 11-14-2014, 04:23 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by ZB
Best is the close to the CG on flat and level surface.

Zb/Jeti USA
With all due respect ZB because I know you sell these things. But they won't work any better dead on the CG than they will work mounted on the wingtip.

You can install them wherever they fit best with your receiver installation, as long as they are perpendicular to each axis they are controlling, and as vibration free as practical.
Old 11-14-2014, 05:02 AM
jws_aces
My Feedback: (33)

The only thing that mattered with we installed mine at SJS is the guys from Demon wanted to make sure in was in line front to rear. Not on the center line just make sure it is point straight with the center line to cut down on waggle.

Make sure it is mounted a very solid base area. Any movement with cause extra unwanted movements.
Old 11-14-2014, 05:22 AM
M3Baker

I agree, Andy. On one of my DF models I had to mount it way up in the nose as there just wasn't any other place to put it. It is kind of important that you can get a visual on the light so you can see if the colors change when you switch modes.

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
With all due respect ZB because I know you sell these things. But they won't work any better dead on the CG than they will work mounted on the wingtip.

You can install them wherever they fit best with your receiver installation, as long as they are perpendicular to each axis they are controlling, and as vibration free as practical.
Old 11-14-2014, 06:45 PM
paulhelis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great info thank you all