Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Glennis Wheels

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Glennis Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 02:29 PM
PeterDays

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Glennis Wheels

Glennis is like the George Carlin of Jet Modelling
Old 04-03-2008, 02:33 PM
Ghostrider FIN

Hi Dennis!

Any new ideas (last was 11.March) when you can complete my B-25 the wheel& the brake order. The order was sent to you on Dec 2007 and charged from my Visa on 1.Jan 2008.

I decided to ask here because first i think that a couple of unreplied Email was my ISP fault but it seems that you are very busy.[]

Thanks and i really appreciate your business

Tuomo Piironen
Old 04-03-2008, 03:51 PM
GlennisAircraft
My Feedback: (1)

Alberto: your e-mail is on it's way as is your order

Tuomo: Checking your Fedex/UPS shipping out now, they are ready to ship waiting on a decision on how you want them to go.

Glennis is like the George Carlin of Jet Modelling
Yeah, you should hear it when I'm at a meet like the last Scale Masters and get to go over these forum deals - it's a real laugh over a couple of cold ones. Remember, the vast majority of customers and happy and don't write in on this stuff.

Barry: After checking - have never received an e-mail that I can trace to your name, so either it wasn't in the e-mail, or I never received them.

arizonasun25: Yes you can probably get Tucano wheels depending on what size you need - let me know and I'll check it out. Had a couple of calls today about the 5" - don't know if that's what you have.

Dennis
Old 04-03-2008, 04:12 PM
Ghostrider FIN

Hi!

Ok Thank you so much. Please send them with FedEx if you can. Please tell me if that 40$ not enough for shipping, what is already charged.

I hope that i get them soon.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:28 PM
dbarrym
My Feedback: (47)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: GlennisAircraft

Barry: After checking - have never received an e-mail that I can trace to your name, so either it wasn't in the e-mail, or I never received them.

Dennis
Mea culpa - looks like I owe you an apology! In looking up the Emails I had previously sent, it appears that I had confused Dennis (i.e. Glennis) with Darrel at Sierra Precision... I have sent HIM three Emails (3/26, 1/16, 12/7) that have gone unanswered... my sincere apologies.

Looke me up at the Scalemasters in Hemet next week (assuming you are there) and I will buy you a cold one. Or two.

Barry
Old 04-03-2008, 04:57 PM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

dennis, not trying to keep this thread going, but i just read over it concerning kirk's allegedly bashing of your products and the link you provided. i would hardly call his comment in the bvm thread a bash. the discussion was what the differences were between your brakes and bvm's. he merely said that if the clip was missing or loose your style will push the tire off. that is the truth. your brakes are a good design and work well, but that is the achille's heel. i personally like bvm's design better, i like your offerings better. that is not a bash on you nor he. so i think that was a stretch. as for you getting together with the buds at the scalemasters and having a cold one and laughing at the forum postings, i find that ironic, me and my buds did the same last night about this repeated theme in this thread just like we did the last time this topic came up. without the cold one's of course. take care, barry
Old 04-04-2008, 09:55 AM
GlennisAircraft

No problem Barry: - let me know if we can help

Dennis
Old 04-18-2008, 03:19 PM
thunderceptor

Finally I received the He-162 wheels today!

They're very well detailed, they fit perfectly on CJM struts, and the tires are very strong made: truly a great quality product!

Just remember to order them 4 months before using ...

Alberto
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz79454.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	932061  
Old 04-24-2008, 10:11 AM
Ghostrider FIN

Wheels and brakes arrived! Really magnificent work. Fit perfectly to Robart retracts. Thanks Glennis Aircraft! Definitely worth of money and worth of used waiting time.

Old 10-08-2008, 03:26 PM
rc74
My Feedback: (6)

Dennis I got my wheels and brakes installed on my TF B-25 Thanks for getting them to me within a week of ordering them. They look great. I flew it at the Cincinnati Wings of War on Sunday It was a big hit watching it wind up with the brakes on. A couple more flights and I will have the brakes valve tuned in. Thanks Ron
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19734.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	1048202  
Old 10-08-2008, 05:26 PM
GlennisAircraft

Dennis I got my wheels and brakes installed on my TF B-25 Thanks for getting them to me within a week of ordering them. They look great.
Thanks - glad it worked out good. Get us some specs / photo's of the model, and we will post it on the website. The model looks great!

As a side note though:

When reading the thread again though, I once again was once again disappointed. To reflect; I am (we) are bad with customers, sell on my (our) terms only, tie wraps to keep the tires on (in reference to an earlier thread that was debunked), I'm the George Carlin of Modeling (what ever that meant), and "I" (we) never reply, which turned out wasn't even us that was referenced to - but someone else (Sierra). It's ashame and a disservice to the hobby to allow statements that are retracted in the end on RCU.

Tempers need to simmer on RCU, and the Mod's need to (or should) eye what is being said a little closer to get the facts. The original posters were contacted via e-mail, and on RCU very quickly, days and hours before the post, and on the same day, all of these were shown in my posts. Of course they were very happy with their products . . . . and there were no rebuttals to that.

"awaiting reply", here we go again, I hope we are above that now though.
Dennis
Old 10-08-2008, 05:45 PM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

they look great. nothing like a b25 scaled out. barry
Old 10-11-2014, 01:56 PM
Mark C
My Feedback: (26)

Is Glennis Wheels still in business? If so, anyone got a number
Old 10-11-2014, 02:29 PM
Joe C
My Feedback: (23)

They are out of bus for a long time now!
Old 10-11-2014, 03:21 PM
Mark C
My Feedback: (26)

Originally Posted by Joe C
They are out of bus for a long time now!
Thanks, trying to find a set of scale wheels for a Tigercat,
Old 10-11-2014, 03:23 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark C
Thanks, trying to find a set of scale wheels for a Tigercat,

If you have documentation and size requirements, i can design the rims and tires and fab the tires and have a source that does amazing machine work.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:28 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Crappy, I need new tires for my CAI Raptor, they were Glennis wheels, guess it's time to upgrade the whole wheel and brake now