Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

BVM ULTRA BANDIT PRICE INCREASE

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

BVM ULTRA BANDIT PRICE INCREASE

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 07:23 AM
BlackCloud
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BVM ULTRA BANDIT PRICE INCREASE

Wait until he posts the "Market Adjustment Fee" to the UB...............oh I guess thats what the extra $1000 increase is.

He must have bought a car recently and taken some tips from the dealer on revenue increasing.

Scam 4: The Market Adjustment Fee

In this scam, the dealer tells you that your car is a really popular vehicle, and so to sell you the vehicle they have to add "Market Adjustment Fees" of several thousand dollars. This amount is usually indicated on an orange sticker next to manufacturer's MSRP sticker. A car may be popular, but if it is in stock, it is not worth paying extra for it. Many buyers, especially trade-in buyers, have been ripped off before. They focus only on what they get for their old car, and so they don't see the big picture. They may get an extra few thousand for their car, but they don't notice that they are charged a much higher Market Adjustment Fee. The dealer sells the car, gets the trade-in, and makes an extra off the buyer. Never pay more than the manufacturer's MSRP.

excerpt taken from: http://www.allthingsfrugal.com/l.autoscams.htm

I guess he doesn't fit that category since he raised the MSRP instead
Old 04-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: BlackCloud

Wait until he posts the "Market Adjustment Fee" to the UB...............oh I guess thats what the extra $1000 increase is.

He must have bought a car recently and taken some tips from the dealer on revenue increasing.

Scam 4: The Market Adjustment Fee

In this scam, the dealer tells you that your car is a really popular vehicle, and so to sell you the vehicle they have to add "Market Adjustment Fees" of several thousand dollars. This amount is usually indicated on an orange sticker next to manufacturer's MSRP sticker. A car may be popular, but if it is in stock, it is not worth paying extra for it. Many buyers, especially trade-in buyers, have been ripped off before. They focus only on what they get for their old car, and so they don't see the big picture. They may get an extra few thousand for their car, but they don't notice that they are charged a much higher Market Adjustment Fee. The dealer sells the car, gets the trade-in, and makes an extra off the buyer. Never pay more than the manufacturer's MSRP.

excerpt taken from: http://www.allthingsfrugal.com/l.autoscams.htm

I guess he doesn't fit that category since he raised the MSRP instead
A local chevy dealer back in 2003 had the Market Adjustment Fee on two Corvettes:

50th Annv model, siticker + $3,000.00
Z06, sticker + $5,000.00

a dealer even closer would sell me the same Vette for 3000 off sticker.

And when the Mazda Miata came out, some folks paid 5k over sticker to get the first ones in. Same with the Viper, 240Z, 350Z...
Old 04-03-2008, 08:46 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

While I have no doubt that the Ultra Bandit is a fine jet, I'm sick of hearing how it's the "best" this or the "best" that. I'm also tired of hearing how the UB has lead the way in large scale sport jets (there was an issue of Fly RC that said straight out that "the Ultra Bandit is the jet that STARTED the trend towards large sport jets")

However, over $11,000 for it?????

This is getting ridiculous, there are other large sport jets out there that are equally as good as the UB and in some aspects better. The UB may be the best "overall" large sport jet (though best is an opinion) but man, it's like this thing is gods gift to RC jets!!

I would still take JMP's firebird over an UB both for looks and top end performance, and for the extra 5K cost of the UB I could hire somebody to build the firebird into an ARF for me!

ORIGINAL: rcpete347

No buy smart, Buy a BVM and put 200 flights on it and sell it for near what you bought it for.
Rcpete
I swear to god, some days I think you must be on BVM's payroll, BVM is not the only good jet manufacture out there. And you don't get near what you buy them for. Take a look at how many Kingcats and Bandits have sold lately for $7,000 to $9000 turnkey! You can't buy everything new and build them for that. I own a Kingcat and Super Bandit, and you know what, the way a Super Bandit flies is it's redeeming quality, because bang for the buck I had never been so dissappointed in how kit components fit as I was with that kit. When the instruction manual TELLS you that there will be a 1/16" to 1/8" gap at the bottom of the wing to fuse fit but that's ok, just fill it, I have to shake my head. In the industries I've worked in, I know that it really doesn't take any extra work to make a plug for a mold that will FIT instead of one that will require the person building it to use filler.
I don't regret buying the jets that I have bought, but there are other jets out there that the kit quality is just as nice or nicer, and they fly every bit as good for far less money. I'm sure there is a pretty good profit being made on BVM kits, otherwise why sell them, but in this day and age of far less expensive jets, IMO it would be far smarter to LOWER the price on the UB and sell more kits.

If an UB costs $7000 to produce, if you drop the price to $9000 and sell 2 kits, that's a $4000 profit, if you raise it to $11,000 and sell one, that's the same $4000 profit, the difference is, there might be 1 guy willing to pay 11K for an UB, where there might be 5 guys willing to pay 9K for the same airplane, SHOULD that be the difference, that = more profit.

As always, this is just my opinion, I don't care if people buy BVM, or anyone else, but it just doesn't seem smart in my mind to raise prices on your product when the competition keeps coming out with lower priced stuff every week. I'm sure that if BVM ever comes out with something unique and appealing to me in the future I'd look at buying another jet, even if it was more money, but within reason. I don't know if I'd ever spend the $$$ for another Super Bandit again, but I would buy a Kingcat again if I wanted that style airplane. Anyway, take it for what it's worth, I'll never buy an UB so maybe I shouldn't even be posting, but I do want a Firebird one day, if an UB was priced to compete with a Firebird, who knows, at that point I might be interested.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:29 PM
Yvonne301

OsvaldoPv, I understand your frustration. You really want one and of'course I am not letting you buy it. It is too expensive and my house already looks like an airport with all your planes. Every time I see the UPS guy I get really scared because I know that what is in the box is allot of money (BVM). You know I love you and if I win the lotto I promise that I will call Bob myself and I will buy your UB myself. And I guess I have to buy another house for all your planes, because our 2900 Square feet home is getting a little tight. Love you!
Old 04-03-2008, 09:59 PM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Jeremy, I would argue that the Megabar was first in line for the very large scale sport jets. I saw the mold about 4 or 5 years ago or so.

When I first saw it, it was the biggest jet I had seen. Far larger than any other sport jet. Now when I pull it out, most folks just say "That's about right" my how times change...... The specs on the megabar are just about identical to the UB though a lot less weight and 1/11th the cost.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:17 PM
Iceman8
My Feedback: (27)

I had the pleasure last week of touring the BVM Factory. Let me just say that it's AMAZING!!! I think all of the skeptics out there need to make an appointment and head on out to the factory before they pass judgement on what BVM charges for his stuff. This is an A+++ operation, with many many employees. Like everyone else that's out there working, and believe that they should be compensated for their hard work. This is no different. As far as fancy cars, I don't think that Bob's driving around in a Ferrari. We all know that his products(jets, accessories, etc) are all TOP QUALITY. If the price doesn't fit your budget, don't buy it and just move on. There's plenty out there to choose from. Just my 2 cents.

Doc
Old 04-03-2008, 10:38 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

ORIGINAL: seanreit

Jeremy, I would argue that the Megabar was first in line for the very large scale sport jets. I saw the mold about 4 or 5 years ago or so.

When I first saw it, it was the biggest jet I had seen. Far larger than any other sport jet. Now when I pull it out, most folks just say "That's about right" my how times change...... The specs on the megabar are just about identical to the UB though a lot less weight and 1/11th the cost.
Hi Sean,
I would agree, although even earlier was the Isobar which was a large size sport jet. In that same era was the CAI Raptor, then the Predator and JMP's Firebird in around the same time. I'm not sure when the Firebird first appeared but I think it was around 2000. I know that 2000 was the first time I saw a Raptor in person, I think they came out around 1999. Of course the Raptor wasn't UB sized, but the Firebird is very close in size and the Predator was huge, of course I don't know if I'd really count the Predator since it was so short lived.
I do remember hearing lots about the Isobar back in 2000/2001 as I was flying the RAM750F then and wanted a more aerobatic jet than my Kangaroo was and the Isobar was probably best to fit the bill in terms of the style flying I wanted, but I couldn't afford a RAM1000 then.
Either way, there have been lots of Large sport jets that were around well before the Ultra Bandit was, and every single one of them cost a heck of a lot less!
Old 04-03-2008, 11:39 PM
Erik R
My Feedback: (32)

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Old 04-04-2008, 06:38 AM
avicom
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys see what happend when we open the mouth and start talking BVM. Post 29: The wife of the guy who start this thread. She just slamed his head just for say I want an UB.

Ivonne don't be so hard with him.[sm=punching.gif] I'm trying to keep him focus in his project.[sm=bananahead.gif] Don't be affraid, BVM needs to lower the price to convince Oly. And I don't think it would happen even if I'm also expecting the same news. [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]