Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

BVM ULTRA BANDIT PRICE INCREASE

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

BVM ULTRA BANDIT PRICE INCREASE

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 05:42 PM
osvaldopv
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BVM ULTRA BANDIT PRICE INCREASE

Orders placed by April 2, 2008 will be accepted at the old price( $10,750.00) go fly price

The new price before that will be $11,750.00 go fly price.
I was going to buy one of those big birds because the way it looks and performs. Actually I'm a Bvm customer for many years and when I saw this at the web-site I was dissapointed because of the price. The aircraft is of good quality and is an excelent product but I beleive Bob is loosing his mind with the price.

The rc jet industry is very competitive right now and there is too many options and also good airframes and craftmanship.
I dont have to put the name of the others manufactures because we all know who they are.

I hope that in the near future Bob can put in his website monthly specials with this airframe. So that people that work hard to stay in this hobbie can afford this great product.

I rest my case! [:@][:'(][>:]
Old 04-02-2008, 06:35 PM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: BVM ULTRA BANDIT PRICE INCREASE

Probabably won't affect 99% of us.......

Old 04-02-2008, 06:44 PM
littlepiston
My Feedback: (12)

Is this the first time you have seen this??
Old 04-02-2008, 06:52 PM
sc0tt
My Feedback: (61)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

People are willing to pay the price and wait a few months to have one custom made because it is the absolute best large sport jet available. Whether you like Bob or not, he is a business & needs to make $. I agree the Ultra $ is too high, but there's no shortage of people willing to pay.

BV's products are designed right the first time & the "Go Fly" includes everything to complete the kit. People also forget how great their customer support is & that they are only a phone call away. Go to any jet meet & their reps give you personal attention for support, maiden flights, etc.

There are other manufactures out there with great quality, but my experience so far is that nothing has compared to a BVM jet.

Let those who can afford an Ultra Bandit enjoy it - for those who can't, get the next best thing

Old 04-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Wayne22

Probabably won't affect 99% of us.......

count me in ...99.1%
Old 04-02-2008, 07:29 PM
rcpete347
My Feedback: (251)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I second Scotts remarks, Quote- Buy cheap, Buy twice
Rcpete
Old 04-02-2008, 07:52 PM
3DHELINUT
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: rcpete347

Rcpete

No buy smart and don't over pay for the sake of name brand.

Alan
Old 04-02-2008, 08:10 PM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

I would have to say that the Lightning is of the finest quality...and is a superb flier. Using your logic...I could have two Lightnings for less than the price of one UB...not that there is anything wrong with the UB...it's a great jet too.

Beave

Rcpete
Old 04-02-2008, 08:13 PM
rcpete347
My Feedback: (251)

No buy smart, Buy a BVM and put 200 flights on it and sell it for near what you bought it for.
Rcpete
Old 04-02-2008, 08:15 PM
General Jake

I just sold my wife's Camery, and almost have enough for one!
Old 04-02-2008, 08:45 PM
pilott28

I just finished my Ultra Bandit this past weekend, and I can tell you there is no other kit like it. It is expensive, but so far, I feel I got every penny of value for the money. I can't say I have felt that way at the end of a build on many other kits, all of them less expensive. It is hard to describe the engineering, the precision fit of the parts, the quality of the hardware and the amazing finish.

I haven't flown it yet, but I have seen them fly many times (including the first flights of the production kit) and I'm sure it will further reinforce the feeling.

Durability, resale value and factory support also need to be considered, but this subject has been discussed at length here, so I'll leave it at .... what a great kit.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:50 PM
luckyb001
My Feedback: (8)

I had the opportunity to see BVM's factory for myself and all I can say is WOW! Bob has a *****load of people working in his place and some have to see production lines to keep us all flying. Even the guys that dont buy BVM planes are still using his eqipment. Yea he demands alot of doe for his planes but it takes alot to keep his place up and running. SOOOOO if you cant keep up c the prices then thank the ones who can so the rest of us can still buy his parts. Mike
Old 04-02-2008, 09:07 PM
bevar

Oh I dunno Sievers...U told me the same thing about my Lightning when I bought it from you a few months ago!

Nah...just kidding. Congrats on finishing the UB...I can't wait to see you flying it.

Beave

PS. Just think...if I had your money and Johnnies looks...OK...I know...I'd be broke and ugly!

ORIGINAL: pilott28

I just finished my Ultra Bandit this past weekend, and I can tell you there is no other kit like it. It is expensive, but so far, I feel I got every penny of value for the money. I can't say I have felt that way at the end of a build on many other kits, all of them less expensive. It is hard to describe the engineering, the precision fit of the parts, the quality of the hardware and the amazing finish.

I haven't flown it yet, but I have seen them fly many times (including the first flights of the production kit) and I'm sure it will further reinforce the feeling.

Durability, resale value and factory support also need to be considered, but this subject has been discussed at length here, so I'll leave it at .... what a great kit.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:14 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I would never pay that much for a jet arf. Then again if I was multi millionare maybe I would. More power to him (Bob) if he can get that kind of money. It is really a great testiment to BVM for being able to get those prices for his products. They must really be something. I would love to fly one.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:46 PM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Since when is it anyone but BV's business what he charges for his products? If you don't like the price.. don't pay it.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:49 PM
3DHELINUT
My Feedback: (3)

No buy smart, Buy a BVM and put 200 flights on it and sell it for near what you bought it for.
Rcpete
LOL, good one. That logic escapes me, why would I want to pay 90 to over 100% of the cost of a new product for a used one? why would I entertain the thought of paying additional funds for said used equipment because the original owner decided to have someone else assemble his plane. nowhere else on the secondary market do you expect to recover over 50% of you original investment unless the item is deemed a classic or has been placed as a collectable item.

These are my thoughts and to each his own.

Alan

Old 04-02-2008, 11:01 PM
pilott28

ORIGINAL: bevar

Oh I dunno Sievers...U told me the same thing about my Lightning when I bought it from you a few months ago!

Nah...just kidding. Congrats on finishing the UB...I can't wait to see you flying it.

Beave

PS. Just think...if I had your money and Johnnies looks...OK...I know...I'd be broke and ugly!

ORIGINAL: pilott28

Beave, you got it backwards. You want my looks and Johnny's money!!!!!! Then you would be good looking, rich and very old. Chicks dig that.

I'll be in Toledo this weekend, but maybe in two weeks we will get her test flown. I also have the F15 ready to go with the new engine, CG and Glennis wheels.

Old 04-02-2008, 11:03 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

If I had $10750 to pay for a UB, I wouldn't mind paying $11750.

UB, I think, is for those who can really afford this *****. Crash it, buy another one cash.

Rest of us have JetLegend. [8D]
Old 04-03-2008, 12:41 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

$11,750?

HAHAHAHA LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOL BHWAHAHAHA

I'm not saying it is or isn't worth it, but it still makes me laugh.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:36 AM
Ehab
My Feedback: (44)

ORIGINAL: 3DHELINUT

Alan
I agree, totally...

The US $ has recently dropped a lot causing US companies who rely heavily on overseas goods to lose profit margins. This is only a natural result. Skymaster a while back increased his prices too by, I think, 5-8%.

I always enjoyed talking and dealing with Bob and his staff and I also enjoy his products. I do, however, think that he s more expensive than others but I selectively buy from him. I always appreciate Bob's, Dave's, Justin's and Patty's help on the phone. Remember, One has a choice of NOT buying any product from anyone out there.....So, excersice your right anyway you choose!

Old 04-03-2008, 01:53 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: Ehab

ORIGINAL: 3DHELINUT

Alan
I agree, totally...

The US $ has recently dropped a lot causing US companies who rely heavily on overseas goods to lose profit margins. This is only a natural result. Skymaster a while back increased his prices too by, I think, 5-8%.

I always enjoyed talking and dealing with Bob and his staff and I also enjoy his products. I do, however, think that he s more expensive than others but I selectively buy from him. I always appreciate Bob's, Dave's, Justin's and Patty's help on the phone. Remember, One has a choice of NOT buying any product from anyone out there.....So, excersice your right anyway you choose!

now that is funny since the UB is made in the us
if it would be made in europe , you where right.
i think all sales shifted to europe and now europe is importing bvm stuff by the "massive" BVM can raise the price with only 600 euro[:-]
Old 04-03-2008, 03:11 AM
Ehab

ORIGINAL: digitech

now that is funny since the UB is made in the us
if it would be made in europe , you where right.
i think all sales shifted to europe and now europe is importing bvm stuff by the "massive" BVM can raise the price with only 600 euro[:-]
Yes the UB is US made but, BVM's cost of his "other ARFS" that are made overseas has gone up. Also, cost of running businesses in the US has gone up thx to fuel prices!!! IT is a catch 22!!!
Old 04-03-2008, 04:38 AM
daftpunk

Hi chaps

Hey don't start us on fuel prices here in the UK! How do you guys over the pond feel about paying £1.20 a litre.... that's about £5.40 a gallon which is let me see....ah yes about 10 of your US Doollars.....!! NOT FUNNY [&o]

Cheers

Paul
Old 04-03-2008, 04:53 AM
Ehab

Yes, but you also have superb public transportation (compared to US), almost free colleges, almost free Health care, and many other benefits. Yes, your taxes are more too...I lived long enough in Europe to make a conclusion that it is almost the same cost anywhere you live. You just have to choose your wars (no pun intended)
Old 04-03-2008, 06:56 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: sc0tt

I agree the Ultra $ is too high, but there's no shortage of people willing to pay.

And that is the long and short of it. Funny how people forget that in a capatilist economy that is the only thing that determines market "worth". Just like your car or your house, it doesn't matter how much you paid for it or have "in it", it's market value is determined by what someone else will pay for it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.