Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Fly Eagle F-15 (1/9) Building Thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Fly Eagle F-15 (1/9) Building Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 04:46 PM
mikedenilin
My Feedback: (67)

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Fly Eagle F-15 (1/9) Building Thread

This is the building threads for Fly Eagle Jet 1/9th scale F-15. Please put all buildings info here.

Thanks,

Mike
Global Jet Club

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60040.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	925396  
Old 04-09-2008, 01:58 PM
jetmodeller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fly Eagle F-15 (1/9) Building Thread

Hi All to kick things off i have found with my Jet Legends F15[over 50 flights] that the rudders are of no use whats so ever,when used in knife edge they just throw the model back to upright,the only time they might be of use is on take off in cross wind to keep the tracking straight,i think that to fit servos to rudders is a waste of time and money ,other F15 pilots i have taked to about this are of the same opinon, any comments regards KeithW
Old 04-09-2008, 02:28 PM
jonathang

hi keith yes you are right i have have two jl f15s now one with no rudders and my new one with they are good when you are cross wind also is the a uk dealer for the fly eagle models yet if so can you post any info i might want another in that tiger meet colours thanks regards jonathan
Old 04-09-2008, 05:51 PM
Mr DJ

Ya’ll listen up!

Mike Denilin is the Man! I stepped out on faith and his word and bought two jets from him before ever receiving the first one. Well, my F-16 Tiger arrived today repacked my Mike and his crew. If there is a scratch on it, I’ve yet to find it. I even got my special tank he had FEJ to make—Mike, I owe you $10 [X(].

My Rafale is in route and my F-18 is in the making .

Mike is a straight up Chinese American with a pinch of African American Soul in his Blood—I’m African American—so I know what I’m talkin’ about… So, to any oldies and/or newbie’s to this thread, you can trust Mike—and that’s the bottom line…

Mr DJ

PS: Wait a sec—Mike, there are two long cylinder pieces wrapped in paper—I haven’t opened them, but are they the missiles you had FEJ to make? They didn’t feel like missile rails. Wow! I owe you more than $10. You are the Real Deal, Mike… Many Thanks…

I almost forgot… By doing business with Mike, I’m a Bonafied (real) member of his Global Jet Club—I got my gold trim red, white, and blue patch to prove it.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:20 PM
jetmodeller

Mr DJ this thread is about building and flying the F15 and not about what people have got and what they have coming,it would be nice to keep it that way mainly because it is more interesting,i am not having a go at you but we do not want to make this a list of what people have,it would be nice to have some input from you on what you have built [JETS]regards Keith W
Old 04-10-2008, 01:38 PM
mikedenilin

We have to install functional rudders on our planes to meet AMA turbine waiver requirement. I guess i will just install one rudder on the F-15 and save that extra one for something else.

Mike

Name:	Us55119.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	926795  
Old 04-10-2008, 03:10 PM
Mr DJ

ORIGINAL: jetmodeller

Mr DJ this thread is about building and flying the F15 and not about what people have got and what they have coming,it would be nice to keep it that way mainly because it is more interesting,i am not having a go at you but we do not want to make this a list of what people have,it would be nice to have some input from you on what you have built [JETS]regards Keith W
Keith

You need to CHILL and get a life. You don't own this freakin' forum. If you don't have ANYTHING good to say--don't say Jack!!!

Mr DJ
Old 04-10-2008, 04:15 PM
jonathang

ORIGINAL: Mr DJ

ORIGINAL: jetmodeller

Keith

You need to CHILL and get a life. You don't own this freakin' forum. If you don't have ANYTHING good to say--don't say Jack!!!

Mr DJ
mr dj all keith has said is this thread is for f15 not the f18/f16 or the rafale so why the hell are you being nasty, keith is a nice guy very helpfull maybe you should eat your own words and get a life your self why do people have to be this way is only a hobbie regards jonathan
Old 04-10-2008, 04:25 PM
jetmodeller

DJ i can not remember seeing one post from you with any information which would help any body,you are full of what you got and what you have coming,perhaps if you spent more time putting a model together and less time on RCU you might have some thing usefull to say instead of dribbling on,perhaps if you were not so far up your own a---- you could say something usefull,any way keep the forum i am finnished trying to help no hopers like you
Old 04-10-2008, 04:49 PM
jonathang

keith will you please keep this thread going there are people like me who enjoy your build threads just so you know who i am i am the guy you gave a fod screen to you made a last year for the super bee at long marsdon why the hell do people have to be like mr dj i dont know you where one off, you was the most helpfull person i have ever come across how may people would remove ther fod screen and just give it to some one they dont realy know there realy is some sad people out there make keith scrap the build thread, keith my email is [email protected] if you send me your email i will keep in touch are you coming to elvington this weekend we have a sat/sun booked a full weekend of jet flying regards jonathna
Old 04-10-2008, 05:03 PM
Mr DJ

Jonathan

You and Keith sound like two 6 year olds—listen to your own words…

You don’t know the story behind Keith’s “nice†but nasty words stemming from another thread, so back off.

First off, not Keith, not you, not me, etc own RCU so to tell someone what to say ain’t happening here.

I said excellent words about my Man Mike—Keith had to open his mouth and attempt to spoil it. You jump in with your 2 cents and you don’t have a clue of what’s going on.

In 3 months, I’ll turn 50—a little older than you two childlike men. I was fighting in wars when you to probably were still playin with GI Joe.

You’re elementary school words do not; I say again, do not affect me in the least. So you two go right ahead and continue to curse me, call me names, whatever floats your bubble—I’m not fazed one bit.

Mr DJ
Old 04-10-2008, 05:17 PM
jonathang

[quote]ORIGINAL: Mr DJ

Jonathan

You and Keith sound like two 6 year olds—listen to your own words…

You don’t know the story behind Keith’s “nice†but nasty words stemming from another thread, so back off.

First off, not Keith, not you, not me, etc own RCU so to tell someone what to say ain’t happening here.

I said excellent words about my Man Mike—Keith had to open his mouth and attempt to spoil it. You jump in with your 2 cents and you don’t have a clue of what’s going on.

In 3 months, I’ll turn 50—a little older than you two childlike men. I was fighting in wars when you to probably were still playin with GI Joe.

You’re elementary school words do not; I say again, do not affect me in the least. So you two go right ahead and continue to curse me, call me names, whatever floats your bubble—I’m not fazed one bit.

Mr DJ
[/quote its not a play ground stuff it a fly eagle build thead you dont faze me and i dont think you faze keith either, all that sh*t i was fighting for my country s*$t dont you dont now me or my back ground so dont try it on and you dont no keiths back ground either keith it trying to do a build thread on the f15 so why dont you let him do it he is a good model builder regards jonathan
Old 04-10-2008, 06:42 PM
mikedenilin

Hi Guys,

Let's focus on building the F-15 Fly Eagles right.

MR DJ, thanks for all these wonderful words and your standing behind me and support. Keith is a great guy and is one of us. Let's have fun building our planes and fly them right. Let's discuss how we can mount some laser guns and smoke systems on our planes so we can smoke each other out over the sky. Of course we need another thread for that

Mike
Old 04-11-2008, 10:47 AM
jetmodeller

Hi Johnathan thanks for your surrport,there is always some one some were that has to spoil things for other people,yes i will be at elevingdon at the week end hope the weather is ok

DJ Just for the record i will turn 60years old at the end of the year,i have been flying models for 45years,jets for 12yrs,and i burn 400ltrs of jet fuel every year,all i was trying to do was keep the forum about giving and recieving information correct me if i am wrong but that is what the forum is all about,if you wanted to thank Mike you could PM him but to put it on all three forums in my view is really not on,but if thats what you want then cool beans man.
for anyone who might be interested i am starting a forum on the JMA web site for the FEJ F15.i just can,t put up with DICK Heads like dj regards Keith W
Old 04-11-2008, 04:18 PM
jetmodeller

Hi Mike the forum looks like it should, glad that the people at RCU can do what they have done perhaps we can get on with the building of the F15 if there is,nt any interuptions,i am going to just fix rudders with carbon pegs regards KeithW

cougarman try colchester A1 models he has a container on the way with all the FEJ models that are available,the F18a will be quite a while yet as far as i know they are still making the plugs for the moulds regards KeithW
Old 04-23-2008, 02:27 PM
jetmodeller

Hi All, at last i have got started on the F15,i have found that the flap servo needs to be raised up out of the wing as the wood cradle is to low,you could fit a longer arm but this puts more load on the servo which is a Hitec 645[flap] for ailerons i am using hitec digital5645mg 10.3 kg at 4.8volts regards Keith W

Name:	Us55227.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	935349   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lh18252.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	935350   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77457.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	935351   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni24134.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	935352  
Old 04-23-2008, 02:34 PM
USSCAT

Hi Keith,

What size engine are you going to put in the F-15? Will you be using ceramic blanket or other means to shield from engine and pipe heat?

Regards,
Mike
Old 04-23-2008, 04:24 PM
jetmodeller

Hi Mike i am going to put a booster 130 engine in it,but i think this is over the top,i am sure it would fly quite well with a P80 as it seem,s to be coming out light,i will put a ceramic paper in the top as i did this with my jet legends F15 not sure weather it really needs it but best be safe than sorry regards KeithW
Old 05-10-2008, 10:46 AM
jetmodeller

Hi All just a few pic,s of finnished FEJ F15 no problems worth a mention every thing was very straight forward flap servo had to have a piece of balsa to bring it out of the wing about 3/8 thick,finnished all up weight came out at 23lbs with 1ltr of fuel on board very good for this size of model,C/g came out spot on with batterys in front tray, will do maiden tomorrow regards Keith W

Name:	Ca82092.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	946655   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99062.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	946656   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nk27766.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	946657   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50990.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	946658  
Old 05-10-2008, 12:54 PM
USSCAT

Heith,

I am also working on my F-15, I am insatlling the Ailerons and flaps. Best wishes on your maiden.

Regards,
Mike
Old 05-11-2008, 03:25 PM
jeanfi

Hi jetmodeller,

Your F15 looks very nice with this Tiger Scheme...
Hope to have news very soon on your maiden !!!!

Jean Fi
Old 05-12-2008, 02:37 PM
sweetpea01
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've heard some good things about FEJ. Can anyone answer some questions for me?

FirstI have not owned a turbine jet yet. I've flown GS for years now and flown some EDF jets (small ones).

-How's the quality of the F-15? I've seen the yellow F-15 fly and it was impressive and nice looking upclose.

-I've heard that the yellow is very stable so would be a good first jet........is this the same?

-Anything special I need to know before I build?

-Does the FEJ have the airbrake on the hatch?

-I prefer Jetcat turbines.........what is the reccomendation here?

Also for those interested.......I checked TBM's site and the price is higher there in both cost and shipping than ordering direct from JEL. Just thought I'd let you folks know.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:39 PM
jetmodeller

Hi Sweetpea,quality on Fejets is very good,no airbrake it really is not needed with flaps,all the F15s fly very well and are easy to land,it would make a good first jet if you have enough experance on gases,a jetcat 120se would make the F15 go really well with plenty of power for endless verticals!! regards KeithW
Old 05-12-2008, 03:46 PM
jetmodeller

Hi All i have flown F15 but i have a progamming problem on my 12fg2.4 TX i have more movement on one elevater than the other i am using a mixer, my fault not radio,how ever it lead to a hairy first flight and it would not be fair to say how it flew as i did not get a chance to a do much with it,i have now sorted the problem and will try again next weekend regards KeithW
Old 05-12-2008, 06:41 PM
sweetpea01
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info Keith.......must have seen that pic on the skymaster site, not the FEJ site. Was hoping for the airbrake, for scale appearance is all.

I was thinking the 120 or the Titan (whichever I can afford first I guess) Maybe I'll look for a used motor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.