Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Pimp my Jet! BVM F-100D Canopy project

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Pimp my Jet! BVM F-100D Canopy project

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 12:11 AM
Details 4 Scale
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pimp my Jet! BVM F-100D Canopy project

Patrick,

Nice little instructional on the canopy. I just finshed your canopy sequencers tonight. Be sending them Monday along with the Autochute II Plus. No more worries about hitting the canopy switch on the transmitter by mistake. The new canopy sequencer works sweet.

Dan
Old 04-27-2008, 09:38 AM
Patrick Frost
Banned
My Feedback: (88)

Thanks Dan - I look forward to receiving those. Will keep everyone posted on how they work out.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:24 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Dan,

You sequencers look interesting, I like the wheel sensor, clever idea.

What do you do (from a design and a testing standpoint) to make sure this device don't interfere with the radio? I have made things like this in the past and I am always interested in new ideas on how to make sure they are safe.

Thanks in advance,
Old 04-28-2008, 05:25 PM
Details 4 Scale
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: mr_matt

Hi Dan,

You sequencers look interesting, I like the wheel sensor, clever idea.

What do you do (from a design and a testing standpoint) to make sure this device don't interfere with the radio? I have made things like this in the past and I am always interested in new ideas on how to make sure they are safe.

Thanks in advance,
Hey Matt,

The testing I use includes an oscilloscope test to check for noise spikes and of course practical applications test using actual radio equipment. The wheel sensor is used exclusively on the Autochute II and Canopy Sequencer units as a ground speed sensor. It just tells the units that the plane has landed and the wheel is spinning up. The sensor is a Hall effect sensor (it senses the magnetic fields created by a pair of rare earth magnets embedded in one of the main wheel's tires ). These are solid state digital sensors with no EMI. The units emit such a small amount of energy, it barely registers on an oscilloscope. Each of the units also uses it's own internal oscillator in the MCU, no Xtals so there can be no external EMI emitted from the chips. There are also several safety features built into the units in case of failure so they don't pull the radio down with them if they do fail, so from that standpoint the units are 100% safe with our R/C equipment. The units are also compatable with all the current 2.4 GHZ units in service so far. They can operate down to as low as 2V. and still do their job. By far the largest obstical to overcome was shielding my stuff from EMI created by the turbine and fuel pumps. These items can be very leaky from an interference standpoint. When kept at a minimum distance of 4" from these two items, there is no interference from them on my units. I hope this answers your questions.

Dan
Old 08-18-2008, 07:57 AM
Patrick Frost
Banned
My Feedback: (88)

Will give you guys an update on the "Details for Scale Auto Chute" and "Auto Canopy Sequencer" tonight.

-Frosty