Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jet Flying RI, CT, MA

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jet Flying RI, CT, MA

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 09:41 PM
xurifle06
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jet Flying RI, CT, MA

Im halfway through setting up my jetleged f-16 and this will be my first turbine. I belong to woodstock r/c flyers in woodstock, CT. Ive seen a few turbines fly there before. A comp arf eurosport and lightning and possibly and edwards scheme f-16. Im looking for help getting my waiver and would just like to maybe look over a shoulder on a weekend or two before mine is ready to go. if anyone can help or point me in the right direction that would be great. thanks for your help

Rich

Old 05-03-2008, 10:05 PM
FILE IFR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Jet Flying RI, CT, MA

Deleted
Old 05-04-2008, 08:48 AM
Square Nozzle
My Feedback: (1)

Deleted
Old 05-04-2008, 09:36 AM
xurifle06

Thanks for the replies. I believe thats the field that the new england jet rally was held at. Seems like an awesome place to fly jets. I went to the rally two years ago and i was hooked. Let me know when you guys are planning on meeting up as i would love to see the up-close operation before i fire mine up.

This might be a dumb question. I know you need to fly on a buddy box before you get your waiver... so you have your nice new first turbine.. would someone else maiden and then you would box on your jet? sorry if the question is confusing. thanks again

Rich
Old 05-04-2008, 10:02 AM
Meesh
My Feedback: (135)

Hey Guys, Keep me posted. I have a new Boomerang Elan I'm looking to Maiden and would like to get my waiver before Capitol Jets in July

BRG
Bob
Old 05-04-2008, 10:10 AM
Square Nozzle
My Feedback: (1)

Rich, as far as my knowledge goes, I expect that I will be on a buddy box with Jeff. He'll have the master and I the slave but I will do the takeoff, flying and landing unless I get in trouble. I don't expect to get in trouble since I'm told my R54 is a very docile flyer. Jeff will be there if I get dumb thumbs. I have been flying for over a year now with a fast, fast reacting flying wing so my reactions are in tune with the jets. If you haven't yet I suggest you tune your reflexes. Especially with the F16.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:07 AM
xurifle06

Hi John, That makes sense to me. Hoping its next weekend and not the weekend after. I gotta go to a wedding out in indiana [:'(] the weekend of the 17th. thanks for the info everyone.

Rich
Old 05-04-2008, 11:30 AM
ddennison
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys are making me homesick!
I used to fly in RI and CT (Windingbrook) mostly 40%. Have been flying jets (kingcat/f18/f22) now for a few years and always wanted to fly them back that way...maybe I will get the opportunity sometime. Glad to see you all are flying jets in CT/RI/MA.

Sincerely,
Dave Dennison
Old 05-04-2008, 12:48 PM
FILE IFR

ORIGINAL: xurifle06

This might be a dumb question. I know you need to fly on a buddy box before you get your waiver... so you have your nice new first turbine.. would someone else maiden and then you would box on your jet? sorry if the question is confusing. thanks again

Rich
You can have a turbine pilot maiden your jet if they agree AND find the aircraft to be airworthy (proper fail-safe set-up, acceptable range check, slop-free control surfaces, proper C/G and so on down the list of checks....)

To receive a waiver you don't need to have a turbine to do the flight test itself...Unless the rules have changed, a high performance ducted fan 'jet' equiped with flaps and retracts will do, An EDF foamie with paperclip sized retracts won't cut it.

You'll need this waiver application and flight syllabus with you when you are fully prepared to take the test. http://www.modelaircraft.org/PDF-files/510-D.pdf.
Until then, you may fly with an experienced turbine pilot on the training cord.

Mike T