Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Winamac Jets Over The Heartland 2008 Event!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Winamac Jets Over The Heartland 2008 Event!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 10:24 AM
Tim Redelman
My Feedback: (36)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Winamac Jets Over The Heartland 2008 Event!

Just had the spring fling and things are shapping up for the 14th annual "Winamac Jets Over the Heartland" The "Original" Fly from when you can until you can't jet meet .Wanna fly at 6:30 in the morning when the air is still, no problem wanna get that last flight in before dark, No problem again! Others will try an equal but will never surpass the laid back easy come easy go attitude of the Jets Over the Heartland Jet meet! Flying from the Saturday before till the Monday after thats TEN!, 10, ten Days of flying if you need more Bring it on! No restrictions! $40.00 dollar registration at the field no penalty for not preregistering! "FREE!" dinner Friday and Saturday night! And remember this is a Club sponsored event moneys that are taken are put back into the field not my pocket!! Donations that are made to the event are given back to the pilots with a pilots raffle after Saturday nights dinner during the awards. Pilots don't need to fly to be eligable. Support comming from Horizon Hobbies, Bob Violet Models, The Braun Corperation, Jetcat USA, Indiana Chamber of Commerce and many more! Field Improvements since last year include Re-terracing the field to acomodate pitting all the way back to the Hanger and the ability to starup wherever you are and taxi to the flightline and Takeoff!! And of course Ralph Braun will be putting on the usual Killer fireworks display in tribute to the men and women of our country that fight day and night for our wellfare and our way of life! Set your calander for the last full week in June for the best dam jet meet in the country!

Tim Redelman.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:33 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts
Default RE: Winamac Jets Over The Heartland 2008 Event!

If I could only attend one meet this is the one. It is a fantastic facility with zero obstructions.
It is all about flying from sun up to sun down, and having a great time with friends!
You won't be disappointed!
Old 05-14-2008, 10:38 AM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: R_Belluomini

If I could only attend one meet this is the one. It is a fantastic facility with zero obstructions.
It is all about flying from sun up to sun down, and having a great time with friends!
You won't be disappointed!
DITTO THAT
Old 05-14-2008, 10:49 AM
Wren Turbines USA
My Feedback: (39)

Hi Tim,

I am happy to announce that Wren Turbines USA will be hosting the Friday and Saturday meals for the pilots. This is at no cost to the club or pilots. There will be a donation box out for those that wish to donate to the WJM USA team.

Friday night will consist of BBQ chicken, jalepeno poppers and baked beans.
Saturday night will have on the menu....Steak, baked or cheesy potatoes and veggies.
Everyone participating is welcome to bring a side dish of their choice....to make it a family affair.

Wren Turbines USA is also donating a $300.00 certificate towards the purchase of a new Wren turbine.

Looking forward to seeing all of you in June.

Old 05-14-2008, 11:26 AM
Roger Shipley
My Feedback: (35)

Thanks Ron for continuing the effort to support the US Team at the JWM.
I am requesting other Event CD's to make simular efforts.
The Route 66 Club will be making another contribution after our September 4-7 Event.
The more funds we can accumulate will entice additional participants to join the team.
It should be noted that Ron is also the Assistant Team Manger.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:11 PM
saddler
My Feedback: (93)

Man i can't wait for this event! If the Winamac club had 5 jet events a year, i wouldn't miss one. (don't get any ideas Tim, i don't have enough vacation as it is!) Anyway, this is the way a jet meet should be in my opinion. It is all about flying and fellowship with your buddies. No interruptions to the flying from sun up till sun down and into the night with the fantastic addition of the night lights on the end of the hangar! Don't miss it guys, it is well worth the trip!
Old 05-14-2008, 09:27 PM
Frankie Mirandes
My Feedback: (1)

Timbo !

ALL THE WAY FROM RICO LAND Will BE THERE !

Regards to the Gang !

Frankie
Old 05-14-2008, 09:53 PM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Finally!!!!!. its Jets over the heartland season. Even though my elan has some scrapes and dings from spring fling, it will be there and flyable thanks to RB, wren turbines USA. I have been going to winny for about 2 years and I wouldnt miss one. The fireworks that Mr Braun hosts really get me going!! I appreciate the tribute to the veterans, having served 24 years myself. You better bring some extra jet fuel because you have no excuse to burn less than 5 gallons of Kero oil.

bust it hard and get those test flights in and lets get it on.

Oh, bring your night bird too. put those LED's on that slow stick and we will fly from 6am until whenever
Old 05-14-2008, 10:13 PM
Tim Redelman

Thanks to my Bud from the Mississippi gang David Reid we can fly @ night outside the hanger. I personally have flow Turbine heli's and airplanes of all sizes. Park flyers and foamies are awesome . The lack of wind and bright lights make for great flying fun!! Got a new C/L surprise comming this yaer for those who wish to get there hands on one. Hand?
Good fun if you've done it before or even if you haven't! Had lots of the Cox powered planes as a kid.

Great to here from by buddy Rico Suave'

You better bring gas for this Goose! (lame Top Gun Movie reference)

Tim
Old 05-15-2008, 08:46 AM
Doctor J.

Tim,
Jets Over The Heartland is one of the most fun events that I attend. I look forward to this year. The night action is outstanding. You guys really know how to put on a great show. My hats go off to Ralph, Tracy and Yourself for bringing this event to us another year. See you there!

John Ligons
VP AMT USA
Hitec/Multiple
Team Orion
Old 05-27-2008, 12:58 AM
TMJETCHICK

I can't wait to see everyone!!!!!!!!! Don't forget everyone,this is Indiana!!!!! Remember to bring shorts,t shirts,pants,and sweatshirts!!!! This will help cover any weather that may come our way!!!!! This will help ward away the cooler weather. No matter we will all have sooooooooooo much fun it won't matter!!!!!
Thanks!!!! Tracy
Old 05-27-2008, 01:09 AM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Tim Redelman

You better bring gas for this Goose! (lame Top Gun Movie reference)

Tim
I can produce the gas but I will bring jet fuel. [:'(] especially after dinner sat night. I will bring my camper out on thursday or early friday

sean and I got three more flights in the other day. it wasnt pretty but we got em done. I have officially gone JR now too. 9303 2.4[8D]
Old 05-27-2008, 08:10 AM
DavidR

ORIGINAL: TMJETCHICK

I can't wait to see everyone!!!!!!!!! Don't forget everyone,this is Indiana!!!!! Remember to bring shorts,t shirts,pants,and sweatshirts!!!! This will help cover any weather that may come our way!!!!! This will help ward away the cooler weather. No matter we will all have sooooooooooo much fun it won't matter!!!!!
Thanks!!!! Tracy
Dayum.... she got her own RCU login now! Looking forward to the actually doing a little more flying this year, will still have the jet dogs with me except maybe Riley might have to stay at home to take care of his girlfriend!

Be good to see Ricco Suave' again, maybe if Frances will show his face we can blow something up!

DR
Old 05-27-2008, 10:05 AM
Zagzoo
My Feedback: (28)

Any Hotel info?

Thanks

Frank
Old 05-27-2008, 10:21 AM
Jack28
My Feedback: (19)

What are te dates. I don't see it listed in the events Forum here on RCU , Thanks Jack., ........................Sorry , Just saw that its the last full week of June.
Old 05-27-2008, 02:29 PM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Event Info Here:
http://winamacaeromodelers.com/whats_new.html

Hotels are located in Rochester. Super 8 574-224-8080, Comfort Inn is next door.

This is the one event you do not want to miss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Come prepared to fly!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-27-2008, 10:38 PM
eardoc

To hell with high gas prices. The St Louis folks are coming anyway.
We're all booked up and looking forward to being in Winamac again.
This year I'll bring a sweatshirt. last year we froze.
But lighting doesn't strike twice in the same place so this year will be hot.
And maybe that's just the flying. Hot and fast.

See you there,

Alec
Old 05-28-2008, 09:24 AM
TMJETCHICK

Good to hear!!!! There is no use complaining about what you cannot control!! We have to have fun!!!!!!
Old 05-28-2008, 10:21 AM
rcjet lynch

Tim

I would like to fly it, I promise not to crash it on the first flight dont know about the second one.[sm=75_75.gif]
Old 05-28-2008, 01:58 PM
banditarf robert

tim can i fly the control line and use a swivel chair to spin and circles
Old 05-28-2008, 09:45 PM
Tim Redelman

We could put a lazyboy out there with a speed control spinning the chair. You guys try it first though!

Tim Redelman
Old 05-28-2008, 10:55 PM
Tim Redelman

June . LOL!

Tim

winamacaeromodelers.com Has Hotel and map info. Think theres a new Holiday Inn Express in Logansport.

I'll ask Tracy to get the number if its not on the site.

Entry Fee will be $40.00

PM me for a tent rental and to discuss availability and coast. Just be aware that as time goes by there will be people getting tents that will be set up in front of yours down the flightline And about six are spoken for in the tent grandfather system. But the good news its possible to pit all the way up to the hanger this year and startup in front of your own pit and taxi to the flightline. As long as you have YOUR OWN fire extinquisher present for startup.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:44 PM
Tim Redelman

Camping will be available on the west side only of the taxiway back to the hanger. Ralph is trying to get some more electric but there is only a limited supply. The hanger only has a 50amp service and that is not to say "Cool we have 50 amps to divy up" We still need juice for the chargers and lights etc...... The building next to the hanger belongs to the Power of the Past and is not ours to use other than for storage. In the past folks have used the hanger electric and then ran their a/c all day when there out flying. It would be nice since in the past there has been NO charge for this if people would turn on the a/c later in the day and try to share a little. Ralph is looking into some remote hookup posts that will be tapped into the Power of the Pasts side of the building but this has not yet been determined. Even so the additional amperage will only be about 200amps. And there may be a small charge$$. I have heard that a typical motorhome a/c will pull about 18amps. The reason for keeping the campers on the west side of the taxiway is so tents that are rented can be all the way up to the hanger so startup and taxi to the hanger would be an option. Also if the is additional hookups they will be on the west side of the building. I would like to keep the hanger accesible with some room to spare on the west side of the driveway at least to the first access door to the Power side of the building. Hope this works out and I'll keep you posted on this the Official thread for the 2008 J.O.H. Kero is available at several gas stations around Winamac and is always of top quality. BP gas station on the north side of town on route 35 is where I buy Ours. Last week it was $100.00 for 25 gallons. Be sure to bring Turbine oil and plan on burning ALOT of fuel! Of course feel free to bring your own generator too! Gasoline is always available!!! PM me with any questions and I will also be ordering tents very soon so if you want one pm me soon. And one other thing camping is FIRST COME FIRST SERVED! Your all my friends,,,, at least I think so,,,,, So don't call me and say "Come on buddy save me a spot" I just can't do that. Get here earlier and lets burn some fuel!!!

Tim.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:07 PM
Tim Redelman

Just recieved a box today from F.T.E. Lots O Glue and donation for Awards!!!!! Thanks Frank!!!

Also:

Jet Central will provide a $500.00 gift certificate toward the purchase of any of our 6 turbines currently in production. You may use this as you see fit. Thanks Eric Clapp!!!!

Tim.

Old 06-02-2008, 09:37 PM
Tim Redelman

Make sure to bring some after hrs aircraft. Foamys whatever. T-28 from Horizon Hobbies seems to be the prefered mount @ the events latley. Park flyers whatever, two more lights from David Reid this year means the fun NEVER stops.

Tim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.