Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

• CA Jets 2008 The Movie •

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

• CA Jets 2008 The Movie •

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 09:31 PM
Dave Presta
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: • CA Jets 2008 The Movie •

ORIGINAL: Gordon Mc

I think I heard that Paul used Dougie's B-ARF "serrated knife-edge" pass instead, because it was WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY faster.

Hey Gordon, maybe next year Paul might throw in one of your childhood photo's in the closing credits?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35315.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	959904  
Old 05-29-2008, 10:39 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry - that couldn't be me since it's the wrong tartan. My clan is "McDonald, Lord of the Isles" : http://www.lindaclifford.com/MacDonLOI.html
Old 05-29-2008, 10:58 PM
Dave Presta
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Gordon Mc

Sorry - that couldn't be me since it's the wrong tartan. My clan is "McDonald, Lord of the Isles" : http://www.lindaclifford.com/MacDonLOI.html
In dumb American, I believe that translates into "Homeboy's wearing the wrong skirt"
Old 05-29-2008, 11:03 PM
GSR
My Feedback: (145)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I found Prestas Tartan. "McDonalds Lord of the Quarter Pounder"
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jg14046.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	959957  
Old 05-30-2008, 08:27 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome video and the best so far IMO. The thing I like about Paul's videos is that my non jet flying homies get all excited about model jets from watching the video.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:27 PM
mav5252

6-5-08
Hi Paul,

Wow again, you continue to outdo yourself year after year. Ca-Jets-08 is another well-crafted masterpiece in the RC movie genre. Your body of work continues to fly high.

Most RC movies I can barley watch all the way through, if at all, yet your movies I watch over and over again, often before I go to the flight field. I get that adrenalin button pushed which is present in all of your movies and done so with different themes in every flick. That’s why we keep coming back for more. I find your movies facilitates improvement in my own jet sorties. So, thank you for that. I’m sure others would agree.

Your attention to details makes the difference. We the audiences don’t see or know how you do it all but it all adds up a smooth professional movie. To bad we only get one a year.

Regarding the soundtrack it seems that the music was made for the movie exclusively. Great choices, cool beats and perfect lyrics.

Some of my favorite spots are Joe C. getting smoke slimed and the next clip showing the F-15 bad dog wagging it’s tail rudders in cockiness. Cool combo. Got a good laugh!

I also liked the jets whooshing effect at the beginning, you really captured the essence of speed there. The superimposing F-4 graphic over the runway moving was nice and tight but long enough to enjoy, hope to see more of that in the future.

And the F-15 hard landing where the fwd gear tears off and followed up with“ooooh” was perfect. I liked the gong sequences too; they all work well even to the very end! However, I would of liked to see a few more seconds of the hottie walking away ☺

It was nice to see the listing of the music credits this year. I was the one who requested that after last years 07 movie.

Many thanks to all the pilots that weekend who really showed the folks what is so cool about these model jets. You all put on a great show and proved why you guys are the Best in the West. All of you really know how to put on a primo RC event spectacle. Likewise, thank you all for welcoming me into your world and displaying your hospitality at the Buttonwillow premier over Memorial Day weekend. You guys show a lot of class.

Paul. Thank you for allowing me to join in and shoot that fun weekend and I’m honored and humbled to have you use some of my footage in your classic. I’ve only known you for two months, but I feel as though I’ve known you for twenty years, so here’s to a long lasting friendship and many good shooting days ahead.

All the Best, Mike Anderson

P.S. Oh, and thank you in advance for your tutelage while I cut
“The Willow08”movie.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:08 PM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the nice compliments Mike. I have enjoyed our discussions and am happy to be able to lend a hand to someone as dedicated and focussed on "doing it right" as yourself.
Many fun times ahead, I'm sure.
Paul