Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

bv packs it in ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

bv packs it in ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 02:52 PM
smokin-gun
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bv packs it in ?

according to his web site he left p-o'd after only 2 flights at SEFF.
wonder what the issues were?[sm=confused.gif]
Old 05-15-2008, 03:06 PM
c/f
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: bv packs it in ?

Not allowed to criss cross the entire skyline? my guess, Jeff Meyers was tough on anyone flying outside of boundary specific areas. He even gets on the microphone calling you out inflight and has no regard to who it is.

Seff is not really laid out well for e-jets, if you keep to the boudaries at 200MPH your pretty much the only one going to be seeing it. Sort of being at the INDY 500 on the straight away and your 2 second looksie..............

Thats my .0 having been their for 5 days straight.... will be interesting none the less.......
Old 05-15-2008, 03:27 PM
smokin-gun

well that seems reasonable that you have to fly in the promoters specified boundries.

c/f , you must have enjoyed if you stayed 5 days

on the bv web site he aludes to the death of seff now that he is pissed .
supposedly like the death of jets over deland .
i always had a great time at deland and as i understood deland died a death due to the altitude ceiling and the growth of turbine models it was not a good site anymore in the corner where they had us flying .
all you other event promoters better watch out , because if you p off the man , your event will die according to the bv website
Old 05-15-2008, 03:57 PM
c/f

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

SEFF continues to grow leaps and bounds, last year 380 pilots, this year, 450 pilots. It will only grow given it's targeted group of which Jeff Meyers is keen on protecting their interests. Not to mention its held at MAC HODGES feild of dreams. Robert Belliumo?? was there the whole time I believe as well flying his JEPE models.

SEFF will hit the 500+ pilots next year without uncle bob I'm quite certain................It is now being described as a pilgrimage versus an event........I concurr, a week for me next year.

As a side note, IMHO, UB's other credible industry resource is CASTLE CREATIONS as they too were a no show to the largest electric gathering in the world given how many of their products where in use this explains it for me.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:09 PM
smokin-gun

WOW!
18 pages of post's at rc groups of guys telling what a great time they had and the discussion was started by the event person - jeff- who was in charge,
he was asking for comments about the event. and 99 % positive
maybe the bvm jets were not the show stoppers they are at some other events .
the event sure seems strong to me!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-15-2008, 04:42 PM
Airforce7
My Feedback: (31)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I don't think I'd want to fly my jet at this event either. Doesn't look as though it's geared towards jets with the way the pattern for landing is setup. I wonder what went down between the event coordinator and Bob.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89057.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	950025  
Old 05-15-2008, 05:22 PM
gregg f
My Feedback: (20)

[link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=864298]Here's the thread[/link]
Old 05-15-2008, 06:00 PM
smokin-gun

that is not the comments and suggestions thread
Old 05-15-2008, 06:13 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Seems BV is getting pretty wound up about a lot of things these days. Wonder what's going on behind the scenes.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:18 PM
smokin-gun

if you read all the diff post's and threads on rc groups , it seems as though bv made a bad impressoin of jet pilots at the event and was not following the rules for the flightline.
hopefully that was not the case.
jets don't need any neg press ,- even the dust busters.
as they say in the sports ad's about being a role model when you are high profile
Old 05-15-2008, 06:20 PM
uncljoe
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

G Kerr Jr

I could care less what happens at a mass electric fly in.....450 pilots that must have been a real Chinese fire drill or cluster F#@k. Also It's been my observation that you have some kind of vendetta against BV or do you just like to stir the pot. Fire away Flame suit on.
Semper Fi
Joe
Old 05-15-2008, 06:36 PM
GSR
My Feedback: (145)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Joe couldnt agree more- you know ole G. Jr. had his feelers hurt over the F-86 wheel thingey. Scotty
Old 05-15-2008, 06:38 PM
smokin-gun

seems to me the electro guys think seff is a great event and so did bv - that is why he traveled there to show his wares.he got digruntled during his flying .
if he thought it was unsafe or -a bad enviorment he would not have unloaded or flew.

yeah, i get tired of the bv stuff taking up time ,at most all events - for example at topgun we sat thru 3 or more diff bv jets being demoed daily and 2 or more of them were not even scale products.
maybe the seff guys were not impressed and maybe he did not follow the rules - but i doubt his not going back is going to hurt seff as his website indicates-

facts are facts joe
Old 05-15-2008, 06:43 PM
smokin-gun

yeah scott he was a nasty sob to me over a part i was trying to buy and treated me like **** after being a 15 year exclusve customer.
so i don't doubt he was a less than charming pilot/vendor if he was not getting his usual special treatment
Old 05-15-2008, 06:48 PM
Patrick Frost
Banned
My Feedback: (88)

Kerr Jr - Dry your tears and change your Princess panties.............everything will be okay. I dont give a damn about some electric Event anyway! Now............................where the hell is my 12X radio?
Old 05-15-2008, 07:10 PM
KHORTON

I went last year for the first time. It is a great event for most flyers but it is totally unsuitable for larger jets, even some of the smaller HET type faster jets. The runway at that end is really not that smooth and the flying area is way too small. There is also way too much traffic in the air. I'm saving my gas money for the electric jet event at HOH this year.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:28 PM
smokin-gun

patrick - you had better scedule some demo time at the gateway for my skymaster jets f86 or i will cast a voodoo spell on you and park next to you at winamac and leave my black water tank slightly dripping to create a wonderfull pooh pool for you!
Old 05-15-2008, 07:39 PM
Patrick Frost
Banned
My Feedback: (88)

Kerr Jr- Did you say Pooh cause I smell it already! [:'(] Hope you guys can make it to the Event cause we need somebody to make fun of this year. I am willing to hand launch your Sabre if you will let me. (hope to see you and Dad..............well maybe just your Dad) just kidding
Old 05-15-2008, 08:03 PM
uncleTom
My Feedback: (30)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well it won't be the first time over the years (himself) has gotten his panties in a wad!
Old 05-15-2008, 08:03 PM
smokin-gun

well i can't take it anymore i have to say it-

DON"T YOU ALL THINK IT IS IRONIC BV IS COMPLAINING ABOUT HOW HE WAS TREATED ??????????????????

this is the whole reason for my post
Old 05-15-2008, 09:26 PM
Kriptonic69

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SEFF is one event I will stay away from, I would consider saying that it is not worth the effort to go there to be swarmed by hundreds of pilot's who fly in a pattern that gives you no room........ at least at the AZ electric fest is more High Powered EDF Friendly, you can fly as far and as fast as you want, plus they let the EDF guys put on a Noon Time Demo, which this past January was Fun to do (thou I was Hung the F*^K Over Flying my CBM A-10 durring the demo).

Gene
Old 05-16-2008, 05:52 AM
rcpete2

how about the people who wanted to BVM stuff fly?
Old 05-16-2008, 06:54 AM
TED ANTON
My Feedback: (7)

Hey Pete

Put down the bottle for a few seconds and try that again #$%@&%$# ???????
PS you should check the mirror theres alittle brown stuff on your nose you should wipe off
( sorry I couldn't resist)

Your Pal

Ted
Old 05-16-2008, 07:44 AM
Synthetic

ORIGINAL: rcpete2

how about the people who wanted to BVM stuff fly?

If and I say "if" he wasn't following the rules.. Does it really matter who he is or what he is flying?

Old 05-16-2008, 08:45 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Ok guys I was standing 25 feet behind BV and saw it unfold.
It was BV's first flight as they got there late (4:00 pm). The sport area was busy as it was the best time of the day to fly.
BV was asked to move his flight path further out as his upwind line would take to the back edge of the center flying area.
The air boss asked him to angle his flight path further out. I think BV was trying to adjust his flight path but it is hard to judge the angle. The air boss made a second request that could have been handled differently and BV reacted to being yelled at while flying his jet as ANY of us would have. I think the whole situation could have been managed better if the air boss would have quietly asked BV's spotter, Dustin to advise BV that he was flying along the back side of adjacent flight space. Remember the back side of the flight space was over 200 feet from the pilot stations so I'm not sure what the REAL issue was.

In BV's defense I'm sure after driving 8 hours and then during his first flight that was made within 30 minutes of his arrival he was somewhat caught off guard. I also think BV could have reacted differently too.

If you have never been to Mac Hodge's field you cannot appreciate has nice the facility is. At any event that has this many pilots there is always a risk of flying with this many people in the air.

BV did not ask for exclusive air space, he flew with the masses and for that I give him credit.

I was looking forward to see the F-80 fly and then seeing the 16S and 12S Electra's fly side by side.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.