Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

bv packs it in ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

bv packs it in ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 03:48 PM
smokin-gun
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: bv packs it in ?

that is as in bvm pep club!

THANKS MIKE SEEMS AS THOUGH FACTS ARE FACTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-16-2008, 03:51 PM
westwind two
My Feedback: (1)

It is rare when I post on the net but guys like you need to let it go. You have been on this attack for some time now and it serves no purpose but to create trashing of someone or someones product. I have been a rep for BVM since 1986 and my opinion has first class products that alot of copy and use his engineering to call their own. It is a shame this technology we have called the internet to some people has been their source to create havoc.

Dave Malchione
BVM REP
Old 05-16-2008, 03:55 PM
smokin-gun

dave read post #50 and then maybe one day you to will feel the disrespect of bv and then maybe your feelings will change.
yes he does make great products and has set the bar for some time now but his actions as of late are certainly worth a thousand words.

gerry kerr jr. bvm customer for 15 years!!!!!!!!!!! till this year
Old 05-16-2008, 03:56 PM
Erik R
My Feedback: (32)

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

G Kerr,

I don't know you,but you seem to have quite a chip on your shoulder.I do know Dave,and Pete,and they are gentlemen,and always a class act.I have seen them many times at rallies drop what they are doing to help people,and have never heard them speak badly about anyone,regardless of their personal opinions.They are always out flying some of the nicest jets I have seen,and take an active role in promoting,and supporting this aspect of our hobby.If you notice,neither posts here much,despite many years active in the hobby.It must be frustrating for them to read the continuous dirt digging in this thread.

Point is,no one in this thread knows what really transpired,and why BV left,and frankly it's none of our business.I respectfully suggest that you direct your efforts in a more productive direction.I believe the mods should close this thread.

Erik
610-554-7455
Old 05-16-2008, 03:57 PM
smokin-gun

wow bob -did you drink too much kool-aid ?,
seems the event staff saw things quite differently huh?

erik kindly read post #50 thank you
Old 05-16-2008, 04:01 PM
westwind two

Why do you care about BVM so much to keep track of his every move he makes...It was between BV and SEFF....NOT YOU
Old 05-16-2008, 04:12 PM
skyhawknut
My Feedback: (3)

That would be true Dave - but I think the point here (which has probably been lost a few pages back) is BV made it public with the very poorly worded post that is on the front page of his website.

Regardless of who said what...........BV posted a very flamatory page on his website - which got people talking.

I don't know why every post has the "he can do no wrong" club and the "he does everything wrong" club. Clearly every story has 3 sides.................I suspect the truth lies somewhere inbetween.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:14 PM
smokin-gun

THANK YOU SKYHAWKNUT you get it!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-16-2008, 04:36 PM
uncljoe
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

G Kerr ... What has this thread accomplish ? and please tell me what it has to do with Jets ?
Semper Fi
Joe
Old 05-16-2008, 05:04 PM
Mike Parsons

ORIGINAL: skyhawknut

That would be true Dave - but I think the point here (which has probably been lost a few pages back) is BV made it public with the very poorly worded post that is on the front page of his website.

Regardless of who said what...........BV posted a very flamatory page on his website - which got people talking.

I don't know why every post has the "he can do no wrong" club and the "he does everything wrong" club. Clearly every story has 3 sides.................I suspect the truth lies somewhere inbetween.
I believe your right. Had BV not posted anything publicly it would have never been made public. There was no talk about it for two weeks after the event until the question was asked on RCG regarding the note on the BVM site.

My point on posting here is simply to put some of the facts out there. There will always be advocates of BV's and enemies as with any company. The simple fact is that Bob bowed up, challenged authority and was called on his bluff. This in no way discredits his products nor his efforts in the hobby. Both of which are applaudable. It does however speak to the man himself. This instance proved that the man and event are not a match made in heaven and shouldnt be shaken nor stirred again.

I have been a jet enthusiast since I have been in this hobby and plenty of EDF'ers promoted the hobby well during the event. Bob Belluomini, Chris True, Corsair Nut and a few others put on a great show as always and are those that have earned respect. They are who many (including myself) look forward to seeing every year.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:08 PM
Jet Lag
My Feedback: (26)

I think the thread is worthwhile.I can appreciate why BV'S reps back him and I also have great respect for what BV has done for the hobby.I have also flown his products for 15 years and still do,but I cannot rationalize his behavior as of late.He will continue to produce excellant products,but is turning a lot of potential customers away with his outbursts to fellow modelers and employees(read former employees).[]
Old 05-16-2008, 05:15 PM
Mike Parsons

I was asked to see this, so I am posting a photo that was up for pilots (and I believe it was in the pilot package) to show the flight patterns.

It is an overlay of Mac's field with the field layout.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	If10736.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	950542  
Old 05-16-2008, 05:41 PM
DanSavage
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: westwind two
It is a shame this technology we have called the internet to some people has been their source to create havoc.
Dave Malchione
BVM REP
No offense, Dave, but it was BV, himself who started this havoc with the post on his web site. The vast majority of us would never have know about this incident had he not fired the opening salvo.

Dan
Old 05-16-2008, 10:57 PM
c/f

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Too funny but true, another first hand account posted:

Old 05-16-2008, 11:46 PM
Dustin Buescher

ORIGINAL: R_Belluomini

BV had it out with Jeff at the center of field and I was not present for that conversation.

WRONG.... I was there. Jeff had it out for BV. Bob never had a chance when he came to the event. Nobody wants to be barked at while they are trying to land their plane, foamy or jet, period.

There where two Electra flights done by BVM, bob's and mine. Bob was in trouble with Jeff for both, until I told Jeff that I flew the second flight. Jeff must not have been watching the flights...

I have never seen anyone be so disrespectful in my life, I am happy to say it was not Bob Violett. I was speachless after Jeff was finished with Bob.

Jeff would not let Bob or I talk. The man appeared to enjoy telling bob he did not know how to fly and a few other cutting comments. Jeff told me a committee of fellow electric pilots was formed to help BVM leave SEFF. Unfortunately nobody actually helped us load the trailer... Jeff was very insulting to Bob and I, mostly Bob. He commented that some of Bob's employees were basically not smart, and "we just don't get it".

After the BVM crew left, I stayed and hung out for Saturday. I counted many times other planes, jets, wings, ect broke the great orange cone line. One time I was speaking with Jeff and I pointed out an infringement by another EDF, all he said was "I didn't see anything".

I wish the people who despise BV could spend a day with me, and then they would see the real Bob Violett, not the person described in these internet chat rooms.

Old 05-17-2008, 12:05 AM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well said Dustin.
Old 05-17-2008, 12:36 AM
Kriptonic69

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are allways 3 sides to the story, Person A's side, Person B's side, and The Internets Side.............

All this Bad mouthing of BV makes me want to go out and buy and Electra.

Gene
Old 05-17-2008, 12:47 AM
westwind two

It must be working...He is selling a ton of them
Old 05-17-2008, 05:04 AM
rcpete2

thanks Dustin,its the same people all the time,they like to gossip,any one who knows Dustin knows he would not fabricate such a story. you people need to focus on something more construtive,perhaps a soap opera with the ladies,let me get in your face when your flying,shut this thing down.
Old 05-17-2008, 06:55 AM
jentres
My Feedback: (4)

Dustin and Dave,

You guys coming to Fentress I hope? Is BV coming? I will never go to SEFF again. Seems like cutting edge technology is not
welcome there.

Tres
Old 05-17-2008, 08:06 AM
c/f

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Interesting first person perspective Dustin, Thanx for posting. No finer BVM pilot, honest, truthfull, agendaless, and all around stand up modler who builds his own stuff to world class competiton level than Dustin B. #1 class act in my book.................

Dustins words describing Jeffs unique style of communication skills can be almost ver batam verbage in Jeffs own postings style @ RCG if you do a search of his nik.

Dustin?,

Please tell me you chose not to fly within the boundaries versus a lack of skill level to comply? Without even knowing any details my first gut post reaction was unsafe, flight line grandstanding is gonna get your balls busted @ SEFF with no regard to hobby/wealth status, Horizon has been getting raked over the coals as well POST SEFF.......

Any chance you can do a lighting system on the ELECTRA, this will give you the entire field and entire flight line, unlimited once nighfall.
Old 05-17-2008, 01:01 PM
Gordito Volador

Dustin,

Thanks for posting your account of this incident. This along with Bob B.'s account sets it straight for me. I missed SEFF this year for the first time since they have been having it at Macs, because of a family emergency, now I'm glad that I did. Next year I'll find somewhere else to go. BTW Kay's gonna buy me a Camo Electra ARF for my birthday for sure now.

Best Regards, Bill
Old 05-17-2008, 07:38 PM
RicVaughn

Dustin,

Funny how 8 to 10 other pilots who were there saw things completely different than you. It was verified that the BVM EDF was in the 3D area. That's 1300 feet, a quarter mile, from where it was to be flown. To do this required the plane to be behind the flight line. Thus violating the AMA safety rules. Everyone seems to talk about pilot skill, therefore it is only possible to be there by flying counter to all flight rules. Also, I think you said you flew one of the planes. Did you attend the pilot meeting, or did you get a briefing from a flight line boss as to the flight rules BEFORE you flew? Also, doesn't it strike you odd that there were 448 pilots there and only one was asked to leave.

As for cutting edge technology, I had my unlimited glider there. It's the latest in a series of gliders that I have won four National Electric Sailplane Championships.

Ric
Old 05-17-2008, 07:48 PM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ric,
I don't feel it's as much about whether or not patterns were broken but how people treat other people.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:23 PM
RicVaughn

How would you feel if your plane that was flying a quarter mile away was taken out by the EDF? The AMA doesn't care about feeling when insurance claims are involved. I really don't think there is any question weather the plane was in the right area or not. Just the actions that followed.

Ric

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.