Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Where is Michael Hicks of WingmanRC

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Where is Michael Hicks of WingmanRC

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 11:29 AM
Peter A
My Feedback: (34)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where is Michael Hicks of WingmanRC

Does anybody know where Michael Hicks of Wingman RC is?
I have a full cockpit ordered and paid for from him for months now.
His telephone numbers on file indicate that he is not accepting calls on one number and the other number is disconnected.
My emails to him remain unanswered.

He has my money and my UPS account to ship but unfortunately, he is nowhere to be found.

Thanks
Peter

Old 05-19-2008, 01:12 PM
twax4real

Default RE: Where is Michael Hicks of WingmanRC

Hrm, I've been getting responses to emails from him, but maybe that's because I was talking to him about having a cockpit done. I haven't send a check yet, and based on this, am wondering if I should. I'd hate to send a couple hundred bucks to the abyss.

Old 05-22-2008, 01:59 AM
flyjay77

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BE Very carfull dealing with him. I would wait till I saw something before I gave any money. this has happend to many times in the past. if you get somethign great ! it will be one of the nices pilots you will ever see , if you ever see it . please dot speak of me but you might want to try 618-610-5477 , I wish you all the best of luck . I am not responsable for any dealings or past history just hate to see people get burned .
Old 05-22-2008, 11:47 AM
kkn
My Feedback: (3)

Hi Peter,

Yesterday I recieved an e mail from him with some photos after enquiring about a Tucano cockpit some time ago. I replied by asking him to explain these threads on RCU about him. Have not recieved an answer. Will let you know if I hear anything from him.

best regards

Joseph
Old 05-22-2008, 07:30 PM
Peter A
My Feedback: (34)

Actually I received a PM from his friend on RCU and he gave me a telephone numbere to use.
I called him and he indicated that the cockpit is ready to ship today.

I will advise when I get it.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:58 PM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

he is great at cockpits. i have seen his work, just hope he gets things sorted out. barry
Old 05-22-2008, 11:04 PM
wingmaniac

This Is Michael Hicks replying to the e-mails. I admit and apologize to the customers who have been waiting way to long for their products. Especially the tucano people . I am presently skirting around bankruptcy, have been recovering from some serious health issues,... and have been feverishly working to complete the backlog owed you. I have decided to hand over my company to a qualified manager( Bruce Maxwell (618-795-8994) who will guarantee all future orders and commitments. I am going to be more or less working for him as design, developer, and QC monitor. I ask for your patience and forgiveness if my business failings have caused you hardship with your orders. I want to be able to provide you with the best possible
products...in the most proffessional manner...even if it means totally stepping out of the picture to do so. Again I apologize and hope to show signs of rectification in these matters ASAP.
Sincerely, Michael Hicks
Old 05-23-2008, 10:53 AM
tamjets
My Feedback: (2)

Mike,
Hope you not forget the order lists I had. Call me and give me an update either way.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:44 AM
wingmaniac

Here is a revised status of Wingman R/C Products. Last night I made statements to the fact that I was turning the company over to Bruce Maxwell and Stepping down. After re thinking my statement...In actuality I wish to amend that statement to the fact that I still run the company and Bruce assist with "off- loading" areas of overload in the production of parts. I've been wearing to many hats in these sub production /manufacturing which in turn has damaged my efforts to meet schedules and deadlines. Each cockpit and pilot I make is hand made and very detail oriented. This does lend for delivery /scheduling screw ups..... but I'm learning!

We are solvent as a company (dispite my personal life). Issues such as unrealistic time frame & delivery are changed and corrected. Company's who market our cockpits are to be in no way subject or effected by any more prolonged delays..... and past promises will be kept.

The goal now is to make good on what was just said....I guarantee it.
My wingman e-mail is still [email protected] ....my current phone is on 24/7
618-601-5477 call me if you need further re assurance. A web site will re-emerge very soon.
Sincerely,
Michael Hicks

Old 10-22-2008, 05:24 PM
twax4real

This guy is still nothing more than a con man. He's had my payment for a custom cockpit for 5 months now. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but he's only jerked me around for 5 months. He's told me on two different occasions that he shipped my cockpit, but can never produce a tracking number.

Be warned. Do NOT do business with this guy. he WILL rip you off.

Old 10-25-2008, 01:30 PM
kurtseiter
My Feedback: (41)

Count me one of the victims!

Still waiting on a Budman Pilot that I paid for over a year ago!

Old 10-25-2008, 02:00 PM
mando
My Feedback: (1)

Still owes me $20 bucks for a Mcbreakfast of 2 yrs. ago
Old 10-25-2008, 04:56 PM
E.N.T.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Guys, I ordered my L-39 cockpit through CAMLEX. They are very resposible people. Monica and Dante will
respond inmediately. Mine was done in 3 weeks. Beautiful work.
BUT PLEASE do it not directly through him.

Hector
Old 10-25-2008, 07:35 PM
wingmaniac

For all those concerned about ordering direct from Wingman let me set the record straight about the latest dissatisfied customers.
For several onths I mean several months I attempted to order cockpit parts for the one customers F-14 Jetmart Cockpit.
Iwas unable to produce even one response from JetMart to get a cockpit tub....I told the customer this on several occasions..and at one time asked if he wanted to proceed..he said he was in no hurry .yeah go ahead.
Well I gave up trying to get a tub so I contacted the customer building the Avonds kit and requested a
copy of the plans to create my own....Getting those from this customertook several weeks, by the time I received his plans I was able to find a cockpit tub form for the kit and proceeded to build it. Though I
took longer than expected he's got his cockpit enroute (should arrive tuesday). He never returned a phone call since the first attempt at shipping when I had to make an adjustment to the rear pilot's height to fit right.
It was also dropped and damaged , but completely repaired..
I may be slow but I do stand behind my work...And I strive to do the best at making these products the best on the market.

[b][b]As for the person saying I owe him for food...get a life.
I did all the leg work to convince and push to get their flying club location with their city approved with the mayor and city council and designed their club logo..and didn't charge a penny or ask of anything.I think it's worth a Big mac for me and my son.

As for the Budman man... He's getting a free Jim Leroy pilot and a full refund for his Budman pilot ..
After 2 failed attempts and twice the expense of what its worth to make just one off pilot ..It just didn't work and was too costly to produce for just one sale.

Whether it's through Camlex or not.... I make it. Yes I'm slow but you will get an imppecable piece of work when it comes.
I do admit my response times had been lacking but ...that was then this now. All I can do is my best...if not order it through Camlex.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:28 AM
E.N.T.

Wingmaniac: Hi! this is Dr. Armaiz from San Juan, Puerto Rico.
I cannot say anything about you or your work. IT IS EXCELLENT.
And the time you took to build my cockpit was real fast. That's why
I'll be ordering another for a Feibao Hawk very soon.
Thanks

Dr. Armaiz ( Hector).
Old 10-27-2008, 02:15 PM
baron-noir

Where can anyone see some of his work ? Website ?
Old 10-27-2008, 03:59 PM
E.N.T.

baron-noir, just go to the JetLegend forum and see some photos in page 38. That's my cockpit.

Hector
Old 10-27-2008, 06:53 PM
twax4real

ORIGINAL: wingmaniac

For all those concerned about ordering direct from Wingman let me set the record straight about the latest dissatisfied customers.
For several onths I mean several months I attempted to order cockpit parts for the one customers F-14 Jetmart Cockpit.
Iwas unable to produce even one response from JetMart to get a cockpit tub....I told the customer this on several occasions..and at one time asked if he wanted to proceed..he said he was in no hurry .yeah go ahead.
Well I gave up trying to get a tub so I contacted the customer building the Avonds kit and requested a
copy of the plans to create my own....Getting those from this customertook several weeks, by the time I received his plans I was able to find a cockpit tub form for the kit and proceeded to build it. Though I
took longer than expected he's got his cockpit enroute (should arrive tuesday). He never returned a phone call since the first attempt at shipping when I had to make an adjustment to the rear pilot's height to fit right.
It was also dropped and damaged , but completely repaired..
I may be slow but I do stand behind my work...And I strive to do the best at making these products the best on the market.

[b][b]As for the person saying I owe him for food...get a life.
I did all the leg work to convince and push to get their flying club location with their city approved with the mayor and city council and designed their club logo..and didn't charge a penny or ask of anything.I think it's worth a Big mac for me and my son.

As for the Budman man... He's getting a free Jim Leroy pilot and a full refund for his Budman pilot ..
After 2 failed attempts and twice the expense of what its worth to make just one off pilot ..It just didn't work and was too costly to produce for just one sale.

Whether it's through Camlex or not.... I make it. Yes I'm slow but you will get an imppecable piece of work when it comes.
I do admit my response times had been lacking but ...that was then this now. All I can do is my best...if not order it through Camlex.
Blah blah blah... excuses excuses excuses...

You are such a liar Michael. We spoke many times on the phone, and I was very patient with you until you told me it shipped, and then quit responding to my emails when it never arrived. Two weeks later, you again said it shipped. Again you lied, and it never showed up. Finally after I posted on here, you sent me a FedEx tracking number, and said it was on its way. Guess what. The tracking number wasn't valid. The next day you make up yet another excuse, and send it via USPS. For what it's worth. It did FINALLY arrive today, but in a few pieces. It's sad that I had to post on here to get it shipped to me finally. There were three separate times when you told me it had shipped, when it had in fact not been shipped. You are a liar, plain and simple. After all that, you are right.. I'm no longer taking your calls. It's pointless, because I can't believe a word that comes out of your mouth. I also prefer email communication when dealing with guys like you, as emails are much better evidence to hand over to IC3 and other appropriate agencies.

it's not the wait that pisses me off. Its you lying to me repeatedly about shipping it. At one point you even told me you weren't going to ship it to me because of some other business that has nothing to do with you. This was two weeks AFTER the first time it had supposedly shipped. You also told me that you were mistaken and actually shipped someone Else's cockpit and told me by mistake, and then you told another party that you actually sent my cockpit, but it got returned to you. So which is it? You can't even keep your damn story straight from one day to the next.

I'll admit your cockpits are nice, but I for one will never be dealing with you again, and I recommend nobody else does either.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:29 PM
mando

As for the person saying I owe him for food...get a life.
There's no need to be burning bridges if hard times hit.
Great things can be said about the quality of your work, I've often thought I would like to include some of your work in every model I build, but........your discipline for communication skills could use drastic improvement for a healthy business and personal life.

BTW....that was a "Ditch'n" Logo you designed!

As for the "All the leg work" thing, When all was said and done to finalize the deal for the flying club location , we pretty well had to convey to the board and Mayor that you were out of the picture, totality.

If you want to call the "loan" from me to you even on your terms, so be it.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:55 AM
Gonzalo38

Old 02-24-2010, 10:47 PM
FlyingboyD
My Feedback: (51)

Hello,
His last address was:

Michael Hicks
218 South 15th St.
Mt. Vernon, Illinois

New email address:  [email protected]

This man has finally pushed the wrong button.
He owes me and our company over $3000 and has 7 angry cockpit customers he left High and dry many abroad.
He was our creator for the CamLex/Wingman JL cockpits.

DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH THIS MAN. He is Poison.
I helped him through all his fake sob stories of his health and Yadda Yadda Yadda.
I was told to beware, but after working with him for 3 years I figured we were at a point of honesty and integrity...
I know you are all saying "I TOLD YOU SO" Yes you were ALL right. 

He kept my cockpits. And even a Jet he was suposed to paint.
IF anyone sees him at any show anywhere please let us know. This has gone too far. he has to be held accountable.
He should be in jail. I heard he was going Bankrupt so did his son. I can't reclaim my losses and after building this cockpit line from the ground up,
I am just sick about losing everything I put so much money and time into.

I hope this helps someone find him...

AND MIKE IF YOU ARE READING THIS...............I HAVE ONE WORD FOR YOU ...............KARMA............

Thank You!  for everyone who tried to tell me.
M.
CamLex Enterprises

CamLex "KEEPS YOU FLYING"
Old 02-24-2010, 10:53 PM
FlyingboyD
My Feedback: (51)

Hello,
His last address was:

Michael Hicks
218 South 15th St.
Mt. Vernon, Illinois
New email address: [email protected]

He lied to me about shipping. He would give me phony tracking numbers to bide more time.
He sent an empty box to a customer so he would have more time to finish it.
He even sent packages to wrong addresses to bide time
when he had told a mistruth about finishing the customers cockpits.