Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Roo servo mounting question My idea

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Roo servo mounting question My idea

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2002, 04:15 AM
jetspud

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Roo servo mounting question My idea

I have just glued the wooden servo tray, they look kind of on the weak side. Could I just wrap tape (masking tape) around the body of the survo and just glue the survo (glue were tape is) down to the servo covers. Then if I want the servo just cut the tape and you got your servo back. Give me your idea about this idea

Trying to make life easy,

David Elizondo
[email protected]

ps dont you like my many ways to spell servo
Old 03-12-2002, 05:34 AM
azblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmmmm, don't know about glueing servos in, but it sounds kind of hokey. Do it right. Glueing servoes sounds like the stuff i used to do with little fomie planes. If it feels flimsey to you, reinforce it.

Just a thought

Andy

enclosed is a pic of my Roo guts, hope it helps

Andy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	5591_226.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	4148  
Old 03-12-2002, 08:15 PM
jetspud

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default mounts

Andy,

I was wondering about this procedure for the wing mounted survos and the rudders.

David
Old 03-12-2002, 08:49 PM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can use CAPENTER'S GOOP from a hardware store for that. (I got this idea from BPM more than 15 years ago when I build my first DF F-15 Regal Eagle)

I've done it before and it held up pretty good. One nice thing about it is that you can remove it whenever you want.

Just put few dabs on each corner and let it set overnight.

Works great!!

……ghost rider……out
Old 03-12-2002, 08:49 PM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default David

Please call me.
Scott
Old 03-13-2002, 01:28 AM
Gary Jefferson
My Feedback: (167)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Servo mounts

David, I just finished gluing all of the servo mounts to the hatch covers on my composite Kangaroo, which I think is what you are talking about. It sounds like you have the composite Kangaroo but I am not sure. If so, the mounts do look a little weak and I thought the same thing when I looked at them for the first time but once they are installed they are extremely strong if installed properly.
Using thick CA you can tack them in place and then put a fillet of either CA or epoxy mixed with milled fiberglass all of the way around the base of the mount where the servo mount contacts the cover. I just used thick CA because it sticks to the surface of the Composite Kangaroo extremely well.
Be sure to sand the cover plates before you glue the servo mounts in place. You would need pliers to pull the mounts off of the mounting plates on mine.
Don't try to reinvent the wheel. I think that there are many Kangaroo's flying out there that have used the stock mounts successfully. I would avoid the tape idea altogether and build it according to the instructions. The adhesive on tape can get very soft when it is 90 degrees outside and may well cause you a big problem.
Like Andy said above, taping & gluing servos in place is something people do on the $50.00 foam planes not on a $4,000.00 Kangaroo. Hope that helps. Good Luck, Gary