Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Which pipe is better-puffer or standard?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Which pipe is better-puffer or standard?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2002, 09:13 PM
Jetset
My Feedback: (2)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Which pipe is better-puffer or standard?

Jsut finished looking at the BVM site at pipes. Is there a major difference between these two pipes? Seems like the puffer would be better or is it?
On that note, could you take a normal pipe and make it into a puffer? Seems like it could be done easy enough 'eh?
Thanks!
Myles :idea:
Old 03-13-2002, 12:46 AM
Chris Huhn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which pipe is better-puffer or standard?

The puffer has a "pitot" pickup on the end of it and is otherwise the same as a std pressure pipe. You could more easily convert a puffer pipe by adding a pressure tap.

I always preferred the standard pressure 'cause you get more mixture range from the inflight needle adjustment. Its does have limitations on when you can pull the throttle though. Are you familiar with them? No time to explain right now.

Chris Huhn
BVM, JetCat USA Rep
Old 03-13-2002, 02:10 AM
noahb
My Feedback: (67)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pressure pipe

I have a dynamax unit that has a pressure fitting on the shroud. Will this setup work satisfactory. I am running a OS 91 in a X-terminator sport jet.
Larry