Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Small Fans

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Small Fans

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2003, 04:35 AM
rpz-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Small Fans

Hi All,

I am just getting into DF models, and would like to start with a small engine model. I have noticed that K&B manufacture a .21 DF engine, but do not know of anyone else who does. Also, I can not seem to find anyone making the fan units for this size of an engine. Any ideas? Also, is the K&B a good choice for a small engine? Any idea how much static thrust it may be able to deliver? Are there other small glow DF engine manufacturers out there?

Thanks fo the help!
Old 05-12-2003, 01:57 PM
Rahlberg13-delete

Default Small Fans

Go with the .18 Toki. It's an engine/fan /pipe combo all in one. You can find kits for it on RCU here.

Or, if you can find the K&B (Ebay?), you can get the Kress RK-720 or RK-20 fan unit.

I'm using the Kress fan unit with a .21 buggy engine (OFNA).

Do a search here on RCU for .21 and you'll find lots of info.

Russ
Oakdale Aircraft
Old 05-13-2003, 11:52 PM
rpz-RCU

Default Small Fans

Thanks Russ.

I hear Kress is scaling back and may not be producing much longer... anyone know if there is an truth to that? Also... I need to haul an 8lb Learjet into the air with 2 fans... will the .21 or .25 have the power to do that?
Old 05-14-2003, 12:30 AM
DaFatha

Default Small Fans

Two Kress systems with either the OS .25 or K&B .21 (if you can find either one!) should fly an 8# Learjet. However, you could also consider 90mm electric fans--Schuebler or Jeppe and appropriate motors. EDF would outperform the ICE and they ARE available.

Best regards,
Larry Wolfe
[email protected]