Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Shreveport jets '08'

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Shreveport jets '08'

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 10:06 AM
DavidR
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Shreveport jets '08'

ORIGINAL: patf

did everyone's camera melt?
There were sme cameras there, I know there were some pictures taken of the NEW "Sam Snyder signature series" recievers that he purchased from me. It was hot as the hinges of hell there. But fun none the less. Vernon and I had a great time.

DR
Old 07-14-2008, 05:58 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Just got back in after a very nice weekend with the S.H.A.R.K.S. Thanks a million guys for your southern hospitality. Food was great flying to your hearts content was great - beautiful facility. Speacial thanks to all who made this a very enjoyable event. On a personal note it was frustrating with 4 flamouts and one dumb thumb resulting in 3 damaged jets. lol - I guess if your flyin em your gonna run into problems from time to time.

Pics to follow,

Andy
Old 07-14-2008, 10:17 PM
Kevin East

David is not joking about the heat,it was so hot the outhouse almost caught fire, (more memories made with the Misssippi gang), but the storms stayed away until late sunday afternoon.
I hope everyone got home ok, and if your missing a chair let me know, I will get it back to you.
We would like to get an update on the new "birds" Barry started working on this weekend.
A big word of thanks to all that came and toughed it out, these events are worth the work for the fellowship alone, I did get a couple of flights sunday, and one spectator came into the shop this morning to get a trainer and join the club.
We did rub the "new" off some jets,sorry about that,but I'm learing they fly better after that stuff is gone.
Again, Thanks to all that came, every part of jet modeling was well repersented, from the relaxed electric ,sport,scale,scratch, and Derick showing that jets don't just go fast and turn left.

Kevin
Old 07-14-2008, 10:27 PM
Kevin East

ORIGINAL: garling(sharks)

Here is a link to our website that has a map to the field.

[link=http://www.sharksrc.org/fielddirections.php]SHARKS Field Directions[/link]

The club website has pics posted on it already.
Kevin
Old 07-14-2008, 10:46 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Problem with pics.....[] The CF card is corrupted somehow after putting into the card reader. Now it won't even work in the camera. I haven't tried to reformat it in the camera in case there is another way to get the data off. I tried fixdisk etc. won't work. If anyone has any ideas....?

Anyway thanks for a great time Kevin and all of the Shreveport gang. Also, speacial thanks to Judy and Gary for their hospitality. You guys are great! Also big thanks to MR DAVID for looking over my shoulder and giving me those wipes and a can of oil. Your a cool cat buddy!

lol, it was so hot, when my F-16 landed with the nose gear collapsed it scooped up globs of tar off the runway into the intake. I got a ball about the size of a marble out of it.

I made a lot of new friends. Looking foward to seeing all again soon.

Andy
Old 07-15-2008, 06:04 AM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Kevin East

David is not joking about the heat,it was so hot the outhouse almost caught fire, (more memories made with the Misssippi gang),
Kevin
When something strange happens, why is it that the Mississippi gang's name always comes up.[>:] Keep up the good work

Had a great time even though I couldn't fly Sat. because of a short in the wiring in my plane.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:46 AM
DavidR

ORIGINAL: bcovish

ORIGINAL: Kevin East

David is not joking about the heat,it was so hot the outhouse almost caught fire, (more memories made with the Misssippi gang),
Kevin
When something strange happens, why is it that the Mississippi gang's name always comes up.[>:] Keep up the good work

Had a great time even though I couldn't fly Sat. because of a short in the wiring in my plane.
I was wondering the same thing Bob-O????
Old 07-15-2008, 08:02 AM
kirkj
My Feedback: (61)

i had a great time, and yes, that was the worst heat i have ever been in, and this from someone who lives in Houston!
anyway, thanks to the club, and for sure to David and Vernon who walked me through the maiden on my shiney new Bandit-ARF.

Kirk
Old 07-15-2008, 09:37 AM
Kevin East

All I can say about the Missippi gang to strange happings ratio, is keep up the good work!
Thanks for taking a hum-drum jet meet and turing it in to something to rembemer.
Kevin
Old 07-15-2008, 07:26 PM
bcovish

Kirk, I wanna see that Electra at the Southwest!
Old 07-15-2008, 09:39 PM
kirkj
My Feedback: (61)

it will be there!
hopefully with a few more.....

Kirk
Old 07-15-2008, 10:26 PM
DavidR

ORIGINAL: bcovish

Kirk, I wanna see that Electra at the Southwest!
And Bob-O .....what about YOUR Electra??????? Have you ordered it yet??? I started on mine last night, I am ready to get burning some electrons!
Old 07-15-2008, 10:35 PM
bcovish

David, in case your forgot, I burned[:@] some electrons at Shreveport and you want me to have an Electra.