Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Dropping my JPO membership

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Dropping my JPO membership

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 09:48 AM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dropping my JPO membership

Due to recent action of our JPO boss with regards to what took place at a recent Jet event, I hereby withdraw my JPO membership until a new leader is installed if and whenever it happens.

I cannot understand why somebody that allowed more than 12 non-turbine waiver holders to fly at his event would have the impetus to publicly chastise another CD over some minor infractions. IMOHO, a leader should apply some tact and handle sensitive issues away from the sight of those that would turn around and use it against us in the future.

Lastly, he who lives in a glass house should never be the first person to start throwing stones because when the dust settles, it will boomerang against him.

My name is the Ghost (regular RCU member) and I approve this post.

Flame suit on ready for the incoming SCUDD
Old 07-01-2008, 10:07 AM
ghost_rider

Default RE: Dropping my JPO membership

FWIW, I’ve been a card carrying, flag waiving, and staunch supporter of JPO for many years. This was not an easy decision for me to make.
I know of 15 other current members that would not be renewing their JPO membership after this season because of this fiasco. What a shame!!!….WHAT A BIG SHAME!!!!!!
Old 07-01-2008, 10:33 AM
Wren Turbines USA
My Feedback: (39)

Hi Ghost,

I have been involved in this mess from the get go, and also feel it could have been handled in a different manner. I'm still amazed at the way certain individuals acted........sure didn't see that coming!!
I have been a strong supporter of the Jet World Masters team and a good friend of Roger Shipley (who is always promoting JPO at the events he attends)...but alas...I too will let my JPO membership lapse.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:47 AM
GSR
My Feedback: (145)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Am I missing something here boys? If I read Tianos letter correctly he made NO mention of his opinion of the alleged infractions. He DID cite the manner and tone of response to Cooks concerns by the contest BOD as the root of his dissatisfaction. Scott
Old 07-01-2008, 11:00 AM
Synthetic
My Feedback: (18)

Where can those of us go to read about these concerns if this is the first we have heard of this. I have been considering joining JPO but have held off to this point to see how the new leadership would do.

Can you point me to where I can become more informed about this?
Thanks,
Don
Old 07-01-2008, 11:06 AM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well Ben - you've been a staunch JPO supporter for a long time, and I even remember you doing stuff like trying to initiate membership drives by making & distributing free custom mousepads (free to the members, but still at cost to you) to the next X number of people who joined up, etc. ... so it's sad to see you finally become disenchanted, and IMO it's a loss for JPO.

With that said welcome to the "ex JPO" benches. Don't worry ... it doesn't hurt.

Gordon
Old 07-01-2008, 11:35 AM
ghost_rider

ORIGINAL: GSR

Am I missing something here boys? If I read Tianos letter correctly he made NO mention of his opinion of the alleged infractions. He DID cite the manner and tone of response to Cooks concerns by the contest BOD as the root of his dissatisfaction. Scott
I for one did not like the way Tom was treated by the board but have you ever wondered where they borrowed the phrase “if you do not like it, do not come back†from? Do a quick search here in the Jet’s forum and you will find it out yourself. Withdrawing your gift contributions and asking other manufacturers to follow suit to me is asinine especially when you are in charge of an organization that its sole purpose is to promote Jets.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_40..._1/key_/tm.htm
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=7232677
Old 07-01-2008, 11:52 AM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

No kidding, I never agreed that Steve was the best JPO president that could be, but man, he sure was effective as far as I'm concerned.

I wish I could get my money back, I paid last year for two years. Not knowing that Tiano was going to be the next pres. Was there even an election? How do we get Keith Sievers to be president?
Old 07-01-2008, 11:53 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Can someone PaLEASE post the detailed reasoning behind this type of thing along with the anouncement before simply anouncing it publically for everyone to just guess??? Please post some info here so we can at least make judgments ourselves as to the validity of why you have decided to resign. Otherwise why bother other than to cause a public stink?

ie - what exactly happened at the jet event to cause this? Who is your JPO regional, what event was this, what transpired etc. We, who have read your post are completely in the dark here.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:06 PM
csandt051196
My Feedback: (35)

It seems to me some events are getting mixed up here. Only pilots with waivers flew in St. Louis. What event allowed pilots to fly with no waivers?

Thanks
Scott
Old 07-01-2008, 12:14 PM
seanreit

Tiano did at Florida Jets a couple of years ago. (The glass house comment)
Old 07-01-2008, 12:29 PM
Shok
My Feedback: (28)

Dropped mine this year as well.

Done with it all
Old 07-01-2008, 12:33 PM
Patrick Frost
Banned
My Feedback: (88)

Guys,

I have Officially resigned as JPO District VI Rep as of this morning as I feel that our current JPO President had no business sending a mass email to number of people stating Tom Cook's upset with me (the CD) and the St Louis flying Association regarding the Gateway Jet Rally Event last month as well as bringing it to the JPO. If Frank wanted to know my side of the story he should have asked me and not have made it public. If anyone wants to know what happened at Gateway Jet Rally just call me and I will tell you exactly as it was with no exaggerations, no lies, etc. If you dont want to call me then I can post a list of the pilots who attended and you can ask them what happened at the Event to see if it was deemed "unsafe".

When Steven Ellzey was President we had a great leader and felt the JPO was going somewhere. I have alot of respect for Steven and I always will. I now feel as if the JPO is falling apart and this is the reason for the talk of it "disbanding" as of Sunday June 31st. I feel most Pilots have lost all respect for the JPO and I cannot carry the name with pride as we once did. I have made my decision and you choose as you see fit.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:40 PM
seanreit

I would suggest all jet pilots that are of this same position send your resignation from JPO to the Secretary of note on the JPO website:

Susan M. Moore
790 Royal Crown Lane
Colorado Springs, CO 80906

Mine will be going out this afternoon or tomorrow morning.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:40 PM
Synthetic

That's good enough for me. I'm not joining the JPO..
Don
Old 07-01-2008, 02:02 PM
smokin-gun

i have apparently missed it all can i please be directed to the issues at hand??
Old 07-01-2008, 02:15 PM
Wren Turbines USA

It's over on the other forum.......in it's entirety.

Just mailed in my resignation to Susan...

Old 07-01-2008, 02:20 PM
smokin-gun

again i am lost -which forum and if it is a issue why is it not on the rcu jets forum????????-

i hope you do not mean r/c freedom -
that place is like a tabloid trash magazine!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-01-2008, 02:30 PM
F106A
My Feedback: (2)

Andy,
Check your e-mail!
Old 07-01-2008, 02:38 PM
Wren Turbines USA

Maybe so...but it still contains all the posts from both sides........I $H1T when I read it....

Like I posted in an earlier thread that has since been removed....I was there, and was approached by both sides....then one party went to the head of JPO....and before getting all the facts...blew it WAAAAYYYY out of proportion. I have always had the utmost respect for the individual who started this mess....but not anymore. BTW, I have mailed one $25.00 certificate plus a check for $75.00 to cover the other three certificates that were given out at the awards ceremony, back to the sponsor who claimed he was never mentioned at the event....shoulda' stuck around... I guess...

That's it for me...it's my 53rd birthday and I'm gonna go enjoy it. Enough of 3rd grade ...........

Cheers and a happy and safe 4th to all.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:47 PM
Kevin_W
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have read the thread on the "other forum", and just going by that it appears that the entire situation was handled badly from the start.
If the safety concerns mentioned at the event did indeed happen then they should have been dealt with on the spot. If attempts were made to voice safety concerns to the event organizers and those concerns were ignored or not dealt with in what was considered a reasonable fashion, the complainant should have packed up and left then refrained from attending or supporting the event in the future.
Accusations and private letters should never have been posted in an open forum before all private channels had been pursued.
It was also wrong for the JPO president to play an active role in an organized sponsor boycott.

It sounds like there is plenty of "wrong" to go around. I don't think destroying the JPO is the proper way to fix it though.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:59 PM
Wren Turbines USA

I'm not out to destroy anything............I just choose to not be a part of it anylonger. Funny thing about the initial accusations.......the pilot accused of being "unsafe" was chosen by more than 50% of the pilots as "Best Pilots" award..............as Ghost would have said"hmmmmmmmmmmm"

Then the accusations of the bombing runs...without even being there as a witness, and the piling on the band wagon to join the lynch mob....

holy crap

Old 07-01-2008, 03:02 PM
1Eye
My Feedback: (2)

Patric Frost wrote ...
<snip> I now feel as if the JPO is falling apart and this is the reason for the talk of it "disbanding" as of Sunday June 31st.
Patrick, you cannot arbitrarily go adding another day to the month of June!! There are but 30 days in June and the talk of "disbanding" did not and was not originated by any of the district reps.
It is unfortunate you and others are disappointed and feel short-changed by the present JPO leadership. The knee-jerk responses I've read here amount to nothing but cannon fodder and will change nothing. I'm disappointed myself but see no reason at the moment to throw out the baby with the bath water. The fundamental mission of the JPO (as an AMA special interest group) remains unchanged - anybody can get that off the [link=http://www.jetpilots.org/mission.htm]JPO website[/link]. I believe those who opt to stick around have an obligation to help the organization refocus itself and adjust the leadership accordingly to go after realistic expectations. Otherwise I expect I'll be there to turn off the lights and help find our way out of the building ... []
Old 07-01-2008, 03:17 PM
Gordito Volador
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Kevin_W

It sounds like there is plenty of "wrong" to go around. I don't think destroying the JPO is the proper way to fix it though.
Ditto that! The JPO has done a tremendous job for us as our Special Interest Group at the AMA. Man up and fix it, don't just walk away.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:20 PM
Patrick Frost
Banned
My Feedback: (88)

ORIGINAL: MrMike

Patric Frost wrote ...
<snip> I now feel as if the JPO is falling apart and this is the reason for the talk of it "disbanding" as of Sunday June 31st.
Patrick, you cannot arbitrarily go adding another day to the month of June!! There are but 30 days in June and the talk of "disbanding" did not and was not originated by any of the district reps.
It is unfortunate you and others are disappointed and feel short-changed by the present JPO leadership. The knee-jerk responses I've read here amount to nothing but cannon fodder and will change nothing. I'm disappointed myself but see no reason at the moment to throw out the baby with the bath water. The fundamental mission of the JPO (as an AMA special interest group) remains unchanged - anybody can get that off the [link=http://www.jetpilots.org/mission.htm]JPO website[/link]. I believe those who opt to stick around have an obligation to help the organization refocus itself and adjust the leadership accordingly to go after realistic expectations. Otherwise I expect I'll be there to turn off the lights and help find our way out of the building ... []
Sorry Mikey,

I meant June 30th I know the "disbanding" issue wasnt your idea nor any other Rep. At this point what other choice is there? I feel horrible for you and Greg and a few of the other guys that put every effort in the JPO to keep it going all this time. I will always consider you and Greg family to me. I think you will agree that What Frank did was wrong and of course no apology would ever come from him. He can do no wrong. I wish you guys the best of luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.