Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 32 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Boomerang Sprint Build Thread!

Thanks, I,really appreciate the information. Charlie.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Some picturers of my Sprint taken some days ago, I have also instaled a smoke system now and it gives a new dimension of flying.

BRG K-A

Fly all things whith wings that donΒ΄t rotate.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Beautiful pictures, and field., Nice work.

My Sprint is almost ready to go and just needs some balancing done. Do you guys balance it upright or inverted? It looks like a low wing which should be done inverted but the instructions do not say which way to do it. Also what are they weighing ready to fly? Mine is going to be close to 18 pounds.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ig11483.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	1230698   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Om32390.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	1230699  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Chris,

Sprnt looks great. I have the same color. The best I can tell you is what I did and the way Alan told me. To balance the ship, everything needs to be in place, all electronics, Turbine, both tanks, removable hatch etc. The only thing you don't want on the plane are both wings. Make sure your center spar is in place. It will probably be exposed about 10-1/4 to 10-1/2" on both sides. Have someone on one side of the spar and you on the other. Lift from under the spar at the same time and you can tell if it's balanced or not. Don't be afraid to put a little weight up inside the nose gear compartment if needed. Mine is a little nose heavy but it still flys great. The entire Boomerang series has a very forgiving CG. Also, have no fuel in the tanks and have all the batteries installed. Good luck on the maiden. Send pictures.

Doc...
    \"Never give up, Life is to short\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Guys

Well, I finally obtained my Turbine Waver on July 4. It was great. Had a problem getting the nose gear down but once I re-cycled the gears it came down, so we thought. Had it not been for the on board CamOne, I would never have known the truth. I'm attaching the actual video and you need to look about the 7:10 min point coming in on final. The camara was attached on the bottom of the boom at the CG point and had a perfect view of the nose gear. About 100 feet off the ground, you can see the nose gear move and lock. Had it hit that rough runway, it would have torn up the nose. Got lucky. Had three more really great flights aftere that. Here is the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvuhdaETwkY

Doc...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nice Flying Doc.. Congrats on the Waiver...
    Pete H
    A Happy Jet Central Falcon & Rhino Owner

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nice flying Doc.
    Good deal on the waiver.

It looks to me like you didn't read the basic requirements section for obtaining a Turbine waver. Section 12, parg 16 clearly states "before said Pilot is signed off on his or her solo, said Pilot MUST be able to sucessfully complete the solo flight ONLY after taking at least 15 pictures during said flight". Remote video is not acceptable.I know, I missed that part as well and if you believe all that, I have some swamp land for sale in Bangladesh at a really great price.

I think I saw a lion in the tall grass

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi,

Ok................I guess I had that coming, good shot.

Doc...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Guys,

I'm posting this after my last posting giving a link to YOUTube showing my CamOne video on my Turbine Waver flight session. With this video, you can see I went off the runway. That is was has started all this. I probably should have mentioned what really happened but didn't feel it was necessary. Well, I was wrong. Kevin Green who is on the Safety Violations Comm made some nasty coments. Several of you have privatey emailed me about this and I really appreciate your support. Enclosed is a copy of my response to mr. green along with what happened at the end of the flight. "Mr. Green: I was just informed by email about the coments you made about my Turbine Waver flight on Video. My Name on the Threads is Doc..., Fredrick V. Gambino. Listed is a response about that which I copied and pasting now. I will go and post what happened which was not in sight on the video. "There is a cross runway which is not in use. There were 2 Deer coming down that runway as I was landing and I went into the grass so as not to spook them. As it turned out, they turned around and ran never coming on to the actual runway. It all happened very fast and my action was totally excepted. If you look real close, I center lined the takeoff and the landing then did what I had to do to avoid the pending problem. This exact statement will be copied and posted with Mr. Greens name for sure."

OK...With all that being said, don't you think it would have been a good idea to address the issue with me instead of attacking the 2 people who signed me off? I probably should have mentioned some of this on my orriginal posting or just edited it out before uploading it to YouTube, but I didn't. This Filght was followed by three other flights and 4 additional landings. My Instructor has worked hard with me since May 23 simply because it takes time to get use to the response time of my P-80 which is not the SE version. I have been flying DF Jets since 1991 and flew on the Show team in AZ for 9 years. Experience is not my problem. What my problem is with people that ASSUME things first and ask questions last. I'm highly offended at the back stabing jab you took at the two people who signed me off. Both of these guys are tops in flying and what they do. I can personally tell you there only intention is to make sure the skills are there and the safety is fomost. For future reference, I will post this entire statement on the Boomerang Sprint Build Thread because like me, many feel you should have talked to me 1st hand. If you have any other coments, feel free to email me and will also be more than happy to talk to you on the phone. My Court schedual is light this week so time is really not a problem. In the future, please be carefull about slanderous coments."

Thought you guy wanted to see this.

Thanks again for your support.

Doc...

I"m the one who commented about the video, not Kevin.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi,

Ok, I say the response to my post saying you never mentioned anyone by name is true. Here was my response back and my Instructors were attacked but not by name. Here is my response along with the orriginal coment.

"Remember, there were 3 other flight which, combined with the first, enabled my people to feel good enough about my ability, response time and safety. If it makes you feel better, although I have obtained my Waver, I will not be flying alone and my people still plan on working with me. I don't know an instructor who would not have signed me off knowing my ability and at the last second having the runway filled with Deer. For most of the instructors, the sign off procedure is not broken. Please dont try to fix it. Here is your exact coment. ORIGINAL: Kevin Greene,

................"and how they received their waiver is beyond me.

I chalk that up to the two who signed them off could care less about it. there is a video that was posted here in the forum in the last few days of a waiver qualification flight, he was signed off according to the post and on landing the jet ran off the runway.........as a turbine CD I wouldn't have signed him off."

If that is not a stab at my instructors, I don't know what is!!!!!!!!!!
    Doc...

OK, If it was not you, why does the ORIGINAL say Kevin Greene? Tell you what. I'm way to busy for all this so why don't we just chalk this off to some bad ORIGINAL wrong verbage and move on. Thanks for all your coments.

Doc...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Doc

I was just kidding about the lion in the tall grass.

I hope that I did not start up something.[]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi,

Your fine. I can take a joke. I just posted a reply and put a smile in the wrong place. Don't know how that happened. I think this is starting to settle down now and we can all move forward.
    Thanks,

Doc...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ok i cant help to butt in. doc did a fine job with the plane. i didnt see anything butt good flying. come on he landed on the white line. i can see he did go off in the grass at the very end. and from my expierence it was done to avoid something. i think some people forget the first time they flew turbines. the only thing that worried me was the stuck gear. great job doc....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks,

Doc...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I agree with Doc, can we all forget this now and move on, no other comments neccessary thanks.

Mike
    My Gast is Flabered.
    No matter what anyone say's 100% is the maximum you can get.
    If you see a deleted post, my Avatar say's it all.

Nice cockpit Gypsy, where did you get it? Pilot & Panel...
    Thank You,
    Mojo

I don't see an rc gypsy on this thread so I'm assuming you're asking me about my cockpit. I got the pilot figure from cajun r/c, It's a 1/5 scale and cost 27.95 . The panel was built by a friend of mine here in Tulsa. He photocopied instruments of a full size turboprop and scaled them down to 1/5 scale. Then he glued them to a piece of plastic and built throttle sticks and retract sticks. He does great work and just did a complete cockpit kit for a friends Kondor Models Dehavaland Beaver. He built seats, floor, control wheel and panel and it really looks cool!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

....wrong thread sorry
    Pete H

ORIGINAL: chris1971

I don't see an rc gypsy on this thread so I'm assuming you're asking me about my cockpit. I got the pilot figure from cajun r/c, It's a 1/5 scale and cost 27.95 . The panel was built by a friend of mine here in Tulsa. He photocopied instruments of a full size turboprop and scaled them down to 1/5 scale. Then he glued them to a piece of plastic and built throttle sticks and retract sticks. He does great work and just did a complete cockpit kit for a friends Kondor Models Dehavaland Beaver. He built seats, floor, control wheel and panel and it really looks cool!
    Thanks Chris, I don't know where I saw Gypsy, in any case your cockpit is Awsome looks super... Compliments to your friend on the panel.
    Thanks Mojo

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I picked up the flycam one camera the other day and placed it on the belly right behind the front Retract.
    I wanted to see how the camera would do.
    I am no video editing expert but this is what I came up with.

http://www.vimeo.com/5516338

Pete H

Great video. Hope to be making the maiden tomorrow on mine. Just hope I can keep the knees from knocking too much!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi all I'm still kicking but not getting very far the last 30 days work was bad, county and chamber but going good now will you look at post # 726 I need some help and a picture or two of how to make every thing fit.
    Just the little things to go but the most important. Doc you jet looks good and very nice flight. and I just seen a flight from phjoker very cool.
    Can't wait.
    Thanks jim

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OK here is some up to date pictures
    thanks jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lj21900.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	1233445   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Up46954.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	1233446   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Af88185.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	1233447  

Page 32 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast