Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 63 of 71 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1757

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Flyeagle F18F

I will come back to you with pictures hopefully tomorrow.
    Oli.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well the pictures are just on the previous page.

Here is a picture of the flex plate rail with main reinforced former:

The flex plate is an unglued sandwich of 2 mm plywood/ 2mm carbon/ 6mm plywood. The rail is mounted floating between the two reinforced formers so that it can flex.

The front gear former is reinforced as well:

The main formers are modified ( shaved with a Dremel and Permagrit rotary tool ) to include the new angle as well as the reinforcements
    Oli.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Joseph, I think that I made a cutting template for the formers. I am on flight duty but I 'll be back home tonight and check what I have.
    I'll post it here if available...
    Oli.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

..OK nuno, I unfortunately got it wrong - didn't know, that the main gear sits less deeper in the fuselage than the
    stock one ... anyway here is a vid including my flight no. 8 with landing ...

all stock !

The bird is equipped fully with AR9100 Spektrum receiver hitec servos and a P200 -
    which makes it quite ballistic in the sky - but the power is needed for the rough gras track.
    In my opinion the normal main gear handles quite well even on gras, as long as you don't
    "race to much" around on the runway.
    As soon as I saw the different problems with the stock pipe, I went for an original JetCat central single pipe (Titanium)
    even more power and only a small optical issue for "scale freaks" - but performance is unbeatable with it.
    Up to now what makes me concern:

After a couple of flights, the gear mechanics is getting more and more "slope / play" -
    the material of the alu is to weak !
    Anyhow before winter starting here in middle Europe - I disassemble the gear and let it modify with better material -
    so it can even withstand 70 landings ....

Check the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwsh3NECLD8
    Best regards

Timo

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Timo nice flight, also nice landing.

Oliver, thank you for the photos. So I think that the rails are glued from one side to the former to allow the flex, correct?

Regards

Joseph

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: salibaj

Timo nice flight, also nice landing.

Oliver, thank you for the photos. So I think that the rails are glued from one side to the former to allow the flex, correct?

Regards

Joseph
    No Joseph, they are not glued at all.
    They cannot move because I made a small indent in the plate ( the former plate hole is slightly sorter on one side)
    It is essential that the flex plates are not glued so that they can flex...
    Oli.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok, I thought they were not glued but wanted to be 100%

Thank you
    Regards

Joseph

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Olnico
    I am thinking of using polyuretan flexy sealer to glue in the new formers and the flex plates this should act as an extra damper .
    How is your new pipe working ?
    I am just in the process of ordering one from Alex as I am also going to use a P200 instead of the simjet nexus as most of my
    flying is off grass.

ASH 26

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have not flown the 18 for a month or so. I had a mouse in the workshop while I was on vacations. She elected to make her house in the 18. She ate all the ceramic blanket, had her needs everywhere + also ate the elevator servo lines and some plywood formers.
    That a big mess...

I am placing the new P-200SX in it for test purposes. Stay tuned...

Any flexible glue would do the trick. Just make sure that the flex plate can be removed in case of a big shock.
    Also make sure that you use the plywood and carbon thickness that I mentioned.
    In case of a big shock, the plywood will brake but not the carbon plate. So it is very easy and inexpensive to repair.

After each flight, just check the 3 struts for flexibility. If you find them move flimsy than before, this means that you have broken one of the plates.
    you might also want to take some spare plywood plates with you at the field just in case...
    Oli.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

instal a cat Oliver
    Best Regards George
    www.rcjet.gr \"props are for boats\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: DelGatoGrande

instal a cat Oliver
    George, he is - he said he's installing a 200SX

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes that's a 25 kg cat. Pretty heavy
    Oli.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

loli didnt expect to be any good reply on me to be honest..but you got me
    Mark saved you big time on this one my friend

..see you around[sm=thumbup.gif]
    Best Regards George
    www.rcjet.gr \"props are for boats\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well Merry Christmas to all : My mane is Nate R . I live in Edmonton Alberta Canada , I am building the Tiger meet F-18 1/6 , I have now over the last three days taken the time to read all 63 pages of this build & purchase forum . It has been very enlightening but that's what a forum is for , Oliver thanks for the info passed the other day to get your three issues from RCJI , but unfortunately 100.00 us is to much to pay , I have had the pleasure to install the mod kit supplied from FEJ to widened the main gear stance and it works well and definitely beefs up that section of the A/C , as for the noise section leg, the servo frame does interfere with the cock pit kit so I will install the cables , I fitted the USA version of the AMT 450 it fits well and everything is in the back except the Boost pump and UAT , I did follow up with the carbon fiber in the Flap & aileron cutouts so hopefully there is more reinforcement at that location : now there is definitely a lot conversation on the tail pipe as well . you can order three different versions of the pipe , I believe that if you want strength & not have a weight issue you look for different metals both in thickness and integrity , I will order the tams unit but will complete ground runs on this unit . I am using a calculated Cof G spread sheet and the Cof G comes out to 174.8 is not a big deal , depending on the temp and winds as well altitude .

Can any one flying the A/C give me their true settings I am using a Futaba radio .

By the way I appreciate all the info on this site it really has helped me allot I will post some photos soon .

Nate

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nate,

I am just finishing up a new 1/7 F-18F that will have a Futaba 14MZ installed and powered by a Jet Central Mammoth. The one I'm still flying has a JR 12X. I'm setting the throws up pretty much as shown in Olivier's article and confirmed by my flights as well.

I have scanned copies of his Jet International articles saved on my computer. If you PM me your direct email I will send them to you.The files are too big for the RCU system to handle. The info in the articles is excellent.

CG will need to be adjusted to your own preference and flying style. My cg is pretty close to 190 but 174.8 will be safe until you get some flights on it. Be prepared for a completely honest, great flying jet!

David S

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Guys,

Those of you who emailed me requesting the copies of Olivier's articles. The files are even larger than I remembered. 180MB total. I'm running into difficulty figuring out how to send such large files. I scanned them at pretty high quality, not really thinking about the email aspect, I just wanted to preserve them on my computer. If any of you are computer whiz's and can tell me how to reduce the size for emailing, please let me know.

David S

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

David,

you can break the file down to multiple sections that could end up being around 50 seperate files. Next best thing is to put them on a CD and have the folks take care of the cost.
    I doubt if you can reduce the file size or zip it to a manageable size for email.
    \" It is not the fall that hurts, it is the sudden stop. \"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

David

Question ::

I am installing brand new Hi Tech HS 7950 TH servos all around Today I powered up the tail section & the elevators are jumping up & down ,unless I put some pressure on them they stop . I am using a HFP - 20 programmer , am I doing anything wrong , or is it just not enough power ?? Rudder servos are just fine .

Nate

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nate,

This is a huge surface and the hitec 7955 TG servos are only 333 oz torque at 6 volt, I am not sure of the hitec 7950's.

I would only use the JR 8711 servos for this surface. The JR 8711 servos are rated at 403 oz torque on 6 volt. I had these on mine and it worked great.

Best wishes on your project.

Kevin Marks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Kevin

I am looking at the box & it reads 402.7 oz @ 6.0 volts & 486 oz @ 7.0 volts you can find that info on the sin city web ,
    If that helps . I am going to power up to 7.0 volts tomorrow & see what happens . Oh I am sure I said HS7950TH

Nate

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nate, in that case the servos should work. I had balanced my stabs and would get some titering back and forth on one side. When the stab has just a slight bit of pressure it would not do it anymore. This may also be true with your set up.

The jet as David S. stated is just a pleasure to fly when you get the feeling for it.

Kevin

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nate,

Did you use the rubber grommets when you mounted the tail servos?

If not, this is probably what's causing the jumping. You're getting a feedback signal from the aluminum mounts which is making it difficult for the servos to hold center. Digital servos need the insulation provided by the rubber grommets to prevent this feedback. You don't see it very often because most servos are mounted on wood mounts which absorb the vibrations. The all aluminum mounts simply amplify and return it to the servos. Reinstall the servos using the grommets and you should be fine.

The three articles are a total of 21 pages all together. I'll print out a couple copies for those who requested and drop them in the mail. Send me your address via PM.

David S

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Page 63 of 71 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast