Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Fastest Jets???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Fastest Jets???

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 08:17 AM
DavidR
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RE: Fastest Jets???

Justin..

Are you sure you didn't ENVISION something this?
OH OH....now the spelling police have arrived!
Old 02-26-2004, 08:40 AM
sandslx

Doug,
The photos and video were taken at the first annual Saab JAS39 Gripen convention.

See you soon

Justin
Old 02-26-2004, 08:45 AM
Steve S
My Feedback: (54)

Matt

I have heard from numerous sources about your ole sweet looking Neon Bandit you had(RIP)

They said that damn thing was so friggen fast that it was literally one bigggg ballistic neon blurr when it whizzed by!!! With that being said ,I have seen several bandits fly here @ our mid-atlantic rally that had to be constantly pegging the 200 mph mark on level low passes-namely Glen Robinson's black beauty & Dave Malcione(sp?) Amt180 powered bandit .They weren't maxed out on the throttle either!! Buttt when you see a jet zoom by & all you can make out is a blurry silouette that's outta sight in mere seconds then that bad boy certainly isn't dragging its feet @ only 200!!!

Steve
Old 02-26-2004, 09:45 AM
Mach1
My Feedback: (5)

Several folks quote Vipers above the 200 mph mark even 220- 230!

Maybe from one of those "dives of death" speed runs that were so fashionable a couple of years back.
( I always thought those DF speed runs were a crock... climb as high as you can see and point the nose down, nail the throttle,
then pull out to level right in front of the speed trap. Hardly an actual test of speed.)

I think on a straight and level speed run the vipers would be hard pressed to hit the big 200.

Blast away!

W.G. Hunter
Old 02-26-2004, 10:44 AM
FL Phathom
My Feedback: (-1)

Hey Steve, are these true speed readings? or something you are assuming? Were they taken with a radar gun? If not, your remarks are saying people flying turbines are rule breakers. I don't believe this to be true, You've posted recently that Fentress has unlimited flying space and no restrictions, NOTHING could be further from the truth, Fentress is an active auxiliary NAVY landing site for Oceana NAS. THERE IS NOT unlimited flying space and THERE ARE restrictions, for example no flying over the active runway. logging in and out, fliers with turbines must be waivered, only 4 pilots in the air, etc, etc, etc. I'm very familiar with Fentress and I'm putting this post out to let everyone know that Fentress is a restricted site which you guys have the priviledge of flying off of, and it's not a site where you can come and do as you please. I did not post this to defame you, but I think you need to sometimes think before you speak. I will be getting in touch with the CD of your Jet Rally and ask him if he is aware of fliers breaking 200MPH.

Have a nice day
FL
Old 02-26-2004, 11:20 AM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: FL Phathom

Hey Steve, are these true speed readings? or something you are assuming? Were they taken with a radar gun? If not, your remarks are saying people flying turbines are rule breakers.
<snip>
I will be getting in touch with the CD of your Jet Rally and ask him if he is aware of fliers breaking 200MPH.
In case you are not aware, breaking 200 mph is not "rule breaking" yet - only once the new rules come into effect. Busting 200 mph is perfectly acceptable within the current rules if the aircraft is thrust limited instead of speed limited. We still have 4 days left of those rules, before the new restrictions are imposed.

Gordon
Old 02-26-2004, 11:38 AM
FL Phathom
My Feedback: (-1)

Thank you Gordon, I appreciate the info

Felix
Old 02-26-2004, 12:18 PM
DavidR

Hey Steve, are these true speed readings? or something you are assuming? Were they taken with a radar gun? If not, your remarks are saying people flying turbines are rule breakers.
Judging speed by an airplane being a blur can be very deceptive, and subjective, the difference in perceived speeds varies with the size of the aircraft. A bobcat doing 200 mph and a Kingcat doing 200 mph appear very different same speed but the larger airplane appears to be travelling slower.
Old 02-26-2004, 01:49 PM
mack845

Default RE: Fastest Jets???

Gentlemen,
Regarding the fastest jet to date please go to www,behotec.com and look in the Galerie, scroll down to the PINK delta, where you can see the recorder speed in KPH 455KPH = 282.7239 MPH
The pilot flies the real ones out of Dusseldorf. The speed was in level flight with a standard Behotec turbine, See also their products.
Mack
Old 02-26-2004, 05:16 PM
Bob_Wilcox

Dornier PT35 goes 350Kts or about 402 MPH with two JetCat P160s

Old 02-26-2004, 05:45 PM
dribbe

To my knowledge, two way level flight 600 foot trap recording of speed runs went out of fashion BEFORE any of these 230-255 DF speed runs were recorded. I feel pretty certain that these were all 'best number' runs.... pulling out of a dive downwind.

The fastest two way level average I am aware of is my Red Aggressor at 199mph (196 upwind, 203 downwind) in a 600 foot level trap... backed up.

http://home.mchsi.com/~dribbe/aggressor_photos.htm

After then, this kind of measuring went out of style... it was hard to set up, and run.

David
Old 02-26-2004, 07:04 PM
Steve S
My Feedback: (54)

FL

I never said that guys are breaking the 200 mph mark at Fentress,you need to read it again !! I said it appears that they are hitting in excess of 200,not exceding!! My posting above was merely an opinion & not documented by radar or anything true to measure.Just the human eye making a judgement call.While no one can obviously tell how fast a jet is really going unless pegged with a gun,and these things arent radared very often.In reality even at 190 a plane is screaming,thats getting it!!.That's like laping the daytona 500 & blowing Dale jr's doors off in a machine 1/4 the size of his .Speed can certainly be an illusion to the human eye .

As far as the unrestricted airspace comment goes that you made.I am very aware of Fentress rules as I have been flying there for 3 years now.Altho by the way I said it in my previous post ,that wasn't meant to be my choice of wording.I know just as much as the next guy that we are given a privledge to fly there,and trult blessed to have such a premier flying site.

Steve
Old 09-29-2013, 05:44 PM
Speedy-Gonzales
My Feedback: (202)

Default New World record at 440 MPH +

This turbine model is of European origin. I don't know a whole lot about it but here it is.

Guinness World record setter flown by Major Phil Pants I do believe!

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...t-440-mph.html

watch this video and notice the acceleration at the 47 second mark when he goes to WOT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=S_qc_loox6A

And a bit more video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=sa-TSNeTK-A

Notice that after this kind of speed he lands it at his feet. Amazing!

Last edited by Speedy-Gonzales; 09-29-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Old 09-29-2013, 06:18 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedy-Gonzales
This turbine model is of European origin. I don't know a whole lot about it but here it is.

Guinness World record setter flown by Major Phil Pants I do believe!

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...t-440-mph.html

watch this video and notice the acceleration at the 47 second mark when he goes to WOT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=S_qc_loox6A

And a bit more video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=sa-TSNeTK-A

Notice that after this kind of speed he lands it at his feet. Amazing!

Why drag up a topic/thread nearly a decade old when there is already a new post/thread about this model and record?
Old 09-30-2013, 01:53 AM
Speedy-Gonzales

Are you the "Forum Police"??? If you are then........EXCUSE ME!!!!!!!!

Only 14 sales / ratings and almost 6000 posts. I'd say you are the "Forum Police"

Maybe I posted in a 10 year old thread. You must be like the NSA since you are a critic

and think I have no right to post here without your permission? GTH buddy!

Last edited by Speedy-Gonzales; 09-30-2013 at 02:00 AM.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:28 AM
GrayUK

Here is the link to the world record data.
http://www.amtjets.com/template_gall...n=speedrec2010
Old 09-30-2013, 04:24 AM
invertmast

Are you the "Forum Police"??? If you are then........EXCUSE ME!!!!!!!!

Only 14 sales / ratings and almost 6000 posts. I'd say you are the "Forum Police"

Maybe I posted in a 10 year old thread. You must be like the NSA since you are a critic

and think I have no right to post here without your permission? GTH buddy!
Very mature!
It was an Honest question. Things have changed so much in nearly 10 years that most of the info in this thread about fastest jets is severly outdated to where its IMO pointless to drag this thread back from the dead. Especially when there is ALREADY a thread dedicated to the topic you posted here about. One would thing you are trying to spam it all across rcu
Old 09-30-2013, 06:44 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

First with the mods hat on I have deleted several posts that were in very poor taste and well off topic. Also can I remind people that RCU is international and different countries have different rules for flying model so the AMA 200 mph 'limit' is not universal.

Mods hat off. The current witnessed 'record' using a radar speed gun is 498 mph. A Kinetic 100 DP flown by Spenser Lisenby at Bird Springs achieved this in 2012.

Here is a clip of the same pilot and the same design hitting 468 mph.

http://youtu.be/rfoxjNg-eg0 And yup it is a glider. Compared to these guys we jet pilots are wusses and slow. Mind you I question the wisdom of holding a radar gun with that model going past at 400+. I would want to be in a concrete bunker.

For more see http://rcspeeds.com/aircraftspeeds.aspx?rpt=BD
Old 09-30-2013, 08:50 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

No offense but those gliders to me look about as exciting as a control line speed plane. Like watching some physics experiment.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:16 AM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What? You didn't like the baking soda and vinegar reaction that simulates a volcano erupting?
Old 09-30-2013, 10:34 AM
BlueBus320
My Feedback: (57)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, the gliders are pretty boring, not to mention I'd love to put an airspeed indicator on there & chech it's airspeed. It holds the ground speed record, put an ASI on both & I'll put my money on a turbine jet any day!
Groundspeed should be for cars..lol
Old 09-30-2013, 11:17 AM
flyinfool1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

The gliders are also being clocked in a dive with a "measured" 68mph tail wind. They are playing by different rules. Not to say they are not fast or even faster than the fastest jet, but just that the munbers have to be tempered somewhat.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:22 AM
willig10

Since your post didn't say specifically:

Fastest jet to Crash? FEJ of course. No one can beat em. Just sayin. LOL
Old 09-30-2013, 01:56 PM
Speedy-Gonzales

Default So What !

Since my post this thread has had some life to it so you see......Posting in an old thread revives interest and activity.
You Sir...seem to be the only person that is upset. I can post whenever and wherever I want and I DON'T answer to you.
I apologize for not passing your test of maturity nor do I care but hopefully you can adjust to my nonconformance and respect
others equally as you do yourself.

Let's watch and see what other new posts we can arouse in this old forum that you don't want anyone to reply to. You go back to your favorite big new forum and calm down a bit.

I am just really amazed at the video of this bird and watching it fly. I have been flying Sport Speed for many years now in both RC and CL.
I am mainly interested in prop driven speed but this stuff is mind boggling.

Respectfully,

Speedy-G

Last edited by Speedy-Gonzales; 09-30-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:18 PM
invertmast

Since my post this thread has had some life to it so you see......Posting in an old thread revives interest and activity.
You Sir...seem to be the only person that is upset. I can post whenever and wherever I want and I DON'T answer to you.
I apologize for not passing your test of maturity nor do I care but hopefully you can adjust to my nonconformance and respect
others equally as you do yourself.

Let's watch and see what other new posts we can arouse in this old forum that you don't want anyone to reply to. You go back to your favorite big new forum and calm down a bit.

I am just really amazed at the video of this bird and watching it fly. I have been flying Sport Speed for many years now in both RC and CL.
I am mainly interested in prop driven speed but this stuff is mind boggling.

Respectfully,

Speedy-G
when someone tells me to "Go to Hell" for asking a simple question.. Yes i'm going to get upset.. I'm sure if we had this same conversation in person where you couldn't hide behind a keyboard you would of been much more civil about it. Have a good week.. i'll agree with the guys on the gliders.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.