Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

How do I setup spoilers on my 10X

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

How do I setup spoilers on my 10X

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 01:44 PM
Dig it

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I setup spoilers on my 10X

I posted this in the radio forumn with no answer, sooooo I'll try here.

I've been trying to get spoilers to work on my Nitro bobcat but I can't get my head around the programming. Is there anybody out there that could give me a step by step including slaving etc so I can get this up and running. I don't need it but I want to play with it on my nice inexpensive bobcat before I try it on other stuff.

Dale
Old 08-05-2008, 02:43 PM
dbarrym
My Feedback: (47)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How do I setup spoilers on my 10X

Need more info....do you mean crow (i.e. raising ailerons up to increase drag/add washout effect) or real "spoilers" (a la sailplanes, for drag and/or roll control like a B-52?).

Are your ailerons on separate channels? If you mean crow, with no flaps, it's a fairly simple setup....there are many different ways, easiest is to just use a free mix or two (use one of your aux channels and assign a slider to control it), mix each aileron channel to the aux channel (you'll need to reverse the mix on one side), and adjust the mix % to get the throw you need.

You can do the same with flaps but you'll want to have the mix starting at 1/2-3/4 flaps, rather than at 0. I've since moved on the the 12X and can't remember the 10X step by step, but it's not difficult.

Barry
Old 08-05-2008, 03:08 PM
Dig it

I would say I mean crow. LoL, my terminology needs work. I want to have the ailerons raise to increase drag.

I have the two ailerons slaved to each other right now, no problem, but I think my fail point is, how do I set it to the 3 pos flap switch? Thats what I would like to happen. I'll give it a little more work tonight with what you've suggested.

Dale
Old 08-05-2008, 03:21 PM
dbarrym
My Feedback: (47)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Dig it

how do I set it to the 3 pos flap switch? Thats what I would like to happen. I'll give it a little more work tonight with what you've suggested.

Dale
There is a way to do this, I did it that way (flap switch) on my King Cat, but used the flaps as origin channel. I think Code 17 is the key, you'll still need to use a mixer to make the aileron slave channel move with the crow mix.

Good luck -

Barry
Old 08-05-2008, 04:20 PM
Jetman007
My Feedback: (6)

The 10X manual shows how to do this. Look for Flaperons on pg 29 of manual or Quad Flaps on page 31.

I think that should get you pointed in the right direction.

Art
Old 08-05-2008, 05:00 PM
rcmigpilot
My Feedback: (26)

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

It's actually quite easy. Set up the plane for flaperons (menu #22). Go to menu #66 and set the flap system for up travel using the +/-. Adjust the up value until you get the travel you want for each switch position. I would do this with the linkages off to prevent possible damage.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:36 PM
Dig it

Thanks people I'll let ya know how it works out.

Dale