Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

ATJ Turbines

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

ATJ Turbines

Old 01-27-2011, 02:48 AM
mauryr

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: ATJ Turbines

Idid prime it, the problem was simply with the pump start setting which was too low. Increasing it a little fixed the problem right away.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:55 AM
mauryr

MRDJ, there is a very good chance Iactually saw your package at Joseph's place, they had a couple of boxes right where we spun up my engine before Ibrought it home only a few weeks ago
Ididn't get a servicing box though, as I went there to pick it up with a trolley suitcase

If I may give you a suggestion, before you test it check the glow plug settings, because the factory ones, if you connect the engine to a fully charged 2s lipo, might very easily blow it right away, no big deal I know, but if it can save your plug, why not

Old 01-27-2011, 12:59 PM
Mr DJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maurya, my Man

So you're the one who tried to steal my Ti from Joseph - right Just messin' with ya... Yeah, I like the new addition to my engine family. I'm like a Foster Parent with kids of all Races: ATJ, AMT, Evo with more coming. Give me a couple of days and I'll show you where my ATJ will be livin'. I will do a thread of them both as usual. I made a short video of my ATJ yesterday; you may check it out or not, no problema: http://vimeo.com/19230109

Bob, Hotspot, what up, Gents. You like my new son; I call him: Ti

Mr DJ
Old 01-27-2011, 03:59 PM
mauryr

Ahah I didn't try to steal it and mine is a 120, but Joseph and I tried very hard to BURN it, lol. These boxes were dangerously close to the exhaust of my engine
Your video owns btw!
Now you've got to make her sing for us
Old 01-27-2011, 04:57 PM
Mr DJ

I'm gonna make him sing like a

Mr DJ
Old 02-02-2011, 02:57 PM
perche

This is my ATJ 170TI`s home

Fej 1/4,5 Hawk

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27121.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	231.2 KB
ID:	1557544   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qm35877.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	223.6 KB
ID:	1557545   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty66155.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	181.1 KB
ID:	1557546  
Old 02-02-2011, 03:30 PM
Mr DJ

Perche,

Sweet FEJ bird you got there. I never paid attention to the Hawk; I'll give it a closer look. My Ti's home is this one-of-a-kind Mr DJ Special FEJ T-33; I'm Lovin' It!

Mr DJ
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81397.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	1557551  
Old 09-05-2012, 05:43 AM
hotspot 01

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It's gone quiet on the Atj thread so a little info just completed 124 flights on a two year old 120-ti and it's performing well.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:49 AM
mauryr

ORIGINAL: hotspot 01

It's gone quiet on the Atj thread so a little info just completed 124 flights on a two year old 120-ti and it's performing well.
Still doing alright? What's your typical EGT?
I finally got to fly mine (3 times for now) after a couple of issues (kerostart failed after 5 cycles, exhaust cone leaked flame, main cover still leaks over the diffuser...).
This is the graph of a flight on a graupner hotspot:

and this is the flight

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUPE7WVEXgg[/youtube]

I think it's running quite hot and the acceleration time is still quite slow, but other than that it seems fine.
We'll see after a few runs, too early to say!
Old 02-28-2013, 03:56 PM
hotspot 01

The only issue I've had is with the igniter but you can access it and replace it yourself which is a handy feature. All the other issues you talk about I have never had and the engine has just over 22 hours on it.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:38 PM
mauryr

The only issue I've had is with the igniter but you can access it and replace it yourself which is a handy feature. All the other issues you talk about I have never had and the engine has just over 22 hours on it.
Have you found a suitable replacement? Or did joseph send you new ones? He won't even bother replying to my mails about it...
Tried with a diesel engine heater, but the heating part of the element was too short I think, could only get smoke.

Also, what are your current settings for accel / decel delay?
Thanks
Old 02-28-2013, 11:16 PM
hotspot 01

He sent me 3 new igniters for 50 dollars they are an off the shelf pre heater for Diesel engines should be easy to find. Would have to look at the figures but I've backed it off a little from the factory settings and it accelerates faster enough.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:25 PM
hotspot 01

The temperature is a little high I don't see more then 650.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:09 AM
Bob Toilet

Hi
The new ATJ-turbines have a new ceramic burner fitted. The ceramic burner is located inside the turbine, like the Jetcat burner. This cant be replaced by yourself. You can ship the old turbines to the factory, to fit the new burner. I have just ordered two 140Se, and they will come with the new burmer, and ECU V.10. I have allso shipped two of my 170ti for having the new burner installed. Will post comment on the new burner when tested.
Christian
Norwegian ATJ dealer.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:25 AM
hotspot 01

Good to know if I have an issue with mine in the near future may send it back to get modified.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:38 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mr DJ

Perche,

Sweet FEJ bird you got there. I never paid attention to the Hawk; I'll give it a closer look. My Ti's home is this one-of-a-kind Mr DJ Special FEJ T-33; I'm Lovin' It!

Mr DJ
Hey Mr. DJ,

How does that baby fly my brother?

Andy
Old 03-03-2013, 06:30 AM
mauryr

ORIGINAL: Bob Toilet

Hi
The new ATJ-turbines have a new ceramic burner fitted. The ceramic burner is located inside the turbine, like the Jetcat burner. This cant be replaced by yourself. You can ship the old turbines to the factory, to fit the new burner. I have just ordered two 140Se, and they will come with the new burmer, and ECU V.10. I have allso shipped two of my 170ti for having the new burner installed. Will post comment on the new burner when tested.
Christian
Norwegian ATJ dealer.
Hi Bob, how "new" is this burner? Mine was installed last summer, and it looks like a hacked diesel heater plug, which is replaceable from under the cover.
Sure as hell I wouldn't buy one which is not replaceable if not by the factory, Joseph has become entirely unresponsive and if the quality of these "new" burners is anywhere close to the one he fitted on mine then I don't wanna have anything to do with it.

Old 03-03-2013, 06:31 AM
mauryr

The temperature is a little high I don't see more then 650.
Care to post a graph of a typical startup and flight so I can compareplease?

Thanks

Old 03-03-2013, 06:33 AM
mauryr

He sent me 3 new igniters for 50 dollars they are an off the shelf pre heater for Diesel engines should be easy to find. Would have to look at the figures but I've backed it off a little from the factory settings and it accelerates faster enough.
Tried a bosch one, but I could only get smoke. The injectors do not preheat the fuel well enough, so when it is sprayed on the tip of the heating element it just smokes. The original one which lasted 5 cycles would ignite the fuel after at least 15 seconds smoking, and with a voltage of 7.3v (4 degrees weather).
I am using a xicoy one (external) right now and it ignites right away at 6,7v. Whole different story.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:12 AM
Bob Toilet

Hi mauryr
It is new this year. I will soon test the turbines with this burner, and post some comments in this thread.

Christian

ORIGINAL: mauryr

Hi
Christian
Norwegian ATJ dealer.
Hi Bob, how ''new'' is this burner? Mine was installed last summer, and it looks like a hacked diesel heater plug, which is replaceable from under the cover.
Sure as hell I wouldn't buy one which is not replaceable if not by the factory, Joseph has become entirely unresponsive and if the quality of these ''new'' burners is anywhere close to the one he fitted on mine then I don't wanna have anything to do with it.

Old 03-03-2013, 10:37 AM
hotspot 01

Be careful with the voltages was told not to go above 6.9v don't know if that's a restriction on the ecu or the igniter.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:53 AM
mauryr

Be careful with the voltages was told not to go above 6.9v don't know if that's a restriction on the ecu or the igniter.
If you're talking about the diesel igniter version, mine was sent with a setting of 7,2 from the factory. During winter it woudln't ignite under 7.3v. Turns out 7.3 was too much, considering how long it lasted, yet it was the minimum to get ignition (after over 15 seconds)

Old 03-03-2013, 11:36 PM
hotspot 01

I agree with you the pre heater they use is just not up to the task.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:14 AM
Bob Toilet

Hi
I have now tested the new burner on a brand new ATJ-140SE, and on one of my old ATJ-170Ti wich had the old burner, but i shipped to ATJ for fitting the new ceramic burner. And what a difference! I tested them on a meeting on a frozen lake with temperatures at minus 7 degrees celcius. The burner works perfect, but in this cold weather i had to do some minor adjustments. I had to give both the pump and starter motor more power in the start menu. Other then that it worked great! The new 140SE was delivered with the new Zicoy ECU, V10. So the GSU is connected to the ECU with a JR plug, and not the "telephone cable".
So if anyone have problem with the old style burner, i would reccomend to ship the turbine to ATJ for fitting the new ceramic burner.

Christian
ATJ-dealer Norway
Old 04-03-2013, 06:19 AM
mauryr

Hi
I have now tested the new burner on a brand new ATJ-140SE, and on one of my old ATJ-170Ti wich had the old burner, but i shipped to ATJ for fitting the new ceramic burner. And what a difference! I tested them on a meeting on a frozen lake with temperatures at minus 7 degrees celcius. The burner works perfect, but in this cold weather i had to do some minor adjustments. I had to give both the pump and starter motor more power in the start menu. Other then that it worked great! The new 140SE was delivered with the new Zicoy ECU, V10. So the GSU is connected to the ECU with a JR plug, and not the "telephone cable".
So if anyone have problem with the old style burner, i would reccomend to ship the turbine to ATJ for fitting the new ceramic burner.

Christian
ATJ-dealer Norway
Since the genious is not replying to any mail, I'll try to give him a phone call, see if he bothers to pick up...

Thanks for the heads up Christian!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.