Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Fei Bao fuel systems. (F-18F)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Fei Bao fuel systems. (F-18F)

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 12:12 PM
jetspud

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fei Bao fuel systems. (F-18F)

I was taking apart my fuel tanks to saftey wire everthing when i saw that the brass tubing inner diameter was rather small compared to the tygon. Anyone using the stock set up trouble free. I dont want to get it in and have problems then have to take every thing out. How is the tygon holding up.

David
Old 08-16-2008, 01:00 PM
Rob B.
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fei Bao fuel systems. (F-18F)

I replaced all the brass tubing with 3/16, and used larger tygon tubing. Prior to doing this there was so much drag on the system, it was collapsing the UAT. I also y connected the two smaller tanks in parallel to the main tank. I am using a Rhino.

Rob
Old 08-16-2008, 02:07 PM
pbusa1400

Thats must be one of the older kits . Call Wagner and he'll send you the new stuff. As for the copper tubing it was cut wrong that why it looks small (i.d.)you could use
an xacto or run a drill bit threw it. But I'm sure wagner will send you everything new.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:37 PM
ianober
My Feedback: (12)

I would not use the supplied "Tygon". Its the cheap chinese stuff and the kero hardens it rather fast.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:25 PM
twax4real

I agree with not using the supplied Tygon. We used it, but quickly changed it out as it got so hard, the clunk wouldn't move in the tank. Lucky to have caught it before doing much inverted stuff. That supplied fuel line is not suitable for the inside of a tank at all, and I would hesitate to use it anywhere outside of the tank either.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:27 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

The fuel systems in our jets are so crucial (don't ask me how I know this...[] ) that I would so not blindly trust any unproven/unchecked system.

That chinese tygon gets harder than Micheal Jackson in a blow up bouncy castle party. [sm=71_71.gif]

Raf
Old 08-19-2008, 01:33 PM
ddennison
My Feedback: (15)

I would also like to see some replacement pieces for my F18F fuel system but I am still waiting (4 months now I think) for replacement hinges for my FeiBao F18F. I am about to give up on FB.

Hope you have better luck,

Dave Dennison
Old 08-19-2008, 02:14 PM
rcjetmodels

ORIGINAL: ddennison

I would also like to see some replacement pieces for my F18F fuel system but I am still waiting (4 months now I think) for replacement hinges for my FeiBao F18F. I am about to give up on FB.

Hope you have better luck,

Dave Dennison
Dave,

Fei Bao was developing the new hinges for the planes, and we just receive them but unfortunately they will not fit the old models they are 1/8" bigger than the old ones and different configuration, the new planes will came assembled with the new hinges, if you want I can send you but you will have to replace and fit all the doors back again, however TamJets hinges will fit. Regarding the internal fuel cell lines I sent to you I wile ago by USPS I don't know if you have received or not, please contact me at 305 926 0049, I'll be glad to send again.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:33 PM
ddennison

Wagner,
Thank you for your response.

I would prefer to try the new hinges as I had written back to you with my address several weeks ago after Winamac. I understand that Tams' hinges may fit -but which ones? HE has a newer hinge out that is quite strong but it is a 3 piece hinge - my understanding is that the he no longer stocks the older offset hinge that I used on my Tam Hornet.

As far as fuel plumbing, I have not received anything by mail, ups etc. You had sent me the UAT and extensions as part of the combo purchase and I did recieve those.

I suppose the thing that bothers me about this is that if I had simply had the plane without the doors hinged I wouldn't have to 1) redo them, 2) be expected to find hinges to use for this project and 3) paid for the added work of the installation which was useless and cost me how much?

I have PM'd you my address again.

Thanks

Dave
Old 08-30-2008, 01:38 PM
ddennison

Wagner,
Thanks, I received the hinges and the fuel line. The hinges seem like quite an improvement. Thanks for the continued support.
Dave