Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Artes super bee or Jetcat P-60se?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Artes super bee or Jetcat P-60se?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 05:35 PM
rorrock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Artes super bee or Jetcat P-60se?

As I said earlier, nothing beats Jet Central customer service..
Just look at the Special Thanks to Eric Clapp thread..

Rob
Old 08-21-2008, 05:43 PM
tamjets
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: ianober

ORIGINAL: seflyer

I am only getting some feedback on the Artes turbine, I have jetcats and have been happy with them. I saw David Searles rhino's at CA jets and was impressed with them and it never hurts to check out other options. I may just buy both and compare them myself.

Kevin

So why think about buying something different? Stick with what you know and what you trust.
Kevin love to find out the different.
Jetcat is working good for him. But he won't know how good it is until he experience them all.
Poor Kevin up north. He is only one in the club flying turbine and it hard for him to see what else out there than can be as good as Jetcat.
There is a lot of good information post daily on RCU. The bad one to embarrass to post.
Give him a chance to find out on his own experience.
I had flying both engine and I can said both are great engine. I fly the Bee way back when it just came out. Hundred of flights log-in without any flame out issue. Just the start up you got to know how to do it right and master the start sequence. It will start up everytime. But if you pay less attention to the start up sequence. Sometime it could be trouble with good fire coming the tailpipe.
Jetcat had better reliable start up and better ECU/firmware. That is more friendly use for less experience guys.
That from my experience with both engine.
Jetcat P-60SE is my 1st choice.
Bee is my 2nd.
Other brand I had no experience and can't comment.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:25 PM
smitty1001
My Feedback: (29)

They both are great. The new Super Bees (after Tam jumped ship) start just as easy as the Jetcats. In fact, it is actually better for less experienced operators because you don't ever mess with pump start voltage. I would however, recommend sticking with one brand for procedures and standardization of equipment. (i.e. carry one GSU, etc.)

Of course if you fly turbines you are probably smart enough to run several brands at once I was running a RAM (speaking of flames - I nicknamed that thing Haley's Comet ), a Jet Cat and a Jet Central Falcon last summer and they are all pretty much the same once you memorize the keystrokes.

P.S.
Last summer I tried to do a pro's and con's of both brands on a thread that really just wanted to trash each other. It was dissapointing really because I thought that there was some good substance there......of course no one responded to that post - they really just wanted to sling mud
Old 08-21-2008, 10:12 PM
tamjets

ORIGINAL: smitty1001

They both are great. The new Super Bees (after Tam jumped ship) start just as easy as the Jetcats. In fact, it is actually better for less experienced operators because you don't ever mess with pump start voltage. I would however, recommend sticking with one brand for procedures and standardization of equipment. (i.e. carry one GSU, etc.)

Of course if you fly turbines you are probably smart enough to run several brands at once I was running a RAM (speaking of flames - I nicknamed that thing Haley's Comet ), a Jet Cat and a Jet Central Falcon last summer and they are all pretty much the same once you memorize the keystrokes.

P.S.
Last summer I tried to do a pro's and con's of both brands on a thread that really just wanted to trash each other. It was dissapointing really because I thought that there was some good substance there......of course no one responded to that post - they really just wanted to sling mud
You are wrong on this one. Before is Ram than Jetcat. Bee only one that are available at the time. Good things that I have try both and know both are excellent engine.
Just up to the buyers which one is best for their need.
Both had good service department. One in Mexico and other one in California.
At the Jets show Bob Wilcox and Eric Clapp are doing very good customer service.
Bob is more help when you need engine check out onsight. That what Bob do at his facility.
Eric is more like a saleman. He can offer you better price if you bend his arm.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:12 AM
smitty1001

ORIGINAL: tamjets
Just the start up you got to know how to do it right and master the start sequence. It will start up everytime. But if you pay less attention to the start up sequence. Sometime it could be trouble with good fire coming the tailpipe.
Jetcat had better reliable start up and better ECU/firmware. That is more friendly use for less experience guys.
Bee is my 2nd.
Wrong about what? You know more than I master, but I know that both of my Bees start without me paying more or less attention to the sequence. You just start it - it doesn't care about your attention level and it brings the pump up slowly from zero each time without any input/changes from the user = no flame

?
Old 08-22-2008, 02:18 AM
tamjets

ORIGINAL: tamjets
Just the start up you got to know how to do it right and master the start sequence. It will start up everytime. But if you pay less attention to the start up sequence. Sometime it could be trouble with good fire coming the tailpipe.
Bee is my 2nd.
Wrong about what? You know more than I master, but I know that both of my Bees start without me paying more or less attention to the sequence. You just start it - it doesn't care about your attention level and it brings the pump up slowly from zero each time without any input/changes from the user = no flame

?
You wrong about me jump ship. That what I mean.
I was fly Ram way back when their still in business. Then buying first Jetcat with blue can. BTW it still flying in the proto type F-22. Just going through many service cycles that all.
I bought the Bee when it come out. My don't like start up in the cold morning. I had to give it little warm up run on propane for few second and shut it off. Then it start after that and work everytime.
That the sequence I do when it cold. Summer time no problem. This might got to do with propane control are not perfect from the ECU setting. The new Super Bee might not had this issue and all the bugs should work out with the ECU by now.
But you got to admit. Jetcat ECU got it down right for starting up sequence. Their had the best ECU over any ECU on the market when come to Auto Start.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:34 AM
smitty1001

oh...ok.....now I see what you mean, daddy!
When I said you "jumped ship," I just meant that when you stopped flying artes and went all purple, the bees might have not started as easy as they do now. The Jetcat ECU firmware IS superior I believe. (at least the user interface) I do miss all of that data and settings! I just don't miss sending my engines in and it costing hundreds of dollars each time and long turn around! Now I have more money to buy more of daddy's product!

P.S. I need to call tomorrow, couple questions:
1) Tiger coming soon? I want to order the install, etc. too.
2) I need a YA F-18 single pipe
3) What size/brand of smoke tanks for 1/8th F-16? (I see pic in manual where they go)
Old 08-22-2008, 06:02 AM
tamjets

oh...ok.....now I see what you mean, daddy!
When I said you "jumped ship," I just meant that when you stopped flying artes and went all purple, the bees might have not started as easy as they do now. The Jetcat ECU firmware IS superior I believe. (at least the user interface) I do miss all of that data and settings! I just don't miss sending my engines in and it costing hundreds of dollars each time and long turn around! Now I have more money to buy more of daddy's product!
P.S. I need to call tomorrow, couple questions:
1) Tiger coming soon? I want to order the install, etc. too.
2) I need a YA F-18 single pipe
3) What size/brand of smoke tanks for 1/8th F-16? (I see pic in manual where they go)

I'm still working right now. Doing the manual photos for the 1:12 scale F-16 and shorted out all the neccesarry hardwares/parts to pack for the complete kit.
I'lll post some photos on that the build thread and go home get few hours sleep.
At least tomorrow I can sleep early cause my wife had girls night out and I be Mr. Mom watching the kids.

BTW,
Hope you change your mind buying the P-60SE.
I had special promotion sale combo package 1:12 F-16 with Jetcat P-60SE for $3495. We only had 3 P-60SE in stock for this special sale until more Jetcat P-60SE coming.

Old 08-23-2008, 08:42 AM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm sure that both brands are great. However my clubs's friends (two of them) are having bad results with the Jetcat service (they need to resend the turbines becuase the problems was not solved)...
Old 08-23-2008, 01:02 PM
tamjets

ORIGINAL: Edgar Perez

I'm sure that both brands are great. However my clubs's friends (two of them) are having bad results with the Jetcat service (they need to resend the turbines becuase the problems was not solved)...
I'm sure this happen to any service department and sometime user end also had something to do with it too. What about all the 99.9% that are happy with the service not said anything.
Everyone is human and mistake can happen. Just look at thousand of service over the last 10 yrs Jetcat had done. Ofcourse there might be few slip the radar and those are post on RCU.