Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Laser Design Services and Troy Built Models

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Laser Design Services and Troy Built Models

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 09:37 AM
limeybob
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Laser Design Services and Troy Built Models

Laser Design Services has reached an agreement with Troy Built Models, we have been in negotiations for some time and have come to agreement that benefits both parties. We expect to have a good working relationship which will benefit our customers.

Laser Design Services is now an authorized dealer of Troy Built Models, Inc. Laser Design Services offers the Fly Eagle Jets F-15, F-16, AT3, and Rafale turbine aircraft, the MF Models ShockJet, and the World Jet Models Rafale. If you are interested in purchasing any of these aircraft, please contact Laser Design Services for more information.

Regards
Bob Leserve and Gene Payson
Old 09-08-2008, 09:45 AM
jetfreak
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Laser Design Services and Troy Built Models

Well, this should be interesting to hear about.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:52 AM
jetflyer
My Feedback: (5)

So the lamb makes friends with the lion?
Old 09-08-2008, 10:00 AM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Bob, like I said in a few pm's and on the other thread this was mentioned, I AM SO HAPPY TO HEAR THIS! I'm super happy both sides stuck with it and cooling heads prevailed!

I would encourage all jet model flyers to contact Bob to order these products. Bob is one of the most genuinely nice guys I have known in this hobby. I was once stuck without a turbine in one of my models, and Bob loaned me a P-70, no questions asked, right on the spot, and then he said "I can't believe I'm so fortunate to have Sean Reitmeyer fly my engine in such a nice airplane".

I can't say enough good things about these guys, and his laser services are nothing short of phenomenal!

Congratulations to both companies!
Old 09-08-2008, 11:51 AM
grbaker
My Feedback: (29)

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Bob,

Great news!!!

If you're happy, then I'm happy for you.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:19 AM
seflyer
My Feedback: (12)

Great news, I will be getting one for a winter project[sm=thumbs_up.gif] to go with the arf I already have. Kevin
Old 09-09-2008, 11:44 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Can't all of those products still be bought from TBM? Are your prices better? Is LDS now making the Shokjet? Not sure what benefits are here other than adding another distribution channel. I understand that there was some issues revolving the Shockjet. I guess this announcement is just telling us that all of those issues have been resolved?

At any rate if so this is good news I guess.

Andy
Old 09-09-2008, 11:51 AM
seanreit

Andy, there are a bunch of modelers that would never buy a product from TBM because of previous issues, now that those issues have been resolved, those that were boycotting TBM, have better information. I will be putting in an order sometime soon myself. Limeybob is one of the greatest guys in this hobby, and I would support anything he gets involved in. He's got great judgement, softspoken, and a great sense of humor, not a bad builder either.

I am but one modeler, but I believe my hobby dollars are significant enough to want my business, and there are a lot of others out there like me.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:55 AM
cactusflyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Andy,

You WERE opening a big can of worms.....But you closed it. Hopefully it will stay sealed. Yes, all seems to be good now...

Group Hug!

Once again, I think that the power of this media facilitated a good outcome.

Tailwinds,

John
Old 09-09-2008, 04:08 PM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: seanreit

Andy, there are a bunch of modelers that would never buy a product from TBM because of previous issues, now that those issues have been resolved, those that were boycotting TBM, have better information. I will be putting in an order sometime soon myself. Limeybob is one of the greatest guys in this hobby, and I would support anything he gets involved in. He's got great judgement, softspoken, and a great sense of humor, not a bad builder either.

I am but one modeler, but I believe my hobby dollars are significant enough to want my business, and there are a lot of others out there like me.
Sean, in what manner were those previous issues solved? Thanks.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:31 PM
seanreit

I'm not privy to the agreements between the party's, only that Bob has finally got the credit (whatever that means) that he has been long due. By what I have read here, it appears that beyond any money or design credit, at the very least, LimeyBob is now a vendor of products that previously he was not. I know that much to be sure. This I would I assume lead to future money that was unavailable to him.

I'm also not privy to any deals between Bob and Ronnie (shok), but I did notice that Ronnie's new airplane went for sale on RCU, and my own theory is that soon he will have a Flyeagle Airplane to be showing off
Old 09-09-2008, 04:35 PM
seanreit

or better yet, Ronnie could be flying a Skokjet! [X(]
Old 09-09-2008, 06:52 PM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: seanreit

or better yet, Ronnie could be flying a Skokjet! [X(]
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!
Old 09-09-2008, 07:35 PM
seanreit

Now if I can only get Frank to step down from JPO pres, so I can wave the JPO flag as high as my shortness will allow!!

We may be able to save this hobby yet Ben! hahahaha
Old 09-19-2008, 10:08 PM
CiprianGugu
My Feedback: (17)

Bob,
Your new web page looks really good. However, I am a little disappointed when I saw that if I want to buy the jetmack I need to call TBM. I am leaning towards the jetmack as my first jet that I want to build over the winter, BUT, I am leery to order anything from TBM just because of what I read on their site:
"TBM will do its best to work with the customer and the courier service should a lost or damaged item claim occur; however, please recognize that when this happens both parties are at a loss."

What happens if the shipping company damages or looses the package? According to them I am at a loss also. I think that if I pay them for something and for the shipping, it should be their deal with the shipping company if something happens with the product. I surely don't want to pay for something that is not my fault.

Any plans of selling again the jetmack? Maybe bringing back the special jetmack + turbine later on? How about a special on the shock jet + turbine?
Thanks.

Ciprian
Old 09-20-2008, 03:40 PM
Bill Hatcher
My Feedback: (2)

Ciprian, TBM insures each and every package we ship by UPS. The Policy you are refering to is for USPS. It can take up to a year to deal with them and get anything out of them.This is why we don't like to ship with the Post Office. WE file Claims all the time with UPS for dammaged products. WE file the claim, WE do not make the customer do anything other than provide photos of the dammage so we can file the claim. Please check the web site early next week and I will have this cleared up on the site.

Old 09-20-2008, 09:50 PM
CiprianGugu
My Feedback: (17)

Thanks for the clarification, Bill.

Ciprian
Old 06-17-2009, 01:15 PM
katarinaconnors

Recently had a wing failure with my shock jet and wrote about it on the forum.... Please note TBM has a new six step fix to beef up the aircraft wing and wing attachment points... they have agreed to replace or repair damaged items to my satisfaction and have been gentlemen about it.

If you have a shockjet in the box or flying you should contact them about how to make sure you don't have a major failure resulting in possible loss of the aircraft and property.

Thanks to TBM and its staff for their assistance.

Katarina Connors