Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Comp arf eurosport

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Comp arf eurosport

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 02:18 PM
Dazza123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comp arf eurosport

Hi All,

hope someone can give me some info..

I have nearly completed a comp arf eurosport mk1 with mk2 wings.
I have built it as light as possible, pop bottle tank, no frills on the install, installed twin outlet BIF Tail pipe, standard euro retracts, y leads where possible, no airbrake, one servo in each wing JR 8511..........my question is I have built this very light but not compromised anything structual, the only turbine I have left to use is a turned up p120 and dont want to buy another turbine!!

The p120 is pushing just over 28lbs, I am not looking for ballistic performance or untold vertical power, am looking for a jet that will get off the ground have a little vertical push and be able to get in and out of a small field, and fly more scale like..I know everyone recommends merlins and p160's etc but all i have is a little p120 looking for a home!

will this work???

P.s what do eurosports fly like, are they good fun?

Regards all

Daryl

[8D]

Last edited by BarracudaHockey; 08-20-2019 at 04:01 AM. Reason: member requested
Old 09-16-2008, 02:26 PM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: Comp arf eurosport

Yes, a P120 will definitely fly a Eurosport (particularly a light one). There are a couple of Euro/120's flying in Albquerque (alt 5800 ft ASL). I would suggest installing the speedbrake as it will definitely assist you in landing at a small field.

Regards,

Jim
Old 09-16-2008, 04:18 PM
Sivadoc

Why MK II wings? I also have a Eurosport which needs an engine, and have been told that the "only option" is a Merlin 160. But i have seen a couple with 120 - engines and i think they fly pretty nice as well - from grass also.

Got pics?
Old 09-16-2008, 04:31 PM
Dazza123

Hi Sivadoc,

when I bought the airframe it needed a bit of work it was tatty in areas, was told they were mk2 wings as this is my first eurosport I cant tell the difference between the wings?

Am glad the 120 will push it ok, was alittle worried about using the bif twin thrust pipe, but seem alittle more content now heard people say they go ok.

I have sprayed it black for the scale DA2 scheme, am applying decals this weekend so onc the final coat of lacquer is on will post somep piccys for you.

Once I get use to flying it might eventually put a 160 or equivalent in it!!

Regards

D
Old 09-16-2008, 08:54 PM
jonathang

hi daryl it will be fine i had a supereagle in mine about 30lbs of thrust in my m1 and it was fast you dont need the air brake there are two that fly from are grass site with no problems at all, it will land fine without it just do a few go arounds when you are half way though your flight and get use to is slow flying its a very nice flying jet even in the less capable hands so just enjoy it i hope every thing goes ok on the test flight regards jonathan