Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Sounds like a BAD deal to me......

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Sounds like a BAD deal to me......

Old 10-12-2008, 09:16 AM
Patrick Frost
Banned
My Feedback: (88)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sounds like a BAD deal to me......

I listed a JetCat TITAN SE on here a few days ago and I need some info from a few of you guys. I just accepted a guy's offer from Indonesia yesterday but the more I speak with the guy via email and phone things just dont feel right. At first, this guy wants me to convert the TITAN to Kero start and I explain to him 80 times that HE can do that on his own and I am not converting it to Kero Start for the price I listed. After awhile he accepts the fact that it is propane start and he will convert it on his own when he receives it. He then wants to use PayPal and I accept at the 3% additional fee but then goes to tell me that he can only deposit $500.00 per day max and at this rate it will take a week to receive all funds $3,400.00 total with shipping to Indonesia. I thought this was strange since I have done many sales with PayPal and I always receive my money in full with no problems. I have sold several large items on RCU this week with no problems and those sales went fine just as all have done throughout the past years here. After explaining to me on the phone that he can only deposit $500 per day via PayPal he aks me where he can find a 600 pound turbine for a "special" UAV project that he is doing. I told him that I only fly R/C Jets and not UAVs. He then goes to ask me if I knew ANYONE that has a 300-600 pound turbine because it is VERY important to get a turbine this size. I the tell him that I have NO IDEA and dont fly turbines this size. I then ask him if he has ever flown an R/C Jet before and he says "NO" but he has run and old RAM 1000 with no problems on a bench and this TITAN is for a friend and his project and it's important that it be KERO start only for this UAV project they are doing. He then laughs at me and says that I am not helping him the way he was expecting me to. I told him that he would need to find someone else to buy a turbine from because I can no longer help him. He says that he insists on buying this JetCat TITAN from me and he still wants it.

Later last night he emails me and says that he works for the Indonesian Cybercrime Task Force and he was just seeing if I was a reputable person and that was why he was asking me these particular questions on the phone. I just sent him and email and said I wasnt interested untiL I can verify that he is a Policeman as he states he is. I have since re-listed my TITAN on here. Am I worrying about nothing or is this something to be concerened about? I am not worried about the money situation because I wouldnt ship anything until I received all the funds. My concern is this guy doing something bad with the turbine I sold him overseas. Im sorry but in this day and age I feel that it is necessary to be worried about these kind of things. I have sold over 100 items on RCU including about 15 turbines but I have never shipped one overseas. I have yet to receive any money via PayPal from this guy and I told him in my last email NOT to send me anymoney as of yet. Am I worried about nothing?
Old 10-12-2008, 09:20 AM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Sounds like a BAD deal to me......

I don't know Patrick. I had been feeling so bad lately over all the elction stuff and the economic news, I became depressed. I called a "Depression Hotline", but like most of the companies in America now, it had been outsourced to an Indian compnay. I guy with a heavy accent answered the phone and though I had a hard time understaning him, I did manage to understand when he asked me if I was so depressed that I might be suicidal. I told him, after thinking about it a minute, that I just might be. He then offered me a job driving a truck, I start tomorrow.......
Old 10-12-2008, 09:26 AM
Patrick Frost
Banned

ORIGINAL: DocYates

I don't know Patrick. I had been feeling so bad lately over all the elction stuff and the economic news, I became depressed. I called a "Depression Hotline", but like most of the companies in America now, it had been outsourced to an Indian compnay. I guy with a heavy accent answered the phone and though I had a hard time understaning him, I did manage to understand when he asked me if I was so depressed that I might be suicidal. I told him, after thinking about it a minute, that I just might be. He then offered me a job driving a truck, I start tomorrow.......
Uh......................okay. That doesnt help right now. Sorry you are bummed out bro.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:37 AM
SlabBro

ORIGINAL: Patrick Frost

ORIGINAL: DocYates

Uh......................okay. That doesnt help right now. Sorry you are bummed out bro.
Pssst. We'reall over here man!
Old 10-12-2008, 09:53 AM
powerjets
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Patrick, dont make it YOUR problem, if he wants it, let him pay in parts and when all the money is completely on paypall and from there transferred to your bank, you can send him the turbine. After that youre done.-his risk-
If ANYTHING else and get out...
Good luck
Old 10-12-2008, 10:21 AM
Jim Cattanach

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The bit about only being able to pay a certain amount each day with Paypal is true. I sold a turbine to a guy in the UK & I had to wait until he got permission from Paypal to get the limit increased. It is something to do with money laundering laws.
The rest of his story sounds like a lot of bull*****.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:26 AM
ETOPS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Patrick, I would take the safe route and not sell it to him.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:30 AM
joeflyer
My Feedback: (48)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Follow your instincts. From reading your post it's obvious that something is not right with this guy. Even if he were legit it sounds like this deal is more trouble than it's worth.

Joe
Old 10-12-2008, 11:33 AM
B1Driver
My Feedback: (26)

Pat, you could take this one step further and report it to your local police department which would in turn give it up to the homeland defense peeps. Sounds like shenanigans to me. Hopefully you kept all email traffic and IP numbers as well.

Luis
Old 10-12-2008, 11:50 AM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Patty,
Dont sell it to him, you will endup being the ringleader of a massive indosnesian takeover.
I will send you 500 a day for 3 days and you will be paid in half the time!!!
Scott
Old 10-12-2008, 11:54 AM
sweetpea01
My Feedback: (10)

I wouldn't waste the local police time on this one. Just sell your turbine to someone else (instict and gut feeling here).

Send the buyers info that you have to Homeland Defense and you have done your job. The guy could be legite or could be trying to do something bad. Let the pros investigate if they chose to.
Old 10-12-2008, 12:43 PM
Eddie P
My Feedback: (4)

If it were me I would pass. I'd rather have an unused engine in my shop for sale to a known buyer than the real risk of the alternative, as seen here plenty of times in the past unfortunately. No offense intended to any innocent potential buyers out there of course, just a reaction to past precedent. It's a risk vs. reward thing. If it were truly worth it to you, would you have asked?

Good luck with whatever you decide, no right or wrongs, just opinions until the deal is done I suppose.
Old 10-12-2008, 12:44 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

money talks and bs walks. Full money up front - cash in hand. Then send it to him. Tell him he you will hold it for him unless another person can get you the cash faster. I wouldn't put up with that crap one second. What he does with it is his busness. If he was a terroritst or something he could buy directly from a jetcat dealer. I wouldn't worry about that. I highly doubt it.

Andy
Old 10-12-2008, 01:02 PM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

Easy...just ask yourself two questions:

1) Can you sleep at night if you sold it to him?

2) Can you sleep at night if you didn't sell it to him??
Old 10-12-2008, 01:04 PM
DelGatoGrande
My Feedback: (23)

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

..money talks and bs walks. ...
i second that/dont waste your time Patrick
Old 10-12-2008, 01:16 PM
highhorse

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts

Thank you for your heads-up termination of the sale. It isn't about the $$, it's about a much bigger picture.

Ur right. Guy is full of BS. Internet crime enforcement my ass ! I know a bit about this if he really was one of the good guys he would be irresponsible to admit that to you, thus exposing his methodology to the public domain.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do your country a favor and contact, for starters, homeland security. They can refer it to the proper folks from there.

Believe the threat is real. A friend and co-worker of mine prevented another 9-11 scenario just by following his instincts. Once he contacted the authorities and gave them the info he had they went absolutely BONKERS and shut down a "cell" here in the U.S. which had already begun rehearsing/training for the attack !

His being smart and following his gut is the ONLY reason you never heard about a SECOND 9-11.

What he does with it is his busness. If he was a terroritst or something he could buy directly from a jetcat dealer. I wouldn't worry about that. I highly doubt it.
Andy ! You can't mean that bro [] ! Security is OUR in business these ugly times, and there is a very good reason this guy chose the route he did. Think about it for a few minutes . PM me if a light doesn't come on that makes you smack yourself in the forehead and say say DOH [X(] ! I don't want to elaborate here..........
Old 10-12-2008, 01:22 PM
highhorse

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts

ORIGINAL: Wayne22

Easy...just ask yourself two questions:

1) Can you sleep at night if you sold it to him?

2) Can you sleep at night if you didn't sell it to him??
Very, very well put.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:28 PM
Patrick Frost
Banned

******* Up Date ********************************** This is the latest email I have received from^^^^^^^^^^^^***********************

> Patrick,
>
> Are you gonna sell this turbine or not ? This is the 2nd
> time you tried my
> nerve and now you upset me.
>
> Im a civillian member not the police officer.
>
> And regarding the big turbine, have you ever heard about
> UAV ? Have you ever
> see any UAV with small turbine ?!?!
>
> Regarding the kerosine, why dont you asked the jetcat why
> they produced this
> kinda methode. I think this is a stupid question i ever
> heard.
>
> This is make me wonder, how long you ve been on turbine
> field ?
>
> So, the final question is, are we good to go or not ? I need
this turbine asap.

>
> Thanks

>
Old 10-12-2008, 03:34 PM
schroedm
My Feedback: (1)

I'd give him the big Foxtrot Oscar!
Old 10-12-2008, 03:55 PM
Andrew Bird

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: schroedm

I'd give him the big Foxtrot Oscar!

Nicely put Mark! I'm with you on that one.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:43 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Money is money no matter where it comes from. Money from Indonesia is as good as money from Rolla.

Have him pay you first. The he can go Foxtrot himself.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:06 PM
gooseF22

Frosty its a scam.

he will try to build your confidence and get as much info as he can from you. reject offer and any further comms, just dont answer. block him from your email. IF he decides to send money anyway, just keep it and have no further contact. I had a friend go through this selling a car and he got took. dont remember the details, but it sounds the same. trust your gut.

by the way...got 5 flights today

goose
Old 10-12-2008, 11:22 PM
FILE IFR

Frosty, His last e-mail doesn't smell right. Tell him to buy from JetCat Germany as you won't ship it overseas.

He's telling you you have stupid questions and asking how long you've been around turbines.... If I ever got that e-mail to me, well.... he can go Foxtrot his hand, AFAIC.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:17 AM
tamjets

We got those email all the time.
I told them wire the money to my bank account than we ship business.
Don't accept anything else beside bank transfer.
This way is real deal. If the guy want to buy and he would have money to wire transfer from his bank account.
Only scam try to give you BS story.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:53 AM
Moerig

ITS A SCAM, Plain and simple. Indonesia is so corrupt you cannot imagine, DO NOT DO IT. You cannot foresee the talent of these operaters in parting you from your money.... The Banks and FEDEX etc are all in on it over there...
AND using Paypal is a problem. Imagine this. "buyer" sets up paypal with (stolen nr) CC, builds a semi-good account and once you have money in your account, the cart gets reversed up to 3 months later. Paypal will get their money back from you...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.